After action report on the protest

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
Well it's done now , we just finished protesting about an hour ago . While turnout wasn't fantastic it was sufficent (roughly 60 ) .With the roads around HQ blocked off we got terrifc exposure to the immidiate general public . There was also the added effect of basicly shutting down the iron man regestration ,As we were protesting up and down mill we passed by the entrance to the iron man competion and noticed they had signs up saying "sponsored by us airways " so we stoped infront of the entrance and protested for awhile , they quickly took the signs down and hid them from view . As we were protesting the wind picked up and the sky started to darken , i don't know what it is , but whenever we protest outside of HQ we always seem to encounter strange weather conditions .
It is getting harder and harder to shout down the calls for more dramatic action , even i'm losing resolve in keeping things above board .I think in a week or so we will begin to figure out just what it is we want to do next ... I personally want to turn up the volume all the way ..i want the entire city of tempe to cry out about the constant disruptions caused by the protests ..We have to hit them again and we have to do it harder .

Well it's done now , we just finished protesting about an hour ago . While turnout wasn't fantastic it was sufficent (roughly 60 ) .With the roads around HQ blocked off we got terrifc exposure to the immidiate general public . There was also the added effect of basicly shutting down the iron man regestration ,As we were protesting up and down mill we passed by the entrance to the iron man competion and noticed they had signs up saying "sponsored by us airways " so we stoped infront of the entrance and protested for awhile , they quickly took the signs down and hid them from view . As we were protesting the wind picked up and the sky started to darken , i don't know what it is , but whenever we protest outside of HQ we always seem to encounter strange weather conditions .
It is getting harder and harder to shout down the calls for more dramatic action , even i'm losing resolve in keeping things above board .I think in a week or so we will begin to figure out just what it is we want to do next ... I personally want to turn up the volume all the way ..i want the entire city of tempe to cry out about the constant disruptions caused by the protests ..We have to hit them again and we have to do it harder .

Good efforts Freedom and crew! I've been checking online Tempe news and still no memtion of the protest rally today. Hopefully the press will report it soon.

any pics and was news there, people from vegas were called at about noon and told not to come because it was canceled?!?

To answer all of your questions we heard that someone had called las veags to say it was cancled , this was a miscommuncation on someone's part , as for media we had none , they were a no show , and we ended very near 5:30 so that's proably why you missed us .

p.s we will work on getting pics and video up in the near future

[/size][/color][/b]
A giant "KUDOS" to EVERYONE! showing for Freakie Thursday! And yeah, it's almost an omen up against HQ in Phx. Rain or shine and now 40 mile wind. Still got grit in the teeth.
Thanks Bill Chandlee and Ron Roth and the organizers and all the GREAT signs.
Sorry we missed the roof coming down on the car. And trees on Mill were torn down.
My story on why know one came out of Corporate is they are the Sunshine Guys. Always a rosy picture portrayed. Little they know David got to Golliath!
Their so busy beating back lawsuits they won't see us coming. Go at them hard IAM!
By the way, the first round was on the union. Hope they can cut thru the chase! Now we'll see what happens in two weeks end of April.
I like to think this show of support from ramp was like the Shake n Bake commercial. Mom's frying chicken and the little guy says, "And I helped".

I'm not sure I'd list people's full names on this website!!!!!

It is a sad day when we have to "protect" public employees of US, so that they can maintain their own fantasies.

Excellent job protesters.

Maybe a couple of forged emails saying Tempe is calling out extra troops and/or has called the FBI (they likely do that on a daily basis anyway) to get the press out there.

Involve the university, promise those with student IDs a party. Talk with any activist (left-wing) group, they have a lot of experience dealing with those living in a bubble and holding protests under a Constitution sans Article 1.

Good luck.

I would not doubt if Tempe hired Wackenhut or the Pinkertons to video the picket.

And it is ok to post the names of the IAM union reps who were there.

And remember the US Constitution protects your right to assemble.

You mean Bush didn't change the Constitution so he can manipulate it? :down:

If Bush is such a great dead-bush whacker, does that mean he is into necrophilia?

and,

If Laura tells the public that G.W.Bush loves milking bulls, .... um, well, what do you think he would do, especially as he is quoted as saying the Constitution is just a piece of paper, I guess ya gotta clean up with something, right?

Look, everyone knows his Dick is the "deciderer"....... :) :)

and, those are facts, Jack! No opinion in sight.

Just buy some nice billboard space that can be seen around the airport. If I remeber correctly there are a few billboards that can be seen by both highway and while sitting in the plane. PHX is large enough that the point would get to a few people.