Aa's Big Announcement On Feb, 2005

<_<
Ok, to get things back on topic......here's a theory I heard recently concerning "a big announcement"
AA selling Eagle...AA selling MD80's to Virgin America...AA buying 737's for medium range international markets as well as domestic to replace md80's.

It's like a cafeteria..pick out what you like and leave the rest.
Where would we be without a rumor?

UAL_TECH said:
But at least you have 'Scope'... ;)

B) UT
[post="228226"][/post]​

Funny how its soon going to be 2005 and its only the "Catch all" TWU that still has "Scope"!

AAmech, since the TWU's idea of "SCOPE" is people working for minimum wage with no benefits. You can have your TWU "MOUTHWASH" :down:

Here's my rumor(S): AA is going to move all narrow body aircraft overhaul to the DFW area. Tulsa's remaining shops will be run separately under the AMR banner until suitable buyers can be found. All wide body overhaul is going to be accomplished at AFW KIA-HYUNDAI. It makes sense. Why have your heavy maintenance scattered all over the country,when there is plenty of available hangar space at DFW,AFW. ;)

AAmech said:
Funny how its soon going to be 2005 and its only the "Catch all" TWU that still has "Scope"!
[post="228299"][/post]​
What would you call twu scope AAmech? All the industry leading concessions we have? A@P licensed mechanics forced to work as OSM's with no license pay? How about the 1c, 2c, 3c, shift differential? No paid lunch or ez hour? Half pay sick time? No double time? Loss of 5 vacation days? Loss of 5 holidays? Must be the 17.5% pay cut? Really, what is the great twu scope?

You can brag to yourself how great the twu concessionary contract is AAmech, just don't come here and tell those of us who are not twu blind with our head up our arse.

Have you read the NWA mechanic concession proposal? For some funny reason, NWA management wants match and trump what the twu gave to AA. Some the proposals are concessions the twu gave away years ago. Thanks for setting a new industry low AAmech, again. :angry: :down:

JFK777 said:
USair is a dog named WOLF with too many flees. It time to end the airlines mysery and kill it.
[post="227963"][/post]​

1. We may be on life support, but we aren't dead....yet. :(

2. Wolf has nothing to do with us right now. :D

3. Trying to kill off other carriers or the hope of such is what seems to be driving the huge stem of loses to this industry. This is the only fuel driven industry that refuses to raise prices. The ceo's seem to have a "If we can just wait a little longer someone will fail" mentality. :down:

4. How much money has AA lost in the last three years? Any big profits, big guy? Seems to me like the red ink continues to flow down in Dallas as we write. I wouldn't throw stones and wish death upon other carriers when yours is pretty much in intensive care itself. <_<

5. If anyone is to be blamed for the AA/TWA mess, point the finger at your CEO at the time. His obsession with being bigger than UAL paved the way to one of the biggest business blunders in history, leaving pie in your face when the UAL/US merger failed. :down:

6. Let's not throw stones at aircraft fleet. I'll take our A320's anyday over your B737-800's and most definitley our old 737-300/400's over the head leaning MD80's, for which you guys have oh so many of. ;)

7. US Airways has some of the best employees out there. You see, we have had years of the crap you guys have just put up with for the last 3. We have learned that you can love your job and hate your employer. We may mouth off over on the U boards, but 9/10 step to the plate and do a hell of a job. I am always amazed how well we do considering..so anyone who hires or merges in a formal U employee will be lucky. B)

8. The thought or rumor of a merger with AA gets a resounding NO NO NO !!!
You guys are passionate about your staple to the bottom policy and we are passionate about our DOH policy. Frankly, I could deal with my pay and vacation merged DOH and take a hit on bidding. The problem is that, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, it seems that when TWA/AA merged, the TWA f/a's kept bidding senority if they stayed in their original TWA base. Is this right? Ok, if so, this is where I get nervous with AA. It wasn't long before AA closed the TWA JFK base, leaving only the AA base, forcing the TWA f/a's to either go to the bottom in JFK (IF there were even any opennings) or go to STL. AGAIN, correct me if this didn't happen. If it DID, then that was dirty. But, such is life.

