After The Speech

MarkMyWords said:
700UW said:
Don't you people realize this?

Dave made an end around on the union leadership with his lousy speech and he is trying to pit employee against employee and from the sound of some of these "newbies" he has succeded.
700 -

This point is a bit annoying to me. The AFA said that they would not be the mouth piece of the company. That Dave and Dave should take their "plan and presentation" to the employees and let them decide if they want the AFA to come to the table to open discussions. Now the IAM is pissed off because the company went to the employees to plead their case. But all this time they have been asking the IAM to come to the table to talk - not negotiate, yet. The IAM refused to come and hear "the plan" or what ever they are calling it.

I do support the meetings that the IAM has had with the company regarding cost savings ideas, but don't get pissed because the company brought their ideas directly to the employees. In all honesty, I don't think that Dave could say anything that would change many people's minds with in the IAM due to the outsourcing issue, but at least he got the message out there.
First of all, U has every right and the obligation to go and talk to the employees first and directly. Who signes the checks, the Unions or U? The employment contract is between whom? U and the Unions or U and the employees.

Further more sitiing together both sides have their own opinions and refusing the management to have their opinion and plan is just stupid.

It's amazing how short some people's memories are. In 1997, during contract negotiations, the company wanted the RJs on mainline but ALPA said no! Now the RJs are at mainline but our pilots had to be furloughed in order to fly them. My point is - how long will we continue to be a part of a union that does not have OUR interest as it's priority. Alpa national dictates what IT wants as a priority and will sell all our souls to get it. As an example, what doe you think Alpa national would do to us in a merger with AMR if they thought there was a chance to bring AMR into Alpa? Its time to think for ourselves and do whats riight for US. Forget Alpa's national interest and lets deal with the problems that face US. If we had been reasonable and focused only on US in 1997 we may not have the problems we do today. To me, that may be the most competitive advantage that the LCCs have today. Lets deal with our on problems and find our on solutions.