All Hot Meals Gone Domestically

With JS' attitude he wont be happy unless he gets his own personal slave on every flight.

With an attitude like his, please take your business elsewhere.

And you can always get you one of those hats with space for two drinks and a tube to drink out of them with if you don't want to carry an extra bag just for your drinks.

One time I flew from ATL to BQK on a 50 seat CRJ operated by ASA. Before take-off, the flight attendant passed out water and a snack to all the passengers. There was no service during the flight, and I don't know why (not bumpy but maybe we weren't going above 10,000 feet), but it was nice to have a beverage and a snack even if it's served in advance.

US could do the same thing on CLT-RDU or even CLT-GSO and PHL-BWI. Pass out bottles of water or OJ and a snack before take-off and let people do "self-serve" during the flight.

Presumably, that was done at the gate since the FAA frowns on doing it on taxi-out.

Given that, here's what you can do....

Get management to complete boarding 10-15 minutes before gate departure so there's time to do this on a Boeing or Airbus. Don't imply the F/A's are lazy.

Get management to cater with individual sized beverages, not the large water bottles we get now (since they're less costly). Don't imply the F/A's are lazy.

In short, complain to the people who can make a difference instead of flapping you jaw about union mentality or lazy F/A's.

Jim

Hope777 said:
JS, and that F/A on ASA broke the rules.  You CAN NOT have service items out and about the cabing prior to Takeoff and Landing.  Projectile Objects in the event of an Emergency are not good.
http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....6.7.18&idno=14
JS    Read Paragraph A, So since the F/A did you a favor, the Airline CAN BE FINED for what she did.
[post="246978"][/post]​

What are you, a narc? How can a bottle of water and a 10 gram package of pretzels possibly be a projectile when you're rolling down the taxiway at 15 knots? Is the plane suddenly going to lift up and then drop, bashing people's heads in with the 8 oz. water bottle and then suffocating them with the pretzels?

Maybe we should add beverages and snacks brought by passengers to the TSA prohibited items list. Just think of the danger presented by people who get out a non-approved beverage or snack item during take-off, endangering the lives of themselves and those around them! We are so lucky that no one has been killed by pretzels and water, and we must do whatever it takes to excise this tumor from our skies!

JS-

I have never said this to anyone but I sure do wish people like you WOULD take your "antics" elsewhere! Let Delta deal with you because you won't be missed at U. Now poof...be gone! :down:

whlinder said:
Just because you might not need to interline, it doesn't mean that no one wants/needs to interline.
[post="246989"][/post]​

That's not what I meant. I *wanted* to interline (actually intraline) and US failed.

I have interlined a few times before (not really, though, just buying tickets on two carriers and not telling them), and what I did was pick up my luggage and check it in again, giving myself enough time between flights to do that.

The one time I wanted to do this on a US-US itinerary, I went for the 45 minute layover, assuming that US would be able to check a bag through on their own metal, but that proved to be quite difficult.

I should add that one of the US flights was on a Southwest route. If I need to do that again, I will simply fly Southwest and then US, giving myself enough time to pick up the bag and check it in with US. No need to pay US for two tickets when the idiots can only deal with one at a time.

Hey JS, Take a hike. Have you ever been on an aircraft that aborted T/O at the very last second? At almost the point of lift off or you will not stop? When #### was flying around the cabin? That bottle of water at the force of 140 knotts hits very hard. So be the A$$ you want to be. But I'm sure you would be the one suing the Airline for having that bottle of water out in the first place.

Are we suppose to be impressed?

Take your whiny self to DL and stop bothering the good F/As of US Airways who follow the FARs and company policies.

Well, I figured you didn't mean that all interlining is useless, but you did say that. As you said, none of those situations you described are really interlining. You yourself interlined, using two different carriers, but none of those examples you gave involved interline ticketing or interline bag transfer.

You prorbably know this, but US and the other legacy carriers do this with hundreds of airlines worldwide, and it isn't utterly useless. It would be a pain in the ass to try to get anywhere outside the scope of one airline's route system if not for interline agreements.

If you want to say US is useless for checking bags to a final destination with two itineraries, that is your opinion.

If you have experience interlining from/to another carrier to/from US and want to say US is useless in providing that service, that is your opinion.

To declare all interlining on all airlines useless because US couldn't check your bag through within their own system, well thats just a little over the top.

JS said:
Do trolls have a stack of boarding passes and an annual travel budget of $12,000 (some leisure, mostly work)?
[post="246998"][/post]​

Let's see....

JS said:

"If the choice is Delta or US, it's Delta. If the choice is Southwest or US, it's Southwest. It's when the choice is AA, UA, NW or US, then I have to go with the least crappy choice, which would be US."

So that $12,000 travel budget and stack of boarding passes is meaningless to U if most of it is already spent other carriers.

JS said:
That's not what I meant. I *wanted* to interline (actually intraline) and US failed.

The one time I wanted to do this on a US-US itinerary, I went for the 45 minute layover, assuming that US would be able to check a bag through on their own metal, but that proved to be quite difficult.

I should add that one of the US flights was on a Southwest route. If I need to do that again, I will simply fly Southwest and then US, giving myself enough time to pick up the bag and check it in with US. No need to pay US for two tickets when the idiots can only deal with one at a time.
[post="246992"][/post]​

Thought you picked WN over US....

Could it be that US was cheaper on the leg that WN served???

Sure sounds like someone who uses all the tricks to get the cheapest fare possible, yet complains the loudest when they aren't pampered.

I try to be pretty understanding, but frankly, if you were on one of my flights and I knew that you were saying the things you've said here to my flight attendants, you'd be looking for another way to get to your desired destination - preferably from some out of the way airport after I'd diverted to drop you off.

Jim

Latest posts