Aeroman MRO San Salvador

AAviator

Veteran
Nov 12, 2002
http://www.aeroman.com.sv/en-company.jsp?idCat=6

Obviously they're expecting some growth. I hope none of it has red white and blue stripes down the side..

Hoping for the best in all of this for all concerned.

http://www.aeroman.com.sv/en-company.jsp?idCat=6

Obviously they're expecting some growth. I hope none of it has red white and blue stripes down the side..

Hoping for the best in all of this for all concerned.

A320 and 737 lines. Sounds coincidental to me.
It should be called

AAeroman in sAAn sAAlvAAdor.

If I were a good TWU union member I would take advantage of all of the synergies I pay for and have this facility checked out. Have the union inquire now as to the companies intent. Is outsourcing our maintenance one of the options we will eventually get to vote on? If you do a quick comparasion of Aeroman and the AA MRO, they perform similar work.

AA MRO

Canadian group...

http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Montreal+Aveos+Group+expands+hangars+Salvador/5430331/story.html

AA has 77 738s that were delivered between early 1999 and 2002, and some of them probably have their second heavy C check coming up soon. The newest batch still have some time before their first heavy C check.

Doesn't B6 send their A320s to Aeroman in SAL? Plus, I'm pretty sure WN sends some of its 73Gs there.

When you pay $5/hr and $2/hr, business is brisk.

There has been several attempts to tour this facility and they have refused... It also has been filmed from a aircraft,the only access.
They have a few video's on you tube,it's clearly not a safe place to work...No fall protection etc.. What do you expect from third world maint it's cheap and there is a reason why. No regulation no oversight...well mabe a little.. If the FAA can do a phone audit..I was reading they are now doing phone audits.What in sam hell is that?

It appears Aeroman may be in contention for AA's narrowbody work considering their expansion and the 737 managers recent fears that our airframe work may be in jeopardy (line, hold down the applause). From what I've seen they appear to be the real deal, a young energetic workforce eager to make above median wages, less restrictive safety standards, and a strict work environment with no union interference. You can bet they are all held accountable.

It appears Aeroman may be in contention for AA's narrowbody work considering their expansion and the 737 managers recent fears that our airframe work may be in jeopardy (line, hold down the applause). From what I've seen they appear to be the real deal, a young energetic workforce eager to make above median wages, less restrictive safety

standards, and a strict work environment with no union interference. You can bet they are all held accountable.

Horton and the FAA says so, it must be true.

It appears Aeroman may be in contention for AA's narrowbody work considering their expansion and the 737 managers recent fears that our airframe work may be in jeopardy (line, hold down the applause). From what I've seen they appear to be the real deal, a young energetic workforce eager to make above median wages, less restrictive safety standards, and a strict work environment with no union interference. You can bet they are all held accountable.
The 737 group will be informed as to the result of their "bid", to keep the work in house around this coming Monday. No matter how much the line wants it farmed out. I was told today that there is a very good chance that the company will accept the bid. The "request for information" was sent out to the MRO's, which will inform the company of the capabilities of those MRO's.

Back