Additional 767's

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Is it possible that US can acquire some of DL's 767's that they are parking as a gap till they can get new a/c? They may be not the ER 200's, but a regular 767 could handle everything they serve now except Rome. Also could use them PHL-PHX, CLT-PHX instead of using 2 planes at a time.

Is it possible that US can acquire some of DL's 767's that they are parking as a gap till they can get new a/c? They may be not the ER 200's, but a regular 767 could handle everything they serve now except Rome. Also could use them PHL-PHX, CLT-PHX instead of using 2 planes at a time.

Joe if the DAL 767's are different engine type's like the P&W which I am not sure what they are using as power. US will not touch them. This would call for more parts to be on hand more training to service them mechanically. Also the cabin configurations would not be the same and would need changing. The Weight and Balance's would have to be set up in the ops engineering books and then get the blessing of the Feds. I agree with you since the loss of N654US and the return of N647US to leasing. We are in need of more heavy metal to run the routes.

Why Delta's 767's?

There have been 767's (of all sorts of configurations and models) parked and mothballed since 9-11-01.

Just because Delta is adding to the desert fleet doesn't mean CCYW will take opportunities (or even SEE opportunities) that have been there for years now.

Is it true that the Washington Metro is planning a Tempe stop?

I would think that you would need the ER's to make the trip accross the pond. All of the ones the US has are ER's, aren't they?

Joe if the DAL 767's are different engine type's like the P&W which I am not sure what they are using as power. US will not touch them. This would call for more parts to be on hand more training to service them mechanically. Also the cabin configurations would not be the same and would need changing. The Weight and Balance's would have to be set up in the ops engineering books and then get the blessing of the Feds. I agree with you since the loss of N654US and the return of N647US to leasing. We are in need of more heavy metal to run the routes.
Well, you need to remember one thing. This is the New US. HP management etc. At AWA there is not any particular aircraft configuration standard across any of the fleets. The 757's have 2 configs, the Eastern config, and the Republic (RC) config. The airbus fleet has several galley types. The original 16 PA/BN. Several leasing company configs, and the new delivery configs that are HP.

The 737 has had so many different congfigurations that the F/A IOM says to look on a/c left first then behind the last row of seats then in the aft closet.

The US 737-300's that we had for 6 years never did get an HP galley in the back, and it took 5 years to take out the F/C closet and change the fwd galleys. The seat counts went from 124 to 132.

They just don't spend money on common configurations. Extremely agrivating. You quickly learn tail numbers and which ones you hate.

Holy smokes when PIA bought 10 Delta 72-200's ---took INT long time to get them ready for the line---they were worn out ! You can bet the big D is using these things as a flying parts bind.

Holy smokes when PIA bought 10 Delta 72-200's ---took INT long time to get them ready for the line---they were worn out ! You can bet the big D is using these things as a flying parts bind.

They were known as the Delta Death Cruiseres by the mechanics. :p

All of the former DL birds were the oldest in the Fleet, as they came from NE in the Merger. I know that one of them
being N1639, was the first 727-200 built. US Air also had the last 727-200 Pgsr. version built, as the last one was a Cargo version delivered to FedEx.

I remember the first PI 727-200's came from PSA when they retired that fleet. The airplanes were flawless and exceptionally well maintained. I think the mechanics in INT were humbled when they saw wheel wells so clean that one could perform surgery in them. The Delta -200's were real pig sties.

I remember the first PI 727-200's came from PSA when they retired that fleet. The airplanes were flawless and exceptionally well maintained. I think the mechanics in INT were humbled when they saw wheel wells so clean that one could perform surgery in them. The Delta -200's were real pig sties.
I flew on those...Loved the fact that PI didn't remove the PSA logo from the window shades.

I also remember a USAir 727 that got a new rudder in 1989. The rudder was painted in the "new USAir" colors (blue with red stripes), but the rest of the plane was the old USAir "three reds"...including the tail. That was a pretty one!