After Delta - USAirways Paycuts ?

ALCARLOS

Senior
Aug 8, 2004
Following what looks like some sizble pay concessions by Delta Pilots, do we see any pressure building for additional reductions by USAirways pilots? Either directly, or by sizing more of the fleet to Express?

no. don't even start. we have done enough. that is not the direction US is heading so please do not stir the pot.

Following what looks like some sizble pay concessions by Delta Pilots, do we see any pressure building for additional reductions by USAirways pilots? Either directly, or by sizing more of the fleet to Express?

I'll take their agreement any day! Rest assured, they haven't sunk to our level... :down:

Don't worry. East pilots are still the lowest paid in the industry, including B6 and AirTran. A WN F/O makes more than a 737 captain here. Plus they check out in 6 years and we check out in 21 years (if we don't park more A/C). Over their career other pilots make much much more than US. We also get much less vacation and sick leave than the rest.
We are still ahead in the race to the bottom.

No more talks of paycuts, this industry took as much as it can take.

BE positive
While I can certainly be sympathic to the sacrifices alread made, I am not sure that the industry is not headed for more. What worries me is the number of pilots that remain on furlow wanting to come back for lower and lower wages.Until everyone is back I see a risk, unfortunately.

Maybe somewhere, sometime, some airline workers will finally band together and take a company on, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

The big strike of the late 60s needs to happen again. The bar has swung way to far in favor of the companies and left the workers behind.

The only way piots can get higher wages is if there was a labor shortage. But that's not happening while many are on furlough and another huge pool of young whipper-shnappers are spending tens of thousands of dollars at Embry-Riddle and other academies to tackle a career in aviation (i.e. pilot), knowing full well the industry pay for pilots sux at 80% of the airlines and its regional affiliates. This "band together and take on the management" mentality will go nowhere. Economics is what's driving it all. Maybe deregulation wasn't the answer 30 years ago......

Maybe somewhere, sometime, some airline workers will finally band together and take a company on, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

The big strike of the late 60s needs to happen again. The bar has swung way to far in favor of the companies and left the workers behind.

It'll NEVER happen at US Airways, because there is absolutely no employee unity here. NOBODY has each other's backs...even within the same employee groups. There is no support. It's every man for himself and the merger has done nothing to change that way of thinking, and it doesn't look like that way of thinking is changing either.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I'm a realist. And this is unfortunately, the "real" way the employees of LCC act and think.

It'll NEVER happen at US Airways, because there is absolutely no employee unity here. NOBODY has each other's backs...even within the same employee groups. There is no support. It's every man for himself and the merger has done nothing to change that way of thinking, and it doesn't look like that way of thinking is changing either.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I'm a realist. And this is unfortunately, the "real" way the employees of LCC act and think.
Agreed :unsure:

The IAM showing support for AMFA would have been a start, instead they chose to not only cross their picket line, they agreed to do their work!!

Work that was all ready being done at non-mtc stations, work that was all ready in the ESE contract and work that is no longer in the AMT CBA at NWA.

Don't forget the ibt represented champion air flying flights for NWA due to out of service airplanes.