Possible Merger With Aa

AA will be a player ...... as bad as getting involved with U could be ...... letting UAL or a LCC cheaply end up with U or most of her assets would be far worse in the long run.

If nothing else AA will make sure no one gets those slots for little or nothing .... they will bid them up . Time will tell ... lol lol.

deltawatch said:
If nothing else AA will make sure no one gets those slots for little or nothing .... they will bid them up . Time will tell ... lol lol.
[post="228068"][/post]​
any one else wonder why airtran backed off from buying ata's assets at midway? Could it be that they want to save cash for when UsAirways goes under? Perhaps they think that some of our assets or market share is more valuable than stuff at Midway....Just a thought

okoge1027 said:
AA will be making a big announcement in Feb, 2005....merge with you guys...
[post="227896"][/post]​
You just got your letters mixed up. It's AR not AA. Alabubba Regional Airlines will purchase U, fire any employees that are left and out source all the maintenance to Mobile. You can quote me...

There has been a rumor floating around for months at PSA that Aa is looking for more regional lift and is interested in buying PSA. This rumor doesn't seem too far fetched because PSA has to be the lowest cost RJ operator in the country. Also, folks from Virgin America have been spotted at our corprate headquarters and the hanger in DAY.

Bluestreak said:
There has been a rumor floating around for months at PSA that Aa is looking for more regional lift and is interested in buying PSA. This rumor doesn't seem too far fetched because PSA has to be the lowest cost RJ operator in the country. Also, folks from Virgin America have been spotted at our corprate headquarters and the hanger in DAY.
[post="228123"][/post]​

As contracted now, scope issues would interfere with prevent something like that. I'm also sure that the Eagle employees would be against such a move. Morale at Eagle is already in the cesspool. Eagle pilots are getting displaced and downgraded by the huge numbers of AA furloughed pilots flowing back to Eagle. Also, look for Eagle to furlough more FOs as the cr*p runs downhill.

If AMR wants to even further alienate the rank and file, this would be a good way to do it.

The rumor popular now is that Virgin was talking with AMR management about taking over domestic operations. Seems Virgin is everywhere, huh.

goodstew said:
any one else wonder why airtran backed off from buying ata's assets at midway? Could it be that they want to save cash for when UsAirways goes under? Perhaps they think that some of our assets or market share is more valuable than stuff at Midway....Just a thought

That was actually AWA that backed off the ATA bidding. Airtran is still involved. Hopefully the AWA mgmt. has now been cured of any merger mania. You would think that AA has already gone through one train wreck with the TWA merger. Why chance another?

okoge1027 said:
I'm an AA f/a based in LAX-I. My best friend in JFK said that he heard it from a reliable source that supposedly, AA will be making a big announcement in Feb, 2005. He thinks that we'll merge with you guys to prevent you guys from going under. Has anyone heard anything about it?
[post="227896"][/post]​

Have you seen the movie Jack_ss? Well, Arpey buying USAirawys would make some of the stunts in that movie pale by comparison.

Absolutely NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!! Again, NO NO NO NO NO!! The American way of stapling to the bottom after merging or buying out is a strong arguement that 99%, if not 100% of them agree on. You get bought, you go to the bottom. All the protections in the world will not change them and we at U WOULD go on the bottom.

As far as dying airlines, AA isn't exactly out of the woods. It amazes me that someone from another airline, inparticulary AA, would throw stones at US by saying we should just go broke. Will, how much money has AA made since they dodged bankruptcy? How much have they loss?

I love how people have ruled us out. I guess we know a few AA stews that won't be in DC on the 14th in support of AFA. <_<

okoge1027 said:
I'm an AA f/a based in LAX-I. My best friend in JFK said that he heard it from a reliable source that supposedly, AA will be making a big announcement in Feb, 2005. He thinks that we'll merge with you guys to prevent you guys from going under. Has anyone heard anything about it?
[post="227896"][/post]​

I thought A320 was based at LGA?

Back