I do not think it productive to wish the loss of other people's jobs. We have turned into such a callous society. Just like we have turned a blind eye to thousands of Iraqi civilian loses abroad. (I mean they are just those heathen muslims......sarcasm), we seem to forget that behind those loses are REAL lives...families who are put in turmoil with the changes, relationships that crumble under the pressure. We at US have roughly 28,000 employees. Those are people, NOT payroll numbers. JFK777, how can you be so callous? If you have gone through this with another carrier, then you should know better. If not, please remember, again, you guys aren't out of the woods. I ALWAYS thought AA and UAL were very strong, but as we see today, the stability of a company can change on a dime. Be careful of what you say. You might be in the same position someday. God knows, I NEVER thought this would happen to our friends at UAL.

I have friends who work at AA and we disagree with merger related isuues, but I would NEVER EVER wish ill of AA. I would think most at AA would feel the same. <_<

No need to worry firstadmendment . . . . . a combination of U and AA would be about the dumbest thing I can think of. It would do neither company any good and would not change any of the problems U has now . . . . . i.e. cutthroat competition in the east with JB and SW, demoralized workforce, etc, etc, etc. All it would do is lengthen U demise and hasten AA's. After the TWA disaster, I think even AA management has learned it's lesson.

Winglet said:
No need to worry firstadmendment . . . . . a combination of U and AA would be about the dumbest thing I can think of. It would do neither company any good and would not change any of the problems U has now . . . . . i.e. cutthroat competition in the east with JB and SW, demoralized workforce, etc, etc, etc. All it would do is lengthen U demise and hasten AA's. After the TWA disaster, I think even AA management has learned it's lesson.
[post="228354"][/post]​

One would think.

firstamendment,

What an EXCELLENT and very astute post! You see AA much clearer than many who work here.

Take care and good luck to you at US,

Coop

Having heard several members of AA's upper management discuss U, their situation and their competitve position I can say with 99.9% certainty that AA has no desire to merge with U. For that matter, AA doesn't want to merge with anyone and if and when it starts to grow again it will be with internal growth.

A friend of mine who works for DHL Cargo over at Love Field, whom lease's space from AA at DAL, said that AA corporate real estate has been spending a lot of time over at DAL, looking over it's facilities. I wonder if something is starting to brew over at Love again.

firstamendment said:
It wasn't long before AA closed the TWA JFK base, leaving only the AA base, forcing the TWA f/a's to either go to the bottom in JFK (IF there were even any opennings) or go to STL. AGAIN, correct me if this didn't happen. If it DID, then that was dirty. But, such is life.
[post="228342"][/post]​
Very good post. But one minor correction: TWA FA's in NY did not have the choice of staying at JFK and going to the bottom. Since our aircraft and crews did not mix, our only choice was go to STL and commute or take a furlough. AA had no FA base in STL, so we were bidding against each other with our original seniority numbers.

It's true that the "agreement" between AA and APFA let us keep our TWA seniority as long as we remained in STL. The problem is, the base is so small now that it's a question how many of us will be able to get back in.

MK

kirkpatrick said:
Very good post. But one minor correction: TWA FA's in NY did not have the choice of staying at JFK and going to the bottom. Since our aircraft and crews did not mix, our only choice was go to STL and commute or take a furlough. AA had no FA base in STL, so we were bidding against each other with our original seniority numbers.

It's true that the "agreement" between AA and APFA let us keep our TWA seniority as long as we remained in STL. The problem is, the base is so small now that it's a question how many of us will be able to get back in.

MK
[post="228418"][/post]​

Thanks MK, I knew I was close to the bullseye.

Firstamendment,

I'm pro AA and what is good for AA is good for the industry, At least one airline has to go, Ua, DAL, and AA are too big, employ too many people in too many states. USair doesn't. ITs only big in North Carolina and Pennsylvania. AA is big in Texas, Illinois, Missouri, New York, Florida & California. UA is Illinois, California and Colorado. Delta has Ohio, Georgia, and New York. I guess if you aren't big in 3 states you get the shaft. Usairways was better off going to UA at $60/share, remember that deal. Only if Democratic Washington had listened under the Clinton regime.

Back