Europe 2006

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Is HP's 757's gonna run the Ireland routes next year? If so that would free up a 767 for a new European destination. I hope they would do that, it would benefit US alot since their Europe flights are moneymakers.

Another way to free up another 767 is to get LH to fly the MUC-PHL route and that could be another free plane available. Or either can use that 767 between PHX-HNL which would be more comfortable.

Is HP's 757's gonna run the Ireland routes next year? If so that would free up a 767 for a new European destination. I hope they would do that, it would benefit US alot since their Europe flights are moneymakers.

Another way to free up another 767 is to get LH to fly the MUC-PHL route and that could be another free plane available. Or either can use that 767 between PHX-HNL which would be more comfortable.

The company has stated that our 757's don't have the range and we only have 3 that are etops as of now and 1 in mod and they will all be nedded for the Hawaii flights.

it would benefit US alot since their Europe flights are moneymakers.

Another way to free up another 767 is to get LH to fly the MUC-PHL route and that could be another free plane available.

US isn't making any money if LH is flying the route.

The company has stated that our 757's don't have the range and we only have 3 that are etops as of now and 1 in mod and they will all be nedded for the Hawaii flights.

The 757s certainly do have the range for PHL-Ireland, at least. PHL-SNN is 2759 nm, against 2589 nm for PHX-LIH.

Whether they'll have spare birds available, that I can't say.

US isn't making any money if LH is flying the route.
The 757s certainly do have the range for PHL-Ireland, at least. PHL-SNN is 2759 nm, against 2589 nm for PHX-LIH.

Whether they'll have spare birds available, that I can't say.

Probably no availability of a/c for Ireland until single certificate status. US West will qualify 10 a/c at last count and keep in mind, flights on those 757s will cover, PHX AND LAS to Honolulu, Maui, Kona and Kaui. A fuller schedule will fall into place in early spring.

We would have heard about any changes or new destinations to the summer 06 Europe schedule by now. Many airports, LGW for example, have a slot lottery in the fall for the following spring. Any applications for new destinations would also have been submitted to the DOT by now.

Rumors of ATA 757-200 ER in the works at US.
Seems Boeing bailed on the 757 to soon IMHO. What Airbus compeats ? Not the 320 and the 321 is underpowered and outranged.
Boeings answer is the 737-900 ER I think
But the costs of american metal could be offset if orders placed soon.

Hell were gonna be all Airbus at USAirways by 2010.

Why fight it. Reliablitiy issues seem to get skewd when your the largest Airbus fleet in the world. I.E Engineering support, parts support, flight training, hell any OEM support is limited when you go to the other side.

I guess all of us in maintenance and flight opps should or should have allready realized this fact. A proven buisness plan at SWA of a all Boeing fleet works. Why not an all Airbus fleet?? Join the team.. Go Airbus...

If HP were to run the Ireland routes next year, maybe an announcement should have been made already or at least by the end of December. Since union agreements have been made for HP crew to do 1 europe run. I can see them using 1 HP aircraft PHL-SNN and 767 for PHL-DUB or both SNN/DUB 767 for summer and HP 757 in the winter..

If HP were to run the Ireland routes next year, maybe an announcement should have been made already or at least by the end of December. Since union agreements have been made for HP crew to do 1 europe run. I can see them using 1 HP aircraft PHL-SNN and 767 for PHL-DUB or both SNN/DUB 767 for summer and HP 757 in the winter..

Probably no availability of a/c for Ireland until single certificate status. US West will qualify 10 a/c at last count and keep in mind, flights on those 757s will cover, PHX AND LAS to Honolulu, Maui, Kona and Kaui. A fuller schedule will fall into place in early spring.

They'll have in the spring:
2x PHX-HNL
1x PHX-OGG
1x LAS-OGG
4w PHX-LIH
3w PHX-KOA

That's 5 birds. They certainly don't need 5 more for spares and maintenance. A more reasonable 3 for maintenance + spares would leave 2 birds for Europe, exactly what the pilots contract says they're allowed to operate.

Whether they will do it or not, I couldn't tell you. But they can if they want to.

Is it possible for the 767s to fly Hawaii at this point?

Were the 767s the ones with the ETOPS problems that got knocked down to ETOPS 120 for a while? Are they back up to ETOPS 180 now? You don't really need it for Europe, but I think you do for Hawaii.

They'll have in the spring:
2x PHX-HNL
1x PHX-OGG
1x LAS-OGG
4w PHX-LIH
3w PHX-KOA

That's 5 birds. They certainly don't need 5 more for spares and maintenance. A more reasonable 3 for maintenance + spares would leave 2 birds for Europe, exactly what the pilots contract says they're allowed to operate.

Whether they will do it or not, I couldn't tell you. But they can if they want to.
Were the 767s the ones with the ETOPS problems that got knocked down to ETOPS 120 for a while? Are they back up to ETOPS 180 now? You don't really need it for Europe, but I think you do for Hawaii.

The 767s are back to 120 minutes. Have been since the summer.