AAA Alpa Thread 10/19-10/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah... give me a second... cough, cough... ummm... their magazine is in color? Does that count? :lol:

Well...Given the price of the mag?(A mere "Two percent" of one's income?..and many churches promise full spiritual salvation for tithes of ten percent or so)Hmmm...I can/did lose over a million and a half dollars in pension following Alpo...but they're cheaper than some churches that only promise total "salvation"....I'm really reaching here, but = Yeah!!...full color's a truly good thing :lol:

Though I'm flattered that you've researched my earlier posts my opinion on ALPA hasn't changed one bit. I've always been a pragmatist. To paraphrase Churchill, ALPA is the worst union there is, except for all the rest.
Glad to hear this. I thought your opinion of ALPA changed because of your new found fortune, glad to hear by your opinion and view of history, you are a man of principles.

By the way interesting quote from Churchill on ALPA, I did not know that he was familiar with ALPA.

"A paraphrase (from the Greek paraphrasis) is a statement or remark explained in other words or another way, so as to simplify or clarify its meaning. It can be used as a replacement for a direct quotation when the original text is unavailable or under copyright restriction. A paraphrase can substitute a euphemism for a direct statement, in order to avoid offense. As with a quotation, a paraphrase is introduced by a verbum dicendi, or disclaimer. A paraphrase is sometimes marked with (ph)."

Because you are the almighty and get to make that decision for everyone?

Has it ever occured to you that the MEC had confidential financial information that by law they could not disclose to the rank and file?

How are were going to make an informed decision without that information?

Has it ever occured to you that the MEC had confidential financial information that by law they could not disclose to the rank and file?

How are were going to make an informed vote without that information?

OH...MY...LORD GOD....you didn't really just say that, did you? Whew!!...A very good thing that Alpo morons were there to throw away the peasants' pensions with their extremely enlightened knowledge then. I'm now fully relieved, and I'm not the least bit sore about 1.5 million stolen...Thanks for clearing that up :lol: :lol: Thank God Allmighty for Alpo!!! ;)

I thought your opinion of ALPA changed because of your new found fortune, glad to hear by your opinion and view of history, you are a man of principles.
Your post made me quickly check my bank account. I didn't detect any new fortune, let alone any old fortune. Has your status improved since the merger?
By the way interesting quote from Churchill on ALPA, I did not know that he was familiar with ALPA.
A) I didn't quote Churchill. Notice the absence of quotation marks. B) Churchill didn't know ALPA but he sure knew the type.

How are were going to make an informed vote without that information?

Ok. Here we go, inventing excuses for ALPA that they never made for themselves. Stockholm syndrome is treatable.

You can't fix being stupid.

Good. This is a sign of progress. Welcome to the club. A little late on the uptake, but that's OK. We were in denial for a long time too. We were holding out hope for them too, but alas, you can't fix stupid. We're just glad you will be in a happy place real soon too. Just keep with it.. you can't fix stupid. The next step will be real easy. :lol:

You can't fix being stupid.

Sigh...No argument there sir :up: One can, however, at least attempt to be a thinking human being. Heck, even Forrest Gump fully knew the following : "Stupid is a stupid does" = throw enouirmous pension funds away without even negotiating any curently funded freeze point/possible partial recovery/etc. Don't fret sir...your observation indicates that there's always hope for even the dimmest to eventually encounter some slight epiphany...except, seemingly with Alpo sorts.

Regardless of whatever voluminous amounts of utter BS can be put forth on Alpo's behalf: Given many historical notions; even Col Travis told his men that there were, indeed, a whole buncha' mexicans, and that things looked a bit dreary for even short term survival, and those men were then allowed a "vote" with their feet. Had Alpo been tasked with Texas' defence?.....Viva Santa Ana!!...And/Ummm..can I/we get a job in the Mexican government that'll cover MY precious little Alpoid tushy?

For those of you out west? = The very same Alpo clown that tossed away the penisons of thousands of his "Fellow Pilots"..was also on "The Board of Directors"...and was heard rambling about "his duty to the company". Want more of the same in the future?.

For those of you out west? = The very same Alpo clown that tossed away the penisons of thousands of his "Fellow Pilots"..was also on "The Board of Directors"...and was heard rambling about "his duty to the company". Want more of the same in the future?.
I forgot about the Board angle. Have to write that one down. Excellent reminder!! Just one more point to bring up when ole BP starts the pro ALPA campaign. Wonder how many will show up for his recruitment meeting this Thursday. Or better yet for his "working" dinner Wednesday on our dues money. Haven't heard of too many volunteers.

“War seems to be part of the history of humanity. As we look at the situation of our planet in the past, countries, regions and even villages were economically independent of one another. Under those circumstances, the destruction of our enemy might have been a victory for us. There was a a relevance to violence and war. However, today we are so interdependent that the concept of war has become out dated. When we face problems or disagreements today, we have to arrive at solutions through dialogue. Dialogue is the only appropriate method. One-sided victory is no longer relevant. We must work to resolve conflicts in a spirit of reconciliation and always keep in mind the interests of others. We cannot destroy our neighbors! We cannot ignore their interests! Doing so would ultimately cause us to suffer. I therefore think that the concept of violence is now unsuitable. Nonviolence is the appropriate method.â€￾
gotaro

Dalai Lama quotes

“War seems to be part of the history of humanity. As we look at the situation of our planet in the past, countries, regions and even villages were economically independent of one another. Under those circumstances, the destruction of our enemy might have been a victory for us. There was a a relevance to violence and war. However, today we are so interdependent that the concept of war has become out dated. When we face problems or disagreements today, we have to arrive at solutions through dialogue. Dialogue is the only appropriate method. One-sided victory is no longer relevant. We must work to resolve conflicts in a spirit of reconciliation and always keep in mind the interests of others. We cannot destroy our neighbors! We cannot ignore their interests! Doing so would ultimately cause us to suffer. I therefore think that the concept of violence is now unsuitable. Nonviolence is the appropriate method.â€￾
gotaro

Dalai Lama quotes
Point taken, but?..Screw the Dalai Lama....just another hypocritical rich foreign bastige feeding off the people he supposedly "represents", heck: He coulda' been an Alpoid without much effort: my priorities remain unchanged=God/my family/The USA/"My people/friends/"tribe"/etc....Ummm...I did mention that it's been a rather long "week" already? :lol: I know = "just step back from the keyboard and finally get some sleep and nobody gets hurt" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back