AA/US Merger

Yes. The pilots met their bankruptcy savings goal but Parker decided that wasn't enough so he is coming back for more. I don't believe for a second that the Eagle pilots will be the only ones getting this treatment. Get ready.
Well we already got "Ream'd" now comes "DP" .

Sounds like you are willing to give up the last two, which are tangible, for the first, which isnt.
I just feel that we should be awarded for the hard work we give to the company when they make money and not be penalized for the poor management decisions when the company loses money.

Reactions: 1 person
I just feel that we should be awarded for the hard work we give to the company when they make money and not be penalized for the poor management decisions when the company loses money.

Well the IAM has allowed that to happen and seems perfectly fine allowing it to continue. The IAM at US was the first to get down and give concessions. US has recovered they are posting record profits and their employees are stuck with a bargain basement agreement. They've basically sat on their hands in the negotiations and keep saying they are waiting on the NMB. No picketing to tell the company they are serious.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
that was done under the randy canarybird regime thats why they got ousted.. i do believe that our nc team will prevail and get us out of the below the basement bargain we currently have..

that was done under the randy canarybird regime thats why they got ousted.. i do believe that our nc team will prevail and get us out of the below the basement bargain we currently have..

The NEW UA Tentative agreement was lacking under the new regime/team. The IAM leadership needs to set a precedent at their largest represented airline

i agree with you when ua ta was shot down that id imagine would have had to send one hell of a loud signal to the iam leadership at the same time it sent to good ole schmuck ceo of ua

Well the IAM has allowed that to happen and seems perfectly fine allowing it to continue. The IAM at US was the first to get down and give concessions. US has recovered they are posting record profits and their employees are stuck with a bargain basement agreement. They've basically sat on their hands in the negotiations and keep saying they are waiting on the NMB. No picketing to tell the company they are serious.

Josh
Wrong,

The IAM was the LAST group at US to give concessions, ALPA was first, then the TWU, CWA, AFA then the IAM.

Keep up the lies.

No picketing?

You are just plain ole ignorant.

us+airways+picket+042413.jpg

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&q=us+airways+mechanics+picket&oq=us+airways+mechanics+picket&gs_l=hp.3..33i29i30.590.9280.0.9519.43.24.7.11.13.1.185.2261.17j7.24.0....0...1c.1.21.psy-ab.Ejo0GY93GFM&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.49478099,d.dmg&fp=f517e589f07e1117&biw=1366&bih=637

Mortician
Time will tell if you're right. I'm willing to give the Parker-managed AA a chance, and I hope he upgrades HP-US to AA standards. But looking at history, I have a sick feeling that AA will be transformed into a much larger version of HP-US.

Remember, US is the major airline that for a while charged for water and still charges frequent flyers, the best customers, a fee for redeeming miles on the web site without the use of a res agent. If they follow the nickel and dime US approach at the new AA, many frequent flyers will flock to DL and UA and the American reputation will be gone.

Well, gee, Dash. When things look blackest you're always there with the voice of doom. Aren't you? :lol:

I call them as I see them. I really hope they will benefit from the AA name recognition and keep their FF base and put their big boy pants on and run the airline for the benefit of the customer. Doing that will ensure a profitable operation.
The new AA management will only have one chance to get this right.

Wrong,

The IAM was the LAST group at US to give concessions, ALPA was first, then the TWU, CWA, AFA then the IAM.

Keep up the lies.

No picketing?

You are just plain ole ignorant.

us+airways+picket+042413.jpg

https://www.google.c...iw=1366&bih=637

Ok company boy, see you are condoning concessions and industry lagging IAM agreement once again. Again why did the IAM wait this long to ask for a release and has basically sat on their hands while they await a response? US is raking in record profits, the union should fight for the members rather than strike backdoor deals with the TWU to ensure their dues continue flow after the merger.

Josh

Reactions: 3 people
The employees of AA don't realize what is going to happen to their airline, culture, and working conditions over the next few years.
It will be dramatic change - and any ideas that the new AA will look, act, or feel like the old AA should be purged from your brains immediately.
DP and Co.'s main focus is getting a pax from A to B on-time with their bags. He has no interest in competing on service, just cost.
The poster above was almost correct, but it's not AmWest that you will transformed into, it's "Mesa Grande".
Cheers.
Can I quote myself? Listen to the earnings call for LCC.
DP has stated he will use the same playbook from LCC and apply it to the larger, merged network.
BOHICA.

Well, DP and his cronies can take a run at it. Change will not come easy, we see new people come and go all the time. The ONLY way he will motivate anybody at AA is with money. We have already heard all the threats, and all the promises management could come up with in an attempt to motivate.

“If you put our federal government
in charge of the Sahara Desert,
in 5 years there would be a shortage of sand."
- Milton Friedman

More Team leaders announced, the HR & Finance divisions. I thought it interesting but not too surprising that most of the HR comes form AA and most of the Finance from US ranks.

More Team leaders announced, the HR & Finance divisions. I thought it interesting but not too surprising that most of the HR comes form AA and most of the Finance from US ranks.
Where would I find that list, especially the HR folks staying on from AA? Thanks