All Hot Meals Gone Domestically

Hope777 said:
JS, waiting to answers to the questions I asked.
[post="247004"][/post]​

No, I have not been on an aborted take-off. If you think that water bottles and pretzels are the only things that could fly around the cabin during an aborted take-off, I would have to disagree. People carry books, magazines, pens, all sorts of objects on the plane without stowing them in a locked suitcase in the overhead bin.

I understand everthing people bring on Board. However, I MUST AGREE WITH THE FAA HERE, it is not safe to add additional objects that can hurt you durring an Emergency. I am done with this topic.

Ed

And Jim now I know why I like you. And I can guess what Airline you worked for " WE CARE "

BoeingBoy said:
Let's see....

JS said:

"If the choice is Delta or US, it's Delta. If the choice is Southwest or US, it's Southwest. It's when the choice is AA, UA, NW or US, then I have to go with the least crappy choice, which would be US."

So that $12,000 travel budget and stack of boarding passes is meaningless to U if most of it is already spent other carriers.
Thought you picked WN over US....

Now I pick WN over US. Last year I didn't. In 2004 I spent the following:

AA $920
B6 $80
CO $290
DL $7,280
HP $60
LA $570
UA $570
US $2,270
WN $40

For 2005 I project the following:

AA 0
DL $10,000
UA 700
US 1400
WN 250
TZ 200

The only reason US is 1400 is because I already bought tickets for 2005 travel, some completed and some not yet. I expect 2006 to be a big fat ZERO on US.

Could it be that US was cheaper on the leg that WN served???

Nope, same price.

Sure sounds like someone who uses all the tricks to get the cheapest fare possible, yet complains the loudest when they aren't pampered.

I try to be pretty understanding, but frankly, if you were on one of my flights and I knew that you were saying the things you've said here to my flight attendants, you'd be looking for another way to get to your desired destination - preferably from some out of the way airport after I'd diverted to drop you off.

Jim
[post="247011"][/post]​

:rolleyes:

JS said:
For 2005 I project the following:

US 1400
WN 250

The only reason US is 1400 is because I already bought tickets for 2005 travel, some completed and some not yet. I expect 2006 to be a big fat ZERO on US.
Nope, same price.
[post="247016"][/post]​

A miserable $1400 and you think you can come on this board and b*tch and moan about our service. You can take your $1400 and stick it where the sun don't shine. We will not go out of business without your dirty money. Take it and p*ss off another airline.

JS said:
In 2004 I spent the following:

US $2,270

[post="247016"][/post]​

Heck, I spent more than that on UA last year.....the cost of 4 round trips GSO-CDG was worth the peace of mind of having a guaranteed seat.

Jim

ps - and when the F/A asked for my meal choice, I still told her I'd take whatever they had the most of....

PSA1979 said:
A miserable $1400 and you think you can come on this board and b*tch and moan about our service. You can take your $1400 and stick it where the sun don't shine. We will not go out of business without your dirty money. Take it and p*ss off another airline.
[post="247018"][/post]​

OK, then what is the price for issuing one's opinions on this board? $5,000? $100,000? I am curious what the cover charge is for usaviation.com.

JS said:
OK, then what is the price for issuing one's opinions on this board? $5,000? $100,000? I am curious what the cover charge is for usaviation.com.
[post="247020"][/post]​

Point is you couldn't have flown very many flights on US last year and won't this year to only spend what little you did. So that means you base your insults on the what 3, 4, 5 maybe trips you took. Come back when you are a big boy and spend $12,000 on US alone. Then you'd have something to complain about. Except then you'd see how hard we work and what a great group of employees we are. So, mister cry baby, like I said ............sun don't shine!

"I am curious what the cover charge is for usaviation.com."

For me personally (and if you don't want your opinions to be heatedly contested), a little logic, common sense, and courtesy....

If you don't like the FAR's, blame the FAA - I'll joing you when you say that some of their rules leave something to be desired. Don't blame the folks that try to abide by those rules because someone somewhere else didn't.

If you don't like the service guidelines, blame those who write them - I'll join you again if the changes you want make sense. Don't blame the people bound by those guidelines because some other carrier with different circumstances does it differently.

If you don't like the items we're catered with, blame those who make those decisions - I'll join you. Having individual water/juice portions makes sense for shorter flights (and we used to have just that). Just don't blame those who had no say in making those decisions and are doing the best they can with what they've been given.

Jim

PSA1979 said:
Point is you couldn't have flown very many flights on US last year and won't this year to only spend what little you did. So that means you base your insults on the what 3, 4, 5 maybe trips you took. Come back when you are a big boy and spend $12,000 on US alone. Then you'd have something to complain about. Except then you'd see how hard we work and what a great group of employees we are. So, mister cry baby, like I said ............sun don't shine!
[post="247021"][/post]​

Wrong again. 49 segments last year and 31 segments this year (approximately 12 and 8 round trips, respectively) plus one award ticket.

Funny, I spend so much more on Delta and rarely complain. I wonder why that is?

JS said:
Wrong again. 49 segments last year and 31 segments this year (approximately 12 and 8 round trips, respectively) plus one award ticket.

Funny, I spend so much more on Delta and rarely complain. I wonder why that is?
[post="247025"][/post]​

Because it is so much easier for bullies like you to pick on some one while they are down.
And if you spent an average of $45 each way, and the service was terrible or you got nothing to drink, then you really did get what you paid for. WalMart in the skies!

Almost every flight required a connection, sometimes two (CLT and then PIT to reach someplace like MGW). So, that's more like $200 per roundtrip -- not exactly Wal-Mart for a trip of 500 to 600 miles, huh?

I had one passenger if there was a snack from newark to charlotte. I said no but we did offer pretzels.He then asked if we sold beverages on board because the pretzels would make you thirsty.I hope nobody on top gets any idea and offers large bags of salty pretzels and then we charge for anything to drink.
:rolleyes: :shock: ;)

JS said:
Almost every flight required a connection, sometimes two (CLT and then PIT to reach someplace like MGW). So, that's more like $200 per roundtrip -- not exactly Wal-Mart for a trip of 500 to 600 miles, huh?
[post="247028"][/post]​

Let's see if you drove the 500 miles, it would have taken you about 7 1/2 hours and cost about $60 in gas. No flight attendants to complain about, only your own dull company. You could have gotten a beverage anytime you wanted and even a greasy hamburger, so you wouldn't have had to be indangered by a bag of pretzels and a flying bottle of water. And best of all we wouldn't be subjected to all your BS!

Latest posts