East AFA MECP running for International President

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Well, I had predicted this revelation from 12 months ago when Mike Flores was the main speaker at an Exec Board of AFA (16 MECP) conference call conducted last Dec. on whether to accept my dues or not so that I could continue as a member of AFA while on furlough.

He made sure that the vote was by majority by convincing these airline MECPS that I had separated from the company and that I should no longer be considered, or be able to be an active member of AFA by continuing to pay my dues on the VFLR. That went against the C&B and took "special" interpretation. It passed because Mike described the VFLR different than a furlough that the C&B spoke to. He said that it was actually a separation and that I should not be able to pay my dues and continue my membership with AFA. They returned my dues back to me.

Low and behold the speculation was that Pat F. did not want me to be considered "active"as she was concerned that I may run for the AFA International President seat at the BOD this year. And the other specualtion was that Mike Flores wanted me out so that he could think about running. He denied this when I brought it up emphatically!

With Laura gone as of Dec. 1, Mike is not sure of his fate holding the East MECP seat. So, he thinks he is qualified to sit as AFA International Pres.

He just announced at the AFA BOD that commences tomorrow that he is running for International Pres. I am sure he will have Laura's vote and Alin(DCA).

I hope Pat Friend wins reelection and hands his teeth to him!!!!!
Mike Flores and Alin Boswell....
The two incompetent knucleheads at USAirways MEC running for International President and Vice President
respectively.

What delusions of Grandeur! :lol: :lol: :lol:My, my, don't we think we have " great value" to offer.

From the pit of my stomach to the porcelain in the bowl. :down: MF, I hope Pat hands you your head on a platter. He must know his days as MECP at USAirways about to come to a screaching halt.

From the pit of my stomach to the porcelain in the bowl. :down: MF, I hope Pat hands you your head on a platter. He must know his days as MECP at USAirways about to come to a screaching halt.
Why is his days numbered, he isn't resigning the MECP is he?

Proud-
From the people on the MEC I know he is not well liked and LA was the only one that was keeping him in. Now with the shift in power and his display at the meeting in PHL. Your do the math.

Well, I had predicted this revelation from 12 months ago when Mike Flores was the main speaker at an Exec Board of AFA (16 MECP) conference call conducted last Dec. on whether to accept my dues or not so that I could continue as a member of AFA while on furlough.

He made sure that the vote was by majority by convincing these airline MECPS that I had separated from the company and that I should no longer be considered, or be able to be an active member of AFA by continuing to pay my dues on the VFLR. That went against the C&B and took "special" interpretation. It passed because Mike described the VFLR different than a furlough that the C&B spoke to. He said that it was actually a separation and that I should not be able to pay my dues and continue my membership with AFA. They returned my dues back to me.

Low and behold the speculation was that Pat F. did not want me to be considered "active"as she was concerned that I may run for the AFA International President seat at the BOD this year. And the other specualtion was that Mike Flores wanted me out so that he could think about running. He denied this when I brought it up emphatically!

With Laura gone as of Dec. 1, Mike is not sure of his fate holding the East MECP seat. So, he thinks he is qualified to sit as AFA International Pres.

He just announced at the AFA BOD that commences tomorrow that he is running for International Pres. I am sure he will have Laura's vote and Alin(DCA).

I hope Pat Friend wins reelection and hands his teeth to him!!!!!
Mike Flores and Alin Boswell....
The two incompetent knucleheads at USAirways MEC running for International President and Vice President
respectively.

What delusions of Grandeur! :lol: :lol: :lol:My, my, don't we think we have " great value" to offer.

I was going to write something scathing but what’s the point. Here is a woman who no one can argue was a great leader with fiery passion. But she decided to walk away and go for the money leaving to battle field at play for others.

Just like I walked away and no longer have a right to criticize 700UW and the IAM because it’s in my past same goes here.

How can one still argue something they no longer have a stake in. Simply can’t because the fangs have been voluntarily removed, the bite gone. It’s over. Walking away made possible things to happen you may not like or agree with, but the act of walking way also signifies the fact it doesn’t really matter least you would have never walked away in the first place. Why bark up the tree now when vanity is all it is. Looking back and not forward gets one no where.

Proud-
From the people on the MEC I know he is not well liked and LA was the only one that was keeping him in. Now with the shift in power and his display at the meeting in PHL. Your do the math.
Which meeting, the one I attended I didnt see notice anything out of the ordinary, but then again I wasnt trying to read something into every gesture or word from the leaders there.

Which meeting, the one I attended I didnt see notice anything out of the ordinary, but then again I wasnt trying to read something into every gesture or word from the leaders there.
So basically, MF went from being a line F/A to possibly Int. Pres in what? 2-2.5 years. That makes me a little nervous. With no experience, he beat the incumbent in CLT, who would have needed a miracle to win anyway. The former LECP had so alienated the RSV population down in CLT, that anyone who ran against him would have won. Then, a year later, he is our MECP. Folks in CLT are alittle upset with him leaving so quickly. We don't really feel he acomplished much for us here. He told us he was going to get CLT back on the right track. We are no better than when Steve Hearn was in office. Nothing ever changes, I guess.

