AFA Labor Discussion (Work Conditions) 7-7 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone gets Daily e-mails from John OMG how lucky are you. I am not casting stones but should he not throw some e-mails to the membership. Sometimes the best thing for anyone in this position is to keep your enemies closer.

I am a little confused here. You are getting personal email from your local president on a constant basis? Do share, because I think that is one of the complaints not just about him but the union leadership as a whole. I believe your local president was well liked because he used to be a wealth of informative and well researched info. The music stopped when elected to office from what I was told. Either he just does not care anymore or someone else shut him up. I think it may be the latter. My friends say that the west puts out one of your elines at least once a week. I find it amazing that in order to get ANY info east flight attendants have to go west to find it. I am quite certain that Mr. Flores has something to do with that. I know about all the arguments about the west MEC president, but at least they speak to their membership there. Everyone realizes that there is SOME info that can't be released to the general public. However, I think the biggest complaint is that NO info is being released about anything to anyone. It would seem to be more prudent to communicate with everyone you represent rather than making them personally call or email you. May I suggest that since you are so close with the local president that you might convince him that it would a positive thing if he were to start communicating a little more with his members. I mean this with all sincerity. Trust is earned and knowledge is power. Right now there is zero trust and it would appear there is only supreme power liken to that of a dictator. Mr. Flores is coming out all of the sudden and trying to defend his stance on silence. Problem is he is coming off sounding like Baghdad Bob. As a leader these folks are suppose to figure out how to empower their troops without giving the enemy your strategy. Everyone knows this is a balancing act but zero info from the commander makes for an army in distress!

Yes, there are a few people that will be bitter no matter what you do. You are correct. The problem is it is more than just a few are bitter and it is not because that is just the way they are. There is a lack of respect from their leadership. A lack of info to help make any kind of informed decisions. I am just a bystander in all of this and I feel pretty bitter right now. In an office setting with leadership like you guys have the department would have been dismantled long ago and the head count would have been trimmed a little off the top!

So? Your not even a F/A for US? Well..Well..Seems like the Group of 3 or 4 get Everyones blood boiling on here..!!

I'm sorry, but in Any of my posts did I say I get "Personal" emails from John? Nope..I said I get emails ( guess I should have clarified what type of emails) E Line emails..

And if I Did get any "Personal" emails from John, is it Anyones Business? John happens to be a friend of mine ( Go Ahead...Start the Slamming Now!!!!) and we keep in contact..!

Someone gets Daily e-mails from John OMG how lucky are you. I am not casting stones but should he not throw some e-mails to the membership. Sometimes the best thing for anyone in this position is to keep your enemies closer.

And This is how Rumors get started! HA!

LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR>>>I do Not get DAILY Emails from John! I Never Said I did!!

So I get it now..The Gang up begins!!

Some people never grow up you carry so much Crap around.P lease the last time I saw you it was wonderful and then you come out with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen if you were so wonderful how did we Crash together certainly I learned so much and I have gone on .Why can't YOU

I get emails from John on a constant basis, and Not once was there Any part of one where John asked for any ones input..

I will stand corrected. However, in reading your post you make it sound like you are getting personal email from him. My friends are telling me that elines are seldom and some are just cut and paste stuff that you guys already got from your company. They said there were around 10 or 12 for the year and some of those were in the same week. Not exactly a constant basis especially if it is not new info. While repeating company info might be important it is equally important to disseminate fresh union information as well. I was certainly not trying to belittle you. In fact quite the opposite. If the LEC president is your personal friend you should be sharing the knowledge you have with him about peoples concerns of lack of any info coming from the union. This is not just Philly but the whole union leadership. It is my understanding that some people would like to convey more info but are being censored. Maybe this is the case with your friend. I don't know but the lack of info is creating a lot of divide within your ranks. Mr. Flores coming out and trying to explain why he can't say anything is pretty absurd. People from the east are getting bits and pieces from the west MEC. I am not sure how giving the most basic of info is going to show his cards to the company. He must have a very bad hand if that is the case. Even so the info is leaking out so he needs to something better than say he can't say anything.

I may not be directly among your ranks, but I do have a stake in what is going on there. Besides having some wonderful US friends I also travel quite a bit. Because a lot of my travel in the past was on the east coast I was a pretty loyal US customer. I can say as fact for me at least that the flexibility to travel on US has diminished over the years. Since your supposed merger with AW that flexibility has been worse than any time in recent years. Although being able to travel in the western states on US has been a bonus, I find myself traveling more and more away from US. I know from a customer standpoint how we have been treated sI have a genuine concern for my friends that I have made there because I know it is even worse for them. So, maybe not a F/A but I will help argue my friends points when I have a chance.

