AFA Labor Discussion (Work Conditions) 7-7 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen ENOUGH at the meetings to know it's not what we deserve and it's not what I want. The AFA members that went to the LEC meeting in PHL that gave John the direction we did were ignored. "98%" of the f/a's probably weren't at the meeting for whatever excuse du jour they had, but the ones who cared enough to show up got a giant midde finger when he went to Las Vegas. He didn't ask you who you would vote for because he had his mind made up before the meeting who we was going to cast his vote for - the NON US AIRWAYS F/As. One of our own happened to ask him about it, which, no doubt, was unexpected.

"Holiday Restriction" - hello, blockholders? Are you there???? The most senior of you probably can hold holidays off but for those of you who can't, maybe that'll light a little fire. No bid sheet for you to avoid Christmas with the holiday restriction. Pref bid = 4-8% reduction in staffing need. DO YOU CARE?!?!?!? Of course not. It doesn't affect you, does it?

You honestly think Team Flores / Austin have the best interest of every F/A on property? Puhleeze! How much domestic flying do you do? (It's A LOT diferent doing one leg each way "over the pond" than 6 legs up and down the coast while cleaning and boarding 6 times and having no time to even get a meal in between flights) How many days on reserve do you spend? The man is so far in bed with the company it's a joke. What's getting OLD is the incessant F.U. we get from the MEC / JNC regarding our futures. What's getting OLD is being on reserve year after year which is nothing but poverty wages and abuse. What's getting OLD is the lack of support from self-serving flight attendants who only think about themselves and not the greater good of the group at large. What's getting OLD is the rash judgments people make without researching what's going on for themselves. We're all getting older while this gets old.

Whats getting OLD is the Same people on here with the Same OLD issues!!

And you seem to know All about the PBS..Did Delta reduce their work force when they went with their PBS...Hello? NO THEY DID NOT! Stop saying things that are false!

And DON'T blame me for getting hired when I did..!!!!!

And you seem to know All about the PBS..Did Delta reduce their work force when they went with their PBS...Hello? NO THEY DID NOT! Stop saying things that are false!

Where in my post am I blaming you for anything? You are in the bottom 50% of our seniority list anyway and I'm not pointing fingers...

The reduction in personnel numbers are from Mike Flores' own mouth. Delta does everything different. They have an A day system for scheduling so there is a lot more wiggle room there.

I'm not opposed to PBS but, considering your current ability to turn 4 days of vacation into a lot more by the way you build your schedule - consider you can knock out trips based on training and lead ins etc... YOU, the BH, willl lose some flexibility when PBS is implemented.

I've worked for an airline that has it. It is a great thing when it doesn't cause a reduction in personnel (which will come from the bottom since people here don't leave and there are no buyouts on the table.) -

noMoreKoolaid brings up a great point. Did you FA88 attend a meeting? In the past 5 years have you attended a meeting? In 20+ years how many meetings have you attended? I rest my case.

On a side note, many sat there are got that FACT right from MF's mouth. YES INDEED PBS will cause a headcount reduction (source MF Spring AFA 70 LEC Meeting) . He hoped they would take that # off the top with a buyout. Now he is changing his tune in CLT. Get your facts before you start shooting off at the mouth but most of all please fly up from ATL and attend a meeting once in a while. :lol:

Reactions: 3 people
noMoreKoolaid brings up a great point. Did you FA88 attend a meeting? In the past 5 years have you attended a meeting? In 20+ years how many meetings have you attended? I rest my case.

On a side note, many sat there are got that FACT right from MF's mouth. YES INDEED PBS will cause a headcount reduction (source MF Spring AFA 70 LEC Meeting) . He hoped they would take that # off the top with a buyout. Now he is changing his tune in CLT. Get your facts before you start shooting off at the mouth but most of all please fly up from ATL and attend a meeting once in a while. :lol:

Thanks for the invite! But Yes I Have attended meetings in the past..not recently though...It seems that the meetings are when I'm working..Yeah I know that sounds like a cop out...but it happens to be true! I will try Very hard to attend the next meeting when it and if it anounced..

And it's kinda funny you know who I am but I not you...Hmmmm..Interesting...!

And yes nomorekoolaid..Delta does have "A" days..Have I said does our current reserve system suck..Absolutly, and that is the most important thing that needed to change I said when I was called for that survey from AFA...

Like I said..I want to see the Final result before I make my decesion and everyone should as well!

AAAAAAAAND CRICKETS ***chirp***chirp***chirp***. Look 88, If you don't like hearing FACTS here then don't bother. You chime in and rant about "us ranting" while YOU bring absolutely, positively NOTHING of any substance to the conversation. You talk down to those on here trying to have a meaningful conversation, who CARE enough about what's going on while YOU like many others that fly "over the pond" have No G'damn clue about anything. Why don't you apply down in ATL with Delta. I'm so sick and tired of uneducated, smartass flight attendants that have absolutely NOTHING of substance to add to the conversation which is pretty important. Moving along......t/a checkin calling? :rolleyes:

Then she hands me this email from Obviously from a Disgruntled Former LEC Pres from BOS..Made no sense what so ever..And I talked it over with a couple of my crew on our trip across the pond and they had the Same conclusion..Stupid!

Why would the former LECP from BOS be "disgruntled" towards AFA? AFA didn't close BOS, the Company did.

If you need help understanding her emails, email her yourself. She'd be happy to explain to you the parts you are having trouble with.

I agree. Bringing us an already substandard contract after 5 years of negotiating is really getting old, and we don't even have the tentative in front of us. I think your frustration is a bit, umm, misguided. No need to wait for the tentative to know that it will be substandard. Heck, the RSV section alone is a joke, but that doesn't affect you, right?

