AA/US Merger

Can I quote myself? Listen to the earnings call for LCC.
DP has stated he will use the same playbook from LCC and apply it to the larger, merged network.
BOHICA.
That's not quite what was stated, if I remember correctly. What Parker and Isom said is they intend to adopt the tight US focus on operational execution to the larger network -- on time departures, baggage handling, and the like. Nowhere did he say or even imply that the combined AA+US would dumb down international business class, for example, or make other "do it on the cheap" changes. Parker and team know they need to compete with UA, DL and other international carriers, all of which are upgrading their on board products, in order to keep and win business contracts.

Is USair and America West still operating as 2 airlines? And when we do merge will we be operating as 3 seperate airlines?

Is USair and America West still operating as 2 airlines? And when we do merge will we be operating as 3 seperate airlines?

US and HP merged in Sept 2005 and US was granted a Single Operating Certificate in late September, 2007, so the answer is no, US is not operating as two separate airlines. The US East pilots' dissatisfaction with the seniority list integration decision by Arbitrator Nicolau and the subsequent shenanigans has prevented US from combining the pilots and fleets.

When US and AA merge, they will remain separate airlines for a while, just like with every other airline acquisition (TWA) or merger (DL/NW, UA/CO) while they synchronize the airline in preparation for a SOC.

Nobody knows for sure how the pilot situation gets resolved, but my assumption is that the seniority lists of the AA pilots and the US pilots are combined via arbitration, and nobody is gonna be real pleased with the results. The US West pilots will probably be the happiest of the three groups. But this time, the US East pilots won't have a majority of the pilots and thus won't be able to form a new union in an attempt to run away from their binding arbitration. This time around, binding probably means "binding."

Reactions: 2 people
A friend of mine applied as a FA at USair east and did not accepted but did get accepted at USair west, that is why I was inquiring. 70 new hires most based on east coast.

I heard months ago that the plan was to change the callsign from "American" to "Freedom", but only saw it in one place and I'm pretty sure it's not based on fact.

I heard months ago that the plan was to change the callsign from "American" to "Freedom", but only saw it in one place and I'm pretty sure it's not based on fact.
freedom is not bad . Much better than Cactus .

So just speculative at this point. Nothing official or in writing. Thanks.

Reactions: 2 people