F/a Overlage In Winter

okoge1027

Nov 6, 2004
I've heard from my best friend in JFK that an overlage of f/a's will occur for the winter and if they can't get enough people to take overlage leave or partnership flying then, there might be furloughing f/a's again. Has anyone heard anything about it?

okoge1027 said:
I've heard from my best friend in JFK that an overlage of f/a's will occur for the winter and if they can't get enough people to take overlage leave or partnership flying then, there might be furloughing f/a's again. Has anyone heard anything about it?
[post="280569"][/post]​

This was mentioned at the DFW Forum meeting held last month. The subject of recalls came up with our obviously tight summer staffing, and their response was that the fall pull down in the schedule will result in an overage, so they do not want to recall anyone since they will not have a need for them come fall.

s80dude said:
This was mentioned at the DFW Forum meeting held last month.  The subject of recalls came up with our obviously tight summer staffing, and their response was that the fall pull down in the schedule will result in an overage, so they do not want to recall anyone since they will not have a need for them come fall.
[post="280592"][/post]​

And you believe them?

The airlines used to hire for the Summer and lay off in the Winter every year.

Back