ABC's Path to 9/11

Read and Think indeed! Woohoo!

You know, cut n' paste genius like yours is truly amazing!
I thought this moronic rant had the stench of brainless b.s. about it, it took me all of 30 seconds to google this up:

http://www.hamline.edu/law/professors/joseph_olson.html

Professor Olson teaches Business Associations, Business Planning, Contracts, Corporate Finance, and taxation courses.

DISCLAIMER: There is an e-mail floating around the internet dealing with the 2000 Bush/Gore election, remarks of a Scotish philosopher named Alexander Tyler, etc. Part of it is attributed to me. It is entirely BOGUS as to my authorship. I've been trying to kill it for 3 years. For details see:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/tyler.asp.

BUSTED!

You are the perfect example of someone who mindlessly regurgitates horse hockey, when it only takes minutes to find the truth! Of course, I know truth is such an inconvenient thing for the kind of hair-on-fire conservatives who like to "create their own reality". :shock:

And the real kicker is, Hamline has a LIBERAL ARTS school that offers a master's in LIBERAL studies. Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day. :up:

Basic research: Learn it, Live it, Love it, and maybe you won't make such an ass of yourself in the future. :lol:

Regardless of your google search, the hard facts of the claims remain fact! :up:

Bagstacker,
You're missing the point of the post.
Regardless of the number discrepancy of the crime rate claims from Snopes, the fact remains that the Gore counties are more violent and government dependant. Go ahead and look that up as well.

Disbanding the military group assigned to find capture or kill bin laden and GWB quote "I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him." VS his dead or alive speech.
They are not legitimate, We created the terror in Iraq. GWB and DC now have to admit lying to the world, why we attacked them.

Which means what you advocate trying to occupy those countries as well?
If you are waiting for an elected government to be in charge and capable of running Iraq. We will be there forever. The only person in modern times who has controlled that region has been Sadam. There is a civil war going on and I am sick of seeing our military as target practice and my and the next few generations futures mortgaged on this failed policy of vindicating someone's daddy.

Deliver what? We caused the mess. Our allies, count them one hand these days. Our enemies, please enemy number 1 bin laden, GWB cannot be the least bit concerned with. There is a great message to the people who wish death and destruction to America.

Sounds like that sound policy for Vietnam.
But we are waiting to be attacked. At least the brave men and woman who make up the military are. Iraq was not an enemy, we attacked them. We created the insurgency, and the environment of hate that people like bin laden and his ilk use to recruit more radicals.

I mean fighting among themselves and those who occupy there lands. We are the infidel, we are the occupiers and the ones who are trying to convert them to a democracy that just is not going to happen in this year or a hundred from now.

He needs an enemy to rally his neocons against just like GWB needs radical Islamism for him. Every chance he gets to trash and belittle any other country. Axis of evil, we should add ourselves to the list.

Past leaders have shown that talking and bringing to the table leaders VS. belittling them works wonders and has created more stability with less of a toll in human lives and $$$.

The UN has been very effective in its mission. It offers a voice to all countries and has brought together leaders who would have never gotten together otherwise. It puts things on a grand and open stage, It played a great role during the cold war and even during the Cuban missile crisis. It cannot stop wars from happening, nothing and no one can. But it serves a purpose.

Mikey, thanks for the sincere and honest dialogue, though you and I totally disagree on the subject matter it was a refreshing twist to exchange views without the usual vitriolic criticism and mud slinging that usually occurs between Liberals and Conservatives.

we will just have to agree to disagree, best of luck!

Regards, Local 12

Mikey, thanks for the sincere and honest dialogue, though you and I totally disagree on the subject matter it was a refreshing twist to exchange views without the usual vitriolic criticism and mud slinging that usually occurs between Liberals and Conservatives.

we will just have to agree to disagree, best of luck!

Regards, Local 12

I think Mikey would be a good speech writer for the Democratic nominee for president. He could incorporate a lot of what he said in his post here. It kinda gives you that warm fuzzy feeling of reassurance knowing the likes of Coffee Cup Annon has got our six.

I'm with Local 12 on this

good luck

Bagstacker,
You're missing the point of the post.
Regardless of the number discrepancy of the crime rate claims from Snopes, the fact remains that the Gore counties are more violent and government dependant. Go ahead and look that up as well.
Oh, I get the point, facts mean nothing to you, only your point of view. Why on earth would you expect anyone to take you seriously after you have shown that you won't do even basic fact-checking?
NEXT!

We must go after those who wish to do us harm and take the fight to them, or we can pullback as many posters here have advocated and wait for the next 9/11.
I agreed wholeheartedly with that, but five years later, bin Laden is walking around as free as you and me, and for some reason SADDAM HUSSEIN is the one on trial. Why'd we lose our focus?

I agreed wholeheartedly with that, but five years later, bin Laden is walking around as free as you and me, and for some reason SADDAM HUSSEIN is the one on trial. Why'd we lose our focus?

One down, One to go! :up:

Hey KC, the coward may not be dead but he is running for his life, hiding in caves like a hunted animal who has no escape. His day will come and when it does all we will hear from the left is "we missed him in Tora Bora" .."we failed".."this war can't be won".. "we're in a qaugmire"...Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa!

Leave the war to the real Men and they will protect your cowardly arse!

Are you saying Saddam wasn't a thug and doesn't deserve to be on trial?

And while OBL may not be in captivity, a life on the run or in hiding is hardly what I would consider free.

Are you saying Saddam wasn't a thug and doesn't deserve to be on trial?

And while OBL may not be in captivity, a life on the run or in hiding is hardly what I would consider free.
I'm saying that I was behind going after the person or group who did what they did to us on 9/11. Saddam, as nasty as guy as he was...DIDN'T go after us on 9/11. And the group and it's leader who DID do it to us are still out there...recruiting in their new "territory" of Iraq.

Saddam was a pretty nasty guy...but he was kind of helping us by keeping Iran occupied. And he wasn't helping Osama or his band of thugs. And to just totally "cut and run" from Afghanistan and focus instead on a ruler and a country who had nothing to do with an attack on America was one BIG mistake.

Latest posts