I was going to write something scathing but what’s the point. Here is a woman who no one can argue was a great leader with fiery passion. But she decided to walk away and go for the money leaving to battle field at play for others.

Just like I walked away and no longer have a right to criticize 700UW and the IAM because it’s in my past same goes here.

How can one still argue something they no longer have a stake in. Simply can’t because the fangs have been voluntarily removed, the bite gone. It’s over. Walking away made possible things to happen you may not like or agree with, but the act of walking way also signifies the fact it doesn’t really matter least you would have never walked away in the first place. Why bark up the tree now when vanity is all it is. Looking back and not forward gets one no where.

Regardless of what transpired in the past, here are the facts...

I did not retire or quit. I am on a negotiated furlough, along with 1200 others. I didn't resign from AFA. Never picked a a pen and resigned. In fact, my seat was filled because they returned my dues and said I could not remain an acitive member of AFA and hold a seat. They asked for me to resign, because it was not a quit, but I did not. They proceeded with an election anyway. This was a political play on the part of the International leadership and the new MECP. Past furloughs have had past LECPs hold their seat or position while on furlough. But with me, they treated it differently. In fact, those f/as who were on VFLR who paid dues, their funds were returned when they ruled on my situation. And that is only because the MEC members brought the "dues" issue to the International attention and said..."now return the other members money as well".

My position has always been staying in line with the folks who vote you in office and being their voice and representing their culture.
Not sometimes, but often times the members are not in line with AFA platform, and the leadership that they elect does not represent their concerns, but rather from political pressure,they accept the unions created ideology. I have lost much respect for these individuals.

Therefore, they (meaning those who felt a threat by my presence) found a way to interpret the constitution to ensure I was out and could not either run against someone at International or hold the seat.

My position has always been staying in line with the folks who vote you in office and being their voice and representing their culture.
What are you, some kind of rogue union rep? Only kidding there. Ask any RSV at US Airways if their LECP or MECP if they fell as though their elected reps "are staying in line with the folks who voted them in", but step back a few feet and make sure that there are no sharp objects around. I get the feeling that the rsv's ren't feeling any love and haven't, in a long time. I appreciate all you did, while you were here and still enjoy your input. Thanks.

I remember you making that prediction. While not a PF fan, MF will fall HARD. Karma is well on it's way to putting MF in his place. He will not be the AFA Prez!!
This I DO believe!

:down: I am so sorry that MF has decided that he does not have to complete one job before he starts another. I have never been a great Fan of Pat Friend but talk about MF going from a 2 plus years of doing Union work and now trying to create his Empire on the Hill. Mike you have not proven one thing about your leadership style. I have asked that my vote be counted towards PF she above all has history like it or not!!!!!!! Shame on MF to think that he can fill her shoes . I thought at the Philadelphia Council meeting that you wanted to show passion for the Reserves as they made up 98% of the audience. You pick one job MF and do it well !!!!!!!. I see the USAirways being spinned into neglect at the hand of our MEC President and when do you have time to negotiate ? This entire move stinks.

What are you, some kind of rogue union rep? Only kidding there. Ask any RSV at US Airways if their LECP or MECP if they fell as though their elected reps "are staying in line with the folks who voted them in", but step back a few feet and make sure that there are no sharp objects around. I get the feeling that the rsv's ren't feeling any love and haven't, in a long time. I appreciate all you did, while you were here and still enjoy your input. Thanks.
As I recall just a few short yrs ago, it was Teddy coming out and saying this restructing agree stinks. PIT being the only base that agreed and voted overwhelmingly NO. However, the other bases are larger and carried the vote that put this contract into play. The union representatives cannot carry all the blame for the f/a's working under this contract. The union is its members and the members voted and now we all live with the consequences. Thankfully, we have a merged agreement that is being negoitated that will give us an opportunity for improvement prior to 2011.

There is one fact nobody has talked about. I want MF in there for one reason and one reason only. Years ago when our contract was being negotiated by Lynn Lynnoski, and we all went and stood in for the "Candle Light Vigile", It was Pat Friend that told our negotiators to continue negotiating past midnight. Pat Friend is a UAL flight attendant...Pat has an agenda that only corrsponds to the needs of UAL. We need not forget that UAL makes up the majority of ( and I want to emphasis this - VOTING MAJORITY of ) AFA. Having Mike in as the President of AFA allows a different voice to the needs of the flight attendant profession. In many cases, you can't please the needs of everyone of your consituants. You try to please who you can when you can in an appropriate manner. Mike has been a voice of change here at LCC. The LEC's of LCC have voted out the MEC Presidents in the past because they didn't want to hear anything about "Change". We are at a crossroads with the airline industry. Change is going to happen...I think we at LCC must stand by Mike... not chastise him for seeking to make the changes we all need.

Shame on all of you that want more of the same from PAT FRIEND...

My my what choices. It's like picking between the last of the two worst 737 trips when scheduling reaches you. :lol:

:ph34r: Well said Travelpro I blame myself for not getting up and running. I was a fool Pat Friend did not have a gun to my head. I have few regrets one of them we all know the second has to be not being closer and being given a chance with TZ. Heck we might have not cared for each other but it would not have been because we were prejudice to each other.

Latest posts