Dave Is Not The Problem

mweiss said:
B6 and F9 are very similar products. Their territories are different, which is why they are able to coexist.
Has anybody else noticed that the LCCs are not targeting each other, but are solely targeting the majors? B6's expansion has been aimed at United and, to a lesser extent, American. WN has focused on US. FL has focused on DL, and to a lesser extent, US. F9 has been aiming at UA.

mweiss said:
Then surely you must recognize that there will be competition for those jobs. As such, the bargaining power of existing US Airways employees will be low. It's ugly, but it's real, and pretending otherwise does a disservice to people who may make their decisions based on their understanding of what happens after the assets are acquired.
Exactly. Most of the majors still have furloughees. They will certainly bring their own folks back on before hiring any US employees.

ITRADE said:
Has anybody else noticed that the LCCs are not targeting each other, but are solely targeting the majors?
Well, that should hardly come as a surprise. The legacy carriers have higher costs, so it's much easier to undercut them. Competing against another LCC would put you in a much nastier battle. That will come, but not for several years.

Good point Avek00, yes we are very senior at U. The solution to me is very simple. Give those who are so senior a decent buy out package. Yes this would cost money, but eventually it would work to the companys advantage. The so called early out packages offered in the past were nothing but a joke IMO. If you can afford to give pay raises to management and clerk positions, why not offer a decent early out package????

ITRADE said:
mweiss said:
B6 and F9 are very similar products. Their territories are different, which is why they are able to coexist.
Has anybody else noticed that the LCCs are not targeting each other, but are solely targeting the majors? B6's expansion has been aimed at United and, to a lesser extent, American. WN has focused on US. FL has focused on DL, and to a lesser extent, US. F9 has been aiming at UA.
While this has generally proven to be the case, LCCs HAVE attacked each other, and will increasingly do so as their collective market share increases. In the recent battle of ATL, for example, FL got involved in running B6 out of its hub.

MCORORES said:
The solution to me is very simple. Give those who are so senior a decent buy out package. ....
If you can afford to give pay raises to management and clerk positions, why not offer a decent early out package????
I like the way you think! :up:

If given the chance....I'd vote for you to become CEO ! (At least you would be going in with some kind of plan!) :shock: