Aircraft maint issues

The IAMNPF was not Terminated, if it was then you would have nothing to even consider as part of the contractual language. The IAM members do not own the IAMNPF. The IAM National Pension Fund is the 5th largest multiemployer pension fund in the United States. It has been to the PBGC and now finally in the Pension Green Zone. External Independent audits have place the IAMNPF in the Red Zone in the past, based on Actuarial versus Fair Market Value or reality. Why should the TWU members support the IAMNPF? As an IAM member are you willing to have our Frozen Pension turned back on and have the IAM fund it? Any funding used to support the IAMNPF is dollars that the TWU members lose. Maybe you believe that the TWU membership should share our Equity compensation?
One union one airline.

How did the IAM become a participant in the merger under the Railway Labor Act? The larger of the two unions should have been the only representitive. How did the two unions create the Association, without the memberships vote? It was all about Industrial Unionism and possibly Dual Unionism. These representitives are far past working for the membership, they are just businesses with the goal of dues generation.

Last edited:
And Parker gave you a better deal to merge with US instead of being a stand alone AA.

And our Section 6 negotiations were put on hold so Parker could negotiate with a union and employees that didnt work for him.

So you wont support us LUS Mechanics for our Pension and Insurance, yet you want our Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays.

Remember its a two way street.

Tom I’m curious. If the Company offered us a 9% 401k Match but in exchange your IAMPF was frozen would that be something that would interest you?

You did see the Company offer on Workbrain I assume.

Tom I’m curious. If the Company offered us a 9% 401k Match but in exchange your IAMPF was frozen would that be something that would interest you?

You did see the Company offer on Workbrain I assume.
Yes I saw the offer.

I would consider it after doing the math.

I have been in the IAMNPF for over eight years, really don’t want to have this pension frozen when our defined benefit plan was terminated in the second bankruptcy.

I have almost 29 years and I’m not to keen on financing my own retirement basically.

Yes I saw the offer.

I would consider it after doing the math.

I have been in the IAMNPF for over eight years, really don’t want to have this pension frozen when our defined benefit plan was terminated in the second bankruptcy.

I have almost 29 years and I’m not to keen on financing my own retirement basically.

Thanks. I was just curious.

And Parker gave you a better deal to merge with US instead of being a stand alone AA.

And our Section 6 negotiations were put on hold so Parker could negotiate with a union and employees that didnt work for him.

So you wont support us LUS Mechanics for our Pension and Insurance, yet you want our Vacation, Sick Time, Overtime and Holidays.

We had a lot of that in prior contracts.7 weeks of vacation, double and a half for holidays, 12 days of sick accrual, etc. So no we are not trying to get what you have. We want what we used to have.

Been at AA since 1986, so I've been around the block a few times and seen stuff taken away and with your boss stating that we won't ever loose money again, we should get all of that back and more. So if that happens, you will get what we get. In a nut shell, we will raise the tide that lifts your boat. I won't vote yes for anything less.

And we had plenty in our CBA before two chapter 11 cases also.

And he is your boss also.

And I dont see one US employee coming on here and disparaging AA employees for getting equity, yet numerous LAA mechanics come on here and disparage US Mechanics for our Holidays, and basically telling us that screw our pension and insurance.

Look at DFW GEN post earlier.

And we had plenty in our CBA before two chapter 11 cases also.

And he is your boss also.

And I dont see one US employee coming on here and disparaging AA employees for getting equity, yet numerous LAA mechanics come on here and disparage US Mechanics for our Holidays, and basically telling us that screw our pension and insurance.

Look at DFW GEN post earlier.
I think they just feel like they have no help from the IAM or the USair side in this fight.

Can anyone answer why we, the LUS Mechanics should take concessions while LAA Mechanics will receive gains while this company is making record profits?

"Remember its a two way street."

So you wont support us LUS Mechanics for our Pension and Insurance, yet you want our Vacation, Sick Time, Overtime and Holidays.

Why are you not protesting to keep the IAMNPF? Show some solidarity to at least make it seem as if you look like you are in support of the TWU members while carrying signs supporting your issue. My guess is the longer you show your weakness, the longer the Negotiations will go on. You again sow division when we are all one Union known as The Association or is it the LUS Mechanics want to fight the company alone.
Your "Two Way Street" could see Orange Traffic Cones. When these negotiations are over the TWU membership might just remember How you did not want them to have equal contracts. As for your IAMNPF, most here are to old to start anew and are going to select the 401k.

And that’s how we feel on the IAM/US side that we have no help in regard to our insurance and pension from the other side.
So then ask yourself this Tom instead of fighting about it, with no end in sight, come together and get a descent contract, like your pilots did, and got paid. If you don't I guarantee Parker and company will continue to play one side against another, your Association will continue to collect their money, and will be beyond 2018 for a contract.

Would have, could have, and should have.

The Association has been negotiating for about two years on combining the two CBAs.

Only thing basically left is Wages, Scope, Retirement, Insurance and Premium Seniority.

We will have a finished product soon.

Your union has been in negotiations for over five years with no end in sight.

AA and US mechanics are frustrated with two years, how would they feel with going on over five years?

Your union has nothing to offer.

At WN and AS you outsource more maintenance than any other carrier, that’s not a selling point to me and many of my coworkers.

You do remember that AMFA’s CBA at AS let AS close OAK heavy maintenance, outsource it all and layoff 300 or so mechanics and AMFA still hasn’t been able to bring any heavy work back in-house.

During the IBT raid at US AMFA recieved only eight write in votes

I and many of my LUS coworkers will not vote to lose another pension.
And let's not forget the IAM let the closure of Indy. Let's also not forget the TWU agreeing to the closure of AFW as well as the Engine shop. TWU also agreed to massive layoffs and relocations for thousands of members. Your pension is what ties and keeps you IAM. That's why they got your pension to you BUT controlled by the union, to keep you all handcuffed. LOL you guys just keep sucking up the union cool-aid don't you? 18,000 plus mechanics at AA at one time and now what? 6500-8500?

No shite sherloc. It does go both ways. Where in the hell is the support from you IAM'ers for the protesting the TWU is putting on? Huh? It goes both ways right? Jump on board then. Stop this MoFo rediculous us and them and get on board and support the TWU in their efforts to get an "industry leading contract" can you not do that? At least?? C'mon man...

The IAMNPF was not Terminated, if it was then you would have nothing to even consider as part of the contractual language. The IAM members do not own the IAMNPF. The IAM National Pension Fund is the 5th largest multiemployer pension fund in the United States. It has been to the PBGC and now finally in the Pension Green Zone. External Independent audits have place the IAMNPF in the Red Zone in the past, based on Actuarial versus Fair Market Value or reality. Why should the TWU members support the IAMNPF? As an IAM member are you willing to have our Frozen Pension turned back on and have the IAM fund it? Any funding used to support the IAMNPF is dollars that the TWU members lose. Maybe you believe that the TWU membership should share our Equity compensation?
One union one airline.

How did the IAM become a participant in the merger under the Railway Labor Act? The larger of the two unions should have been the only representitive. How did the two unions create the Association, without the memberships vote? It was all about Industrial Unionism and possibly Dual Unionism. These representitives are far past working for the membership, they are just businesses with the goal of dues generation.
Hear, Hear Buck!!! Great post brother...

Back