Aircraft maint issues

This man works for Southwest Airlines, not American Airlines.

What he “thinks” he knows he speculates on.

And he lives in an extremely LARGE GLASS HOUSE.

Not picking sides but your profile name says it all....

My point is no legacy airline has retained jobs in the last 40 years no matter how they voted.
Then take the money and don't worry about people like me.

That is not sarcasm. It is a serious statement. Don't lower your standard of living trying to save my job.

I know alot of guys that took the transfer facing your choice.
I suppose I could have done what a lot of my coworkers did and put in a local transfer for aircraft cleaning or stores but I did not want to start as a day one employee (seniority) after 12 years. It just was not worth it.

Glad it worked out for you. Hopefully they will make it home after this contract but I don’t see it.
Thank you and I agree, I don't see it either.

Last edited:
This man works for Southwest Airlines, not American Airlines.

What he “thinks” he knows he speculates on.

And he lives in an extremely LARGE GLASS HOUSE.
That's why I don't give you guys advice, if you ask for it, then I will give you my opinion.

I “think” more people here on Forums have made the TWU vs IAM Medical issue an actual item more so than it really is?

Again except for Airline Forums I’m just not seeing or reading an issue anywhere? Has anyone watched Parker or Isom talk about it at any Roadshows?

Are “WE” the ones making a Mountain out of a molehill?
Don't think so, WeAAsles..The medical is a bigger issue for the LUS side of the NC than the outsourcing is....This I learned having spoken to a couple of TWU leaders that matter the day of the times square march.

Reactions: swamt
Don't think so, WeAAsles..The medical is a bigger issue for the LUS side of the NC than the outsourcing is....This I learned having spoken to a couple of TWU leaders that matter the day of the times square march.

Cheap Medical or a Job?
Cheap Medical or a Job?
Cheap Medical or a Job?

Think I’d have to weigh on the side of having a Job myself.

But hey if that’s true, irrational or not. Maybe that Medical is extremely important to them and we shouldn’t make light of their tenacity to keep it. Gary did mention it in a video too BTW.

What you meant to say was "IT WILL BE INDUSTRY LACKING"

Yes, industry lacking may be a much better description. I may have to use that in the future. Remember when this asso and both sides as well as Parker all promised industry leading? And only now some are finding out that the offer is not only industry lacking bt currently only in 3rd place. What happens after other airlines come to new agreements? Possibly 5th place? Not good guys. Hold them all to what they all promised. Good luck fellas. We all need it right now...

Yea. They just wanna play it off as no big deal. They will find out just how big it will get on T/A day won't they MM? Or they will sell it off as higher pay or benny's in lieu of jobs. The famous TWU/IAM way...

Last edited:
Yea. They just wanna play it off as no big deal. They will find out just how big it will get on T/A day won't they MM? Or they will sell it off as higher pay or benny's in lieu of jobs. The famous TWU/IAM way...

All I have to say about that is I am very thankful that the Line is stronger than TUL

Your not a amt at all so what’s your point. Swamt is a amt and is Input is welcomed. Unlike you twu payed troller

“You’re not an AMT at all, so what’s your point? Swamt is an AMT and his input is welcome. Unlike you, you TWU paid troller.”

When am I gonna get this check you keep telling me I’m supposed to get? How much am I supposed to get also?

And did they transfer you in from Aeroman BTW Coney?

Yes, industry lacking may be a much better description. I may have to use that in the future. Remember when this asso and both sides as well as Parker all promised industry leading? And only now some are finding out that the offer is not only industry lacking bt currently only in 3rd place. What happens after other airlines come to new agreements? Possibly 5th place? Not good guys. Hold them all to what they all promised. Good luck fellas. We all need it right now...
Well Swamt I can tell you this whoever is the highest, I was talking to some Delta AMTs they will have another raise shortly after that.

All I have to say about that is I am very thankful that the Line is stronger than TUL

Yes sir. That's the way it needs to be. I must say though, it did take some time to get there finally, congrats...

just posted on the fleet side too.
I have no confidence in our NC representatives. GP applied three times to be in management,
sito guy in bed with parker, The international side Alex Garcia nice guy maybe but clueless about airline issues, and the twu int pres well he's even more clueless about the airline business.
Who is our financial guy in the room to cost out items. The company has a slew of financial advisers to cost out different asks.

Cheap Medical or a Job?
Cheap Medical or a Job?
Cheap Medical or a Job?

Think I’d have to weigh on the side of having a Job myself.

But hey if that’s true, irrational or not. Maybe that Medical is extremely important to them and we shouldn’t make light of their tenacity to keep it. Gary did mention it in a video too BTW.
Not everybody has to make an "or" decision WeAAsles. Those people should not lower their standard of living to keep someone else on payroll.

How well has that tactic worked for the employees of American Airlines over the last 30 years?

Latest posts