East AFA MECP running for International President

:lol: Sorry I have always been a hands on person and the Political side was not my thing. However this rade by MF is so incredible. I love change but let's do it with caution. I can not forget the old addage the grass is not greener look closely it is a spray paint.

As I recall just a few short yrs ago, it was Teddy coming out and saying this restructing agree stinks. PIT being the only base that agreed and voted overwhelmingly NO. However, the other bases are larger and carried the vote that put this contract into play. The union representatives cannot carry all the blame for the f/a's working under this contract. The union is its members and the members voted and now we all live with the consequences. Thankfully, we have a merged agreement that is being negoitated that will give us an opportunity for improvement prior to 2011.
All know is that my local union reps at the time, not sure if it was Hearn or Flores, and our neg. committee told us down her how good this would be, especially for rsv's. All it has been, is one big circle jerk for rsv's. Things will be different next time, at least in CLT. More poeple, BH and RSV's are really fed up with our reps also. You hear more and more about the displeasure on trips. If we can't trust our reps and committe, we are freakin lost. If MF ran again in CLT, he would lose.

All know is that my local union reps at the time, not sure if it was Hearn or Flores, and our neg. committee told us down her how good this would be, especially for rsv's. All it has been, is one big circle jerk for rsv's. Things will be different next time, at least in CLT. More poeple, BH and RSV's are really fed up with our reps also. You hear more and more about the displeasure on trips. If we can't trust our reps and committe, we are freakin lost. If MF ran again in CLT, he would lose.
All anyone would of had to of done was open the agreement and read it, I didn't get past page 5 an I voted NO. I didn't need to read the rest of it. I figured it out all by myself that it sucked, I didn't need anyone to tell me it was going to be good or bad.

If you can't trust your reps then you need to elect new representation. The reps do not make up your union. The membership is your union, without a strong membership, you have a very weak union.

All anyone would of had to of done was open the agreement and read it, I didn't get past page 5 an I voted NO. I didn't need to read the rest of it. I figured it out all by myself that it sucked, I didn't need anyone to tell me it was going to be good or bad.

If you can't trust your reps then you need to elect new representation. The reps do not make up your union. The membership is your union, without a strong membership, you have a very weak union.
I agree, I voted no as well. All three times. :lol: The idea of a "trade board" that would allow RSVs to make time on their "off days" just stunk to me. Who knew that it would turn out that RSVs were forced to accept working days off to make a halfway decent living. Sick.
Even that has largely been taken away. Sicker.

In defense of 109UW, I think he/she implies that the road shows sold the idea of the RSV system with the idea of Pref Bidding. With union brass shouting about how beneficial this would be, a lot of people were persuaded.... Sickest.... :down: Suddenly, Pref Bid became too costly to implement. Too bad the company never conducted a study on the cost of lowering a work groups morale to all time lows....

No way MF would even be voted in to an LEC position again, let alone an MEC position. Has the same probability as socially inept LA being voted in as PHL LECP again... :shock:

I agree, I voted no as well. All three times. :lol: The idea of a "trade board" that would allow RSVs to make time on their "off days" just stunk to me. Who knew that it would turn out that RSVs were forced to accept working days off to make a halfway decent living. Sick.
Even that has largely been taken away. Sicker.

In defense of 109UW, I think he/she implies that the road shows sold the idea of the RSV system with the idea of Pref Bidding. With union brass shouting about how beneficial this would be, a lot of people were persuaded.... Sickest.... :down: Suddenly, Pref Bid became too costly to implement. Too bad the company never conducted a study on the cost of lowering a work groups morale to all time lows....

No way MF would even be voted in to an LEC position again, let alone an MEC position. Has the same probability as socially inept LA being voted in as PHL LECP again... :shock:
All I had to see was the "tidying" of the aircraft. That did it for me, not to mention 2011.

There is one fact nobody has talked about. I want MF in there for one reason and one reason only. Years ago when our contract was being negotiated by Lynn Lynnoski, and we all went and stood in for the "Candle Light Vigile", It was Pat Friend that told our negotiators to continue negotiating past midnight. Pat Friend is a UAL flight attendant...Pat has an agenda that only corrsponds to the needs of UAL. We need not forget that UAL makes up the majority of ( and I want to emphasis this - VOTING MAJORITY of ) AFA. Having Mike in as the President of AFA allows a different voice to the needs of the flight attendant profession. In many cases, you can't please the needs of everyone of your consituants. You try to please who you can when you can in an appropriate manner. Mike has been a voice of change here at LCC. The LEC's of LCC have voted out the MEC Presidents in the past because they didn't want to hear anything about "Change". We are at a crossroads with the airline industry. Change is going to happen...I think we at LCC must stand by Mike... not chastise him for seeking to make the changes we all need.

Shame on all of you that want more of the same from PAT FRIEND...

Stud,

Mike hasn't finished even one term in any position. In two short years he's run for 3 positions. Give me a break. He's so very transparent. These types don't get anyting done unless it is to serve "self" or spend time holding on to a leadership position at all cost or running for everything.