[quote/]And you seem to know All about the PBS..Did Delta reduce their work force when they went with their PBS...Hello? NO THEY DID NOT! Stop saying things that are false! [/quote]

Please correct us, and tell us exactly what was said about PBS in the CLT meeting two weeks ago. It was discussed IN DEPTH by Mike. Go ahead, we'll wait. Or weren't you there? I believe he said "Pref Bid is not a job killer", which is opposite of what he said at the April meeting in PHL. Or weren't you at that meeting, either?

[quote/]And DON'T blame me for getting hired when I did..!!!!![/quote]

Brilliant. And we wonder how we as a membership got to this point?

Reactions: 1 person
AAAAAAAAND CRICKETS ***chirp***chirp***chirp***. Look 88, If you don't like hearing FACTS here then don't bother. You chime in and rant about "us ranting" while YOU bring absolutely, positively NOTHING of any substance to the conversation. You talk down to those on here trying to have a meaningful conversation, who CARE enough about what's going on while YOU like many others that fly "over the pond" have No G'damn clue about anything. Why don't you apply down in ATL with Delta. I'm so sick and tired of uneducated, smartass flight attendants that have absolutely NOTHING of substance to add to the conversation which is pretty important. Moving along......t/a checkin calling? :rolleyes:

If I applied at Delta than I would be at the bottom of the Senority list...Now Why Would I DO That?

Facts? I have NOT heard Any Facts on here so far...The 3 or 4 that are posting " The Facts " on here seem to know Everything about Everything.. !!

BTW if you are So unhappy here at US then maybe Just maybe You should apply at Delta! You Might make a Better fit there!

Cheers!

BTW if you are So unhappy here at US then maybe Just maybe You should apply at Delta! You Might make a Better fit there!

Cheers!

Oh my word. Look, don't get your panties all in a twirl because you were called out on being, well PHLfa88. When you as a "blockholder" can get your behind to a meeting and KNOW the facts before trying to slam other on here for STATING facts then we'll take you more seriously. I know people that have gone to meeting after meeting with sick, elderly parents, children, etc. Reserves that make next to nothing and have very little personal time on their days off make it. So don't give me that crap of "being on a trip". Whatever! ! :rolleyes: As for me? I'm quite happy with life and refuse to be chased out of my job and work at Delta because I refuse to get involved at US Airways. I on the other hand let my VOICE (ya know...your union voice) be heard by saying ENOUGH! ! ! Save the lecture and the well known PHLfa88 attitude.

Back on topic ! !

Cheers!
I'm going on the record here to say it's attitudes like yours that are divisive and polarizing. We are doing the best we can to unify, educate, learn, support each other, and improve our general quality of life here by coming together and getting involved. Standing in a corner and waving "Go to Delta, Go to Delta, Go to Delta" serves no purpose. (And guess what? A lot of people here ARE applying at Delta because they can't take it anymore. You make more in training at Delta than a 10 year B-scale flight attendant here. How do I know? Because I am one. While we are flying the quick calls, weekends, nights, holidays, and covering UTC's month after month, complacent f/a's give us the "it's your choice to be on reserve, you should be happy to have a job" speech.

How about being a little less defensive and trying to support the plight of others who aren't as fortunate as you are?

I get emails from John on a constant basis, and Not once was there Any part of one where John asked for any ones input..

Union leadership (at any level) not interested in member input? That in itself sounds like a red flag that something is wrong with the leadership. Aren't they supposed to be representatives, not dictators?

Jim

Reactions: 3 people
I get emails from John on a constant basis, and Not once was there Any part of one where John asked for any ones input..And, I stopped going to those Circus Meetings because of people that do nothing but #### and Moan! If you think you could do it better than why don't YOU run for office! And if you did Obviously did Not win!

The problem is we have too many Bitter people here that will NEVER be happy with who the Majority Votes for! Example..Republicans Hate Obama! Why..Because they can!

I am a little confused here. You are getting personal email from your local president on a constant basis? Do share, because I think that is one of the complaints not just about him but the union leadership as a whole. I believe your local president was well liked because he used to be a wealth of informative and well researched info. The music stopped when elected to office from what I was told. Either he just does not care anymore or someone else shut him up. I think it may be the latter. My friends say that the west puts out one of your elines at least once a week. I find it amazing that in order to get ANY info east flight attendants have to go west to find it. I am quite certain that Mr. Flores has something to do with that. I know about all the arguments about the west MEC president, but at least they speak to their membership there. Everyone realizes that there is SOME info that can't be released to the general public. However, I think the biggest complaint is that NO info is being released about anything to anyone. It would seem to be more prudent to communicate with everyone you represent rather than making them personally call or email you. May I suggest that since you are so close with the local president that you might convince him that it would a positive thing if he were to start communicating a little more with his members. I mean this with all sincerity. Trust is earned and knowledge is power. Right now there is zero trust and it would appear there is only supreme power liken to that of a dictator. Mr. Flores is coming out all of the sudden and trying to defend his stance on silence. Problem is he is coming off sounding like Baghdad Bob. As a leader these folks are suppose to figure out how to empower their troops without giving the enemy your strategy. Everyone knows this is a balancing act but zero info from the commander makes for an army in distress!

Yes, there are a few people that will be bitter no matter what you do. You are correct. The problem is it is more than just a few are bitter and it is not because that is just the way they are. There is a lack of respect from their leadership. A lack of info to help make any kind of informed decisions. I am just a bystander in all of this and I feel pretty bitter right now. In an office setting with leadership like you guys have the department would have been dismantled long ago and the head count would have been trimmed a little off the top!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts