60 more pilots to be recalled?

And you're correct, the 190's don't count toward the minimum fleet count (again, at this point in time).

Come on Jim, let's not pretend here, you know full well that the company is going to seek scope relief on that point and attempt to replace 737s with E190s. :down:

Of course, who knows whether they'll be successful or not. I would certainly hope not, but AAA ALPA's track record is hardly inspiring. :shock:

You're correct that the 190's will go on the AAA certificate, however per the Transition Agreement west pilots are entitled a share of that flying. That means west pilots will be bridge-trained to the AAA certificate. Details TBD.

That would work. If they do that, I wonder if they will then use the furloughed pilots to backfill the vacancies created on AWA equipment. And if they do that, then they will have to train those pilots on the west certificate. No matter what happens, there will be a huge training float created...

You're correct that the 190's will go on the AAA certificate, however per the Transition Agreement west pilots are entitled a share of that flying. That means west pilots will be bridge-trained to the AAA certificate. Details TBD.

LOL.. top of scale is $50 per hour. I bet the line of pilots will be long.

LOL.. top of scale is $50 per hour. I bet the line of pilots will be long.

Actually it would be the junior FO's at AWA that would bid the CA position of the 190. They would make about 20.00 more per hour and get out of the right seat. It's complex to try and figure out who would go since there are pilots at every pay scale in terms of years of service. Every pilot on the East is at top of scale. A 2nd year FO at AWA makes 59.62 per hour. 2nd year CA pay on the 190 is 80.36. The gap at top of scale is a lot less, but the CA pay on the 190 is still a little better...

While I realize that more planes can leave, do we know what the minimum number of planes that are required? I understand that since we are out of BK, there is a min fleet in place and the 190's don't count towards that number. Exactly how many planes can go away before we hit that min number??
The US Airways and America West collective bargaining agreements with ALPA will be modified to allow for a combined maximum of ninety-three (93) CRJ-900, or other aircraft within the seating and maximum take-off weight limits specified in Paragraph B above, to be operated in revenue service at any given time at Express Carriers except that for every two (2) aircraft in excess of the combined 360 aircraft (excluding EMB 190 aircraft) operated at both US Airways and America West, that are added to revenue service in the mainline fleet, the Company may allow three (3) additional CRJ-900, or other aircraft within the seating and maximum take-off weight limits specified in Paragraph B above, to be operated in revenue service at Express carriers.

That's discussing the number of 90 seaters allowed to fly at the regional level. For the min fleet number you have to look at a different section of the transition agreement. Like Jim stated, there's a baseline set, then a new one set at 1 yr after escape of BK minus 10%....

B) During the first year following the consummation of the Merger
Agreement, America West and US Airways will each maintain not
less than 80% of the number of aircraft (excluding SJs as defined
in the US Airways agreement as amended by this Letter of
Agreement) listed by month for that airline in Attachment B.

c) For US Airways, the number of minimum aircraft will be established
one year after the consummation of the Merger Agreement at the lesser of 279 total aircraft (excluding SJs), or the number of total aircraft then operated by US Airways (excluding SJs) less ten percent (10%), rounded to the nearest aircraft, with the daily utilization rate measured monthly as the average daily utilization rate for the prior twelve months less ten percent (10%).

d) For America West, the number of minimum aircraft will be established one year after the consummation of the Merger Agreement at the lesser of 140 total aircraft (excluding SJs), or the number of total aircraft then operated by America West (excluding SJs) less ten percent (10%), rounded to the nearest aircraft, with the daily utilization rate measured monthly as the average daily utilization rate for the prior twelve months less ten percent (10%).

Back