Aa's Big Announcement On Feb, 2005

You wanna laugh? As if the company is not bad enough about running us from leg to leg across a 1 mile long terminal in Miami. I had a (insert your own expletive here) pilot write me up because I had the nerve to eat my food during his briefing. He was really pissed though because when I sent the dinner up to them he went off on the lack of food on the tray. Large salad, entree, dessert and bread. My comment to him was "you do not want to take on this conversation with me. I do not get anything to eat, I am not the person to complain too."

Turns out I have an attitude. His concern for our passengers in writing me up, was truly admirable. He didn't great a single customer during boarding and on arrival only saw the person he stepped in front of to get off and get to the employee bus or the commuter trip.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Its not the customer that makes this job a pain. Its our fellow employees. What a shame.

FA Mikey said:
You wanna laugh? As if the company is not bad enough about running us from leg to leg across a 1 mile long terminal in Miami. I had a (insert your own expletive here) pilot write me up because I had the nerve to eat my food during his briefing. He was really pissed though because when I sent the dinner up to them he went off on the lack of food on the tray. Large salad, entree, dessert and bread. My comment to him was "you do not want to take on this conversation with me. I do not get anything to eat, I am not the person to complain too."

Turns out I have an attitude. His concern for our passengers in writing me up, was truly admirable. He didn't great a single customer during boarding and on arrival only saw the person he stepped in front of to get off and get to the employee bus or the commuter trip.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Its not the customer that makes this job a pain. Its our fellow employees. What a shame.
[post="229201"][/post]​

Is it a AA rule you do not disrespect the Captain by eating while the briefing is going on? Sounds like he is more than a bit sensitive about his image....

I suspect the BIG announcment will be the sale or spin-off of American Eagle.

Take alook at the AA class II station reductions, and watch at the RJ's enter those markets in preparation for the spin-off.

FA Mikey said:

[post="229201"][/post]​

:down: to Capt A-hole.

Nobody should have to take this sort of abuse.

And nobody should have ever proposed, nor any union accepted, a giveback of the crew meals. Never. It was only worth a few million each year.

I've posted it before, and I'll post it again. The giveback of crew meals is the single biggest wedge between F/J customers and the FAs in many years. Being a non-small person who really likes premium class airline meals, I was frequently offered seconds or thirds before the concessions. Especially on the late departures JFK-LHR when everyone else just wants to sleep. Since last May (coinciding with the ridiculous meal givebacks), only about three times.

"There aren't any extras" is what I usually hear. Uh-huh. Even though half the F cabin turned down the meal. Uh-huh. Yep. Sure. B)

Decision 2004 said:

Take alook at the AA class II station reductions, and watch at the RJ's enter those markets in preparation for the spin-off.
[post="229215"][/post]​
[/quote

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

edited, I'll give you "one GIANT thumbs up" on that prognostication !!!

Delta's CEO said today he would have to consider spinning off Comair and ASA.

Delta and American are the only large legacy two airlines with wholly owned regionals. (Alaska might want to consider it also). Spinning off regional airlines would go a heck of a long way to turning around the balance sheet - and to providing the cash necessary to facilitate consolidation of the industry.

FWAAA said:
:down: to Capt A-hole.

Nobody should have to take this sort of abuse.

And nobody should have ever proposed, nor any union accepted, a giveback of the crew meals. Never. It was only worth a few million each year.

I've posted it before, and I'll post it again. The giveback of crew meals is the single biggest wedge between F/J customers and the FAs in many years. Being a non-small person who really likes premium class airline meals, I was frequently offered seconds or thirds before the concessions. Especially on the late departures JFK-LHR when everyone else just wants to sleep. Since last May (coinciding with the ridiculous meal givebacks), only about three times.

"There aren't any extras" is what I usually hear. Uh-huh. Even though half the F cabin turned down the meal. Uh-huh. Yep. Sure. B)
[post="229226"][/post]​

Got Nuthin!! :p

TheLazarusman said:
I think it would be great if AMR's interest in a buyout of US was valid and sincere.
I have no desire to take any job away from any deserving nAAtive employee. As for starting at the bottom of the pay scale and seniority list I disagree. When Piedmont Airlines "merged" (yeah, sure we did) with USAir we were only given credit for half our seniority. That's why we now have a hire date and a classification date at USAirways.
[post="228034"][/post]​

The only reason I can think of for AA to purchase US Airways now, is to lock in the assets it wants without getting into a bidding war with other carriers.

If this happens, the question isn't whether U employees will go to the bottom of the seniority list or not, of course they will. Look no further than the TWA purchase for the road map as to what the AA unions will do. My question is, does that mean that the U employees would be furloughed to make room for our current TWAA'ers on furlough? Maybe AA would initially allow a "fence" around U employee bases to get the deal past regulators, but once it was done, you can bet those bases will close.

Actually, if AA were to do this, they would probably purchase the assets without the employees.

WorldTraveler said:
Delta's CEO said today he would have to consider spinning off Comair and ASA.

Delta and American are the only large legacy two airlines with wholly owned regionals. (Alaska might want to consider it also). Spinning off regional airlines would go a heck of a long way to turning around the balance sheet - and to providing the cash necessary to facilitate consolidation of the industry.
[post="229249"][/post]​
Correction: PSA and Piedmont are owned by US Airways.

firstamendment said:
Correction: PSA and Piedmont are owned by US Airways.
[post="229346"][/post]​

Usairways is not a large legacy airline and psa is small and piedmont flys old equipment that have no value.

cybercat said:
The latest rumour?

AA is qoing to rescind the TWA purchase and reconstitute the airline.
:lol: :D
[post="229472"][/post]​
I don't know who would be happier. Ex TWAers or nAAtive AAers :D

Decision 2004 said:

[post="229215"][/post]​

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"D" (ecision) 2004,

As far as level II stations going Eagle is concerned, I can only speak about BDL.
BDL fly's an A-300(possibly now a 57), and the thing is a Gold mine.
I believe PHL fly's a SJU trip also.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless AA "tanked" these profitable trips(NOT THAT HDQ IS'NT INCAPABLE OF DOING THINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE), A/e emplyees could'nt work these trips.

NH/BB's

dash8roa said:
Usairways is not a large legacy airline and psa is small and piedmont flys old equipment that have no value.
[post="229361"][/post]​
The quote said nothing of value, fleet age, or size of subsidararies. Sorry, not a large one, but STILL considered a "legacy" carrier. ;)

Back