I try to keep an open mind to all viewpoints expressed here. As I can see a lot of other people on here do as well. Part of the problem I see is that some people don't like it when someone disagrees with them. I think this is what is wrong with Mr. Flores and his inner circle. No dissenters allowed. Since people disagree with him he chooses to not say anything. I think this is bad for your group. It has done nothing but cause division among you all. If this continues your management won't even need to fire a shot to conquer you! The difference for me is if someone has a different viewpoint from my own I can still talk to them. Just maybe even be convinced that I am wrong sometimes.. I think there is healthy debate going on here and I hope that does not change.

Some people never grow up you carry so much Crap around.P lease the last time I saw you it was wonderful and then you come out with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen if you were so wonderful how did we Crash together certainly I learned so much and I have gone on .Why can't YOU

Wow, I make a little joke about the past, and you go off! I have put it behind me, so much so that I can see a little humor in it. I think my dear, you need to not take life so seriously and learn to laugh at what you cannot change. It does wonders for your heart!

Wow, I make a little joke about the past, and you go off! I have put it behind me, so much so that I can see a little humor in it. I think my dear, you need to not take life so seriously and learn to laugh at what you cannot change. It does wonders for your heart!

It was not a JOKE to me it was very painful and as far as you telling me about my health ...........Take care of yourself first. It is wise to put issues in the past but not learning from it is a totally different story. Do not want to banter back and forth so Carpe Diem

How sweet....makes me long for the old days.

Reading this crap about recalls makes me giggle just a bit. AFA on US property has become a joke. A mockery of what the union once stood for.

Throw some food at the membership on a holiday and you fill the crew room....invite them to AFA meeting and you can hear an echo in that same crew room.

Come on folks, lets have some unity here. You all need and deserve a better contract. No contract will satisfy every member but you have to atleast look at what is presented before you shoot it down. He said/she said/ and I heard is all that is floating around on this board. The infighting between east and west, lineholders and reserves is utterly ridiculous.

ok...now baja and PSA....faux hug and air kisses.......

Isn't that better?

Reactions: 1 person
I can't believe what I hear from flight attendants on the line. Some of it is really out there so I agree with Mike about stopping the rumors. Believe it or not there ARE a few on here that have attended meetings continually and KNOW for certain items that are being pushed fourth by the JNC. We have heard specific information directly from Mike's mouth at one meeting only for it to change at another. I just read that MEC letter put in our files but ya know what....BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. You are going to bring a "finished" product to the membership and I'm telling you as I sit here and type IT WILL FAIL. John McCorkle NEEDS, MUST and should be REQUIRED by the membership to get this meeting scheduled with Mike and "cough...cough" Carol in attendance. Here are just a few of the reasons people will vote no.

1. PBS and the "unknowing and grey areas". NO! !
1a. A meeting to like CLT had would help with the "unknown". Not VOTING DAY
2. The reserve section. NO! !
3. Holiday restriction (in any fashion) NO!
4. No FULL restoration of lost East f/a vacation. NO! !

This is information that is FACTUAL. There are two items on this very short list that are enough for me to shoot this baby out of the sky.

I can't believe what I hear from flight attendants on the line. Some of it is really out there so I agree with Mike about stopping the rumors. Believe it or not there ARE a few on here that have attended meetings continually and KNOW for certain items that are being pushed fourth by the JNC. We have heard specific information directly from Mike's mouth at one meeting only for it to change at another. I just read that MEC letter put in our files but ya know what....BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. You are going to bring a "finished" product to the membership and I'm telling you as I sit here and type IT WILL FAIL. John McCorkle NEEDS, MUST and should be REQUIRED by the membership to get this meeting scheduled with Mike and "cough...cough" Carol in attendance. Here are just a few of the reasons people will vote no.

1. PBS and the "unknowing and grey areas". NO! !
1a. A meeting to like CLT had would help with the "unknown". Not VOTING DAY
2. The reserve section. NO! !
3. Holiday restriction (in any fashion) NO!
4. No FULL restoration of lost East f/a vacation. NO! !

This is information that is FACTUAL. There are two items on this very short list that are enough for me to shoot this baby out of the sky.

And that is Your prerogitive! Let everyone else decide for themselves!

Hey do us all a favor since you seem to get some sort of response. Email John and let him know that we want a meeting with Mike and Carol in PHL. Oh wait....I thought he was to schedule a meeting before BLOCKS closed so B/H's could bid their schedules around it to be off. AAAAAAAAANYHOW....... There you go. John was DIRECTED BY THE MEMBERS to do such a thing but again...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz asleep at the switch. Hey, at least he gets claims paid and answers phones. Unbelievable! ! ! Wait, no....BELIEVABLE! ! ! ! :lol:

No one is trying to jam anything down anyone's throats here. It's your prerogative to choose not to come to meetings. We're just trying to convey what has come from the mouths of our very own leaders at the meetings regarding this upcoming contract. We are educating ourselves. Why do you have to be so negative about our efforts? I'm getting a migraine.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.