AA/US Merger

I just want job security,indusry wages and benefits.I dont ask for much. I dont care about there business plan and what managers they pick and culture ... just pay me

Jul 16, 2013, 5:52am CDT Updated: Jul 16, 2013, 7:06am CDT
American Eagle pilots say no to US Airways pay proposal

"The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported that because of the merger, the Airline Pilots Association has been talking with US Airways management about possible concession. US Airways has told the union that it will not place the next large order of regional jets unless it has a cost structure in line with its competitors, the Star-Telegram said."

The Airways business model is starting to show. Best wishes to all.

I just want job security,indusry wages and benefits.I dont ask for much. I dont care about there business plan and what managers they pick and culture ... just pay me

Then I suggest you seek a different career!!! lol

Jul 16, 2013, 5:52am CDT Updated: Jul 16, 2013, 7:06am CDT
American Eagle pilots say no to US Airways pay proposal

"The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported that because of the merger, the Airline Pilots Association has been talking with US Airways management about possible concession. US Airways has told the union that it will not place the next large order of regional jets unless it has a cost structure in line with its competitors, the Star-Telegram said."

The Airways business model is starting to show. Best wishes to all.

Yes. The pilots met their bankruptcy savings goal but Parker decided that wasn't enough so he is coming back for more. I don't believe for a second that the Eagle pilots will be the only ones getting this treatment. Get ready.

Energy, Medical, Tech.....need more?
I said nothing is safe Medical? Many hospitals have closed in my area, Energy is not for me. I don't wan to be stuck working in 120 degree power plants , I am a tech. What else you got???

I also think that your assumptions of a drastic decline of AA service levels following the merger are wrong.
Time will tell if you're right. I'm willing to give the Parker-managed AA a chance, and I hope he upgrades HP-US to AA standards. But looking at history, I have a sick feeling that AA will be transformed into a much larger version of HP-US.

are aa planes wifi equipped about 90% of us domestic fleet is and i wonder if parker will do that to aa after the merger if its not now wifi equipped

are aa planes wifi equipped about 90% of us domestic fleet is and i wonder if parker will do that to aa after the merger if its not now wifi equipped
Yes, even most of the MD-80s. AFAIK, the only ones (MD-80s) that have not been retrofitted with Wi-Fi are the ones that they know are going to be leaving the fleet within the next year or so. (Can you imagine the moaning and groaning we hear when the passengers find out there is no Wi-Fi? We've obviously done that just to ruin their lives.)

Interestingly enough, I think there are a number of the 757s and 767s that have not been equipped with Wi-Fi. But, I can't say for sure because I almost never fly either one of those a/c. Last month I flew a 767 trip on reserve. I had not worked on a 767 since before I was furloughed in July, 2003.

Sounds like you are willing to give up the last two, which are tangible, for the first, which isnt.

Latest posts