I just think its funny. Like Pat, or hate Pat, she has 3 four-year elected terms as International President. She organized NW (an airline of 5,000 f/as) and AFA didn't spend years of dues $$ campaigning. I don't have a kinship to Pat personally. But, when the union was experiencing major industry furloughs with more negotiation expenditures going out and less dues coming in she approached other unions to merge...and CWA was the fit that carried us for those couple of critical years. Who would have thought of merging unions? She did.

He won't get elected anyway. I know the BOD delegates mentality. It just won't happen for him. He will ten have to return to the U MEC and continue with his current position for how long? Anyones guess.

Well too bad you weren't based down here. Your insight would have gone along way. Every rep in CLT, including all incumbents told us how good this was. We all asked questions, and they answered them. I guess, just the way they wanted to answer them. This time, I'm going to have to ask "are we really going to get this, or are you going to let the company not implement it".

Well, I had predicted this revelation from 12 months ago when Mike Flores was the main speaker at an Exec Board of AFA (16 MECP) conference call conducted last Dec. on whether to accept my dues or not so that I could continue as a member of AFA while on furlough.

He made sure that the vote was by majority by convincing these airline MECPS that I had separated from the company and that I should no longer be considered, or be able to be an active member of AFA by continuing to pay my dues on the VFLR. That went against the C&B and took "special" interpretation. It passed because Mike described the VFLR different than a furlough that the C&B spoke to. He said that it was actually a separation and that I should not be able to pay my dues and continue my membership with AFA. They returned my dues back to me.

Low and behold the speculation was that Pat F. did not want me to be considered "active"as she was concerned that I may run for the AFA International President seat at the BOD this year. And the other specualtion was that Mike Flores wanted me out so that he could think about running. He denied this when I brought it up emphatically!

With Laura gone as of Dec. 1, Mike is not sure of his fate holding the East MECP seat. So, he thinks he is qualified to sit as AFA International Pres.

He just announced at the AFA BOD that commences tomorrow that he is running for International Pres. I am sure he will have Laura's vote and Alin(DCA).

I hope Pat Friend wins reelection and hands his teeth to him!!!!!
Mike Flores and Alin Boswell....
The two incompetent knucleheads at USAirways MEC running for International President and Vice President
respectively.

What delusions of Grandeur! :lol: :lol: :lol:My, my, don't we think we have " great value" to offer.
:huh: :ph34r: :shock: :( :( :( SO angry, So bitter, So sad...TX I really believe after listening/reading your posting and constant diatribes and in SPITE of your rants and raves, that you are a very bright, capable person.Look for a job, make a difference somewhere!!! FOR GOD"S sake do all of present, former and retired US employees - GET some long needed professional help- ASAP....Let go and Move ON!!!

:huh: :ph34r: :shock: :( :( :( SO angry, So bitter, So sad...TX I really believe after listening/reading your posting and constant diatribes and in SPITE of your rants and raves, that you are a very bright, capable person.Look for a job, make a difference somewhere!!! FOR GOD"S sake do all of present, former and retired US employees - GET some long needed professional help- ASAP....Let go and Move ON!!!
Why should she move on, for "gods sake"? Are you god? Many value her posts. Why so "angry" and "bitter" napaus? People kill me....Just ignore her posts if you so choose. Now, moving on to productive posts once again....
PS: read the end of your post, it makes no sense. Who needs professional help?

TZ lived the hall ways of the Crystal Palace. She should not leave !!!she is a mentor on what to watch out for.You can take her information and what you want to deal with or applies to you gives you growth. Why cut off a hand that is extended to all of us.............

Regardless of what transpired in the past, here are the facts...

I did not retire or quit. I am on a negotiated furlough, along with 1200 others. I didn't resign from AFA. Never picked a a pen and resigned. In fact, my seat was filled because they returned my dues and said I could not remain an acitive member of AFA and hold a seat. They asked for me to resign, because it was not a quit, but I did not. They proceeded with an election anyway. This was a political play on the part of the International leadership and the new MECP. Past furloughs have had past LECPs hold their seat or position while on furlough. But with me, they treated it differently. In fact, those f/as who were on VFLR who paid dues, their funds were returned when they ruled on my situation. And that is only because the MEC members brought the "dues" issue to the International attention and said..."now return the other members money as well".

My position has always been staying in line with the folks who vote you in office and being their voice and representing their culture.
Not sometimes, but often times the members are not in line with AFA platform, and the leadership that they elect does not represent their concerns, but rather from political pressure,they accept the unions created ideology. I have lost much respect for these individuals.

Therefore, they (meaning those who felt a threat by my presence) found a way to interpret the constitution to ensure I was out and could not either run against someone at International or hold the seat.
You will never change but the world is ever second while it leaves you in the dust sweetheart.

You left, and painting it a different color still spells, gone.

Like someone else wrote on here which I disagree with, that you need professional help. I don't think you need professional help, your too head strong, but you do need to let go, it's time.

The Windy City is calling you......

Latest posts