Aircraft maint issues

Is it true that the IAM gets a 3% automatic raise if contract talks go past their ammendable date?

No. I did not find anything. Here is the language from the IAM M&R CBA. FYI all CBAs are available on Jetnet to research.

"
Base rates of pay effective 9/12/17 – In the event a JCBA at the New American Airlines has not been ratified prior to 9/12/17, a 1.5% increase to the base rates of pay will be applied and the amendable date of the agreement will become 9/12/18"

No. I did not find anything. Here is the language from the IAM M&R CBA. FYI all CBAs are available on Jetnet to research.

"
Base rates of pay effective 9/12/17 – In the event a JCBA at the New American Airlines has not been ratified prior to 9/12/17, a 1.5% increase to the base rates of pay will be applied and the amendable date of the agreement will become 9/12/18"
Thanks.

So if the TWU didn’t ask who’s fault is that?
Why would you guys not participate in a protest against your employer when you are part of this joint association bargaining unit. I guess if Parker takes care of the USair side, your side lets the other do the fighting and you just ride the coat tails. If the American mechanics ever wanted AMFA, if that's how the USair guys are, they couldn't count on your vote.

Why would you guys not participate in a protest against your employer when you are part of this joint association bargaining unit. I guess if Parker takes care of the USair side, your side lets the other do the fighting and you just ride the coat tails. If the American mechanics ever wanted AMFA, if that's how the USair guys are, they couldn't count on your vote.
The IAM will not protest with us, because they stand to loose some of what they have now. For at least another year they are paying 7% for their health care while we pay 22%. They get 10 holidays at double time while we get 5 at time and a half. they get 80 hours of sick time we get 40. When they go to training their per diem is more and paid to them before school.

The reason we have this association, is for the simple reason that if left to a vote for one union to be chosen, the TWU members have more votes and would easily have chosen the TWU. The IAM members did not want the TWU and could possibly have swung enough votes for AMFA. So to keep each of these unions on the property, they colluded to manipulate and keep control of the membership.
In our recent negotiations update we are told that they rehashed everything they have done so far. I believe that the union and the company have no sense of urgency to get a new deal done. They would have us believe that we need to put pressure on the company to get this deal done. What we need to do is tell this association that if we don't see a contract soon, we as members will show them and their internationals the door. We have the votes on the TWU side. Our stand needs to be we are mad as hell and we are not going to take it anymore, get us a contract or we will get someone who can.

Reactions: Kev3188

"

Hog, does this mean you guys received it already? 9-12-17? Or will it be applied on 9-12-18? Could this not be taken either way? If already applied where does that put you guys currently?
I remembered the 1.5% which took the place of what the IAM'ers had of 3%, correct?

Hog, does this mean you guys received it already? 9-12-17? Or will it be applied on 9-12-18? Could this not be taken either way? If already applied where does that put you guys currently?
I remembered the 1.5% which took the place of what the IAM'ers had of 3%, correct?

The raise was 9-12-17. The LUS CBA amendable date was pushed out to 9-12-18 since a JCBA was not reached. No more raises are scheduled.

Reactions: swamt
The IAM will not protest with us, because they stand to loose some of what they have now. For at least another year they are paying 7% for their health care while we pay 22%. They get 10 holidays at double time while we get 5 at time and a half. they get 80 hours of sick time we get 40. When they go to training their per diem is more and paid to them before school.

The reason we have this association, is for the simple reason that if left to a vote for one union to be chosen, the TWU members have more votes and would easily have chosen the TWU. The IAM members did not want the TWU and could possibly have swung enough votes for AMFA. So to keep each of these unions on the property, they colluded to manipulate and keep control of the membership.
In our recent negotiations update we are told that they rehashed everything they have done so far. I believe that the union and the company have no sense of urgency to get a new deal done. They would have us believe that we need to put pressure on the company to get this deal done. What we need to do is tell this association that if we don't see a contract soon, we as members will show them and their internationals the door. We have the votes on the TWU side. Our stand needs to be we are mad as hell and we are not going to take it anymore, get us a contract or we will get someone who can.
I suggest you try AMFA, but tell AMFA you want the USair IAM language, plus what you liked on the TWU side, and show the association the door.

And wait over five years for a new CBA with no end in sight?

No thanks.
We could've settled in 2016, selling language for money, or persued the med arb, again selling language for money. If I wait 8 more months, and keep my language I will happily wait. I have watched how the poor American guys complain about getting paid, but losing jobs. You sound like you don't want to even help them keep what they have, and you work there.

Reactions: 1AA
Would have, could have, and should have.

The Association has been negotiating for about two years on combining the two CBAs.

Only thing basically left is Wages, Scope, Retirement, Insurance and Premium Seniority.

We will have a finished product soon.

Your union has been in negotiations for over five years with no end in sight.

AA and US mechanics are frustrated with two years, how would they feel with going on over five years?

Your union has nothing to offer.

At WN and AS you outsource more maintenance than any other carrier, that’s not a selling point to me and many of my coworkers.

You do remember that AMFA’s CBA at AS let AS close OAK heavy maintenance, outsource it all and layoff 300 or so mechanics and AMFA still hasn’t been able to bring any heavy work back in-house.

During the IBT raid at US AMFA recieved only eight write in votes

I and many of my LUS coworkers will not vote to lose another pension.

Can anyone answer why we, the LUS Mechanics should take concessions while LAA Mechanics will receive gains while this company is making record profits?
Because your raping our company, us air was,is and will always be a piece of ****.the only reason you have a contract worth a **** is because Parker gave it to you to shut you up for support in the merger. Rest assured we will remember the support the iam leadership offered us in our fight.it will be remembered.

And Parker gave you a better deal to merge with US instead of being a stand alone AA.

And our Section 6 negotiations were put on hold so Parker could negotiate with a union and employees that didnt work for him.

So you wont support us LUS Mechanics for our Pension and Insurance, yet you want our Vacation, Sick Time, Overtime and Holidays.

Remember its a two way street.

Last edited:

Latest posts