Allegheny County Official Sends Letter To Us

calibrator said:
Talk about calling the kettle black...you were planning on leaving anyway and now that you know you are, for sure,  you ‘re looking for a way out to make yourself look good to all those people you worship your behind....
Be honest and tell it like it is,  you’re human like all the other employees and can’t take what is being shoved down their collective throats. You are already gone and you know it, so make it official instead of playing games.
[post="255034"][/post]​

Drop dead Cav,

I have no intentions of caring on some kind of "sick" friendship with you. If you start trying to get personal with me, we will both get thrown off.

And "Calibrator" is the only way you can still stay on here for free.

USA320Pilot said:
I do not like sending any American job offshore, but Wagner could have privately sent his letter to Lakefield. Why was it a press release? He is an politician looking for votes, which is self-serving.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="254971"][/post]​

umm,

So? I never understood this criticism of politicians. Don't businesses want customers? Don't employees want a paycheck? Don't scientists want to solve problems? Don't puzzle-solver's want to solve puzzles? Don't football players want their team to win? Don't you want food when you're hungry? Don't people who play Everquest want their character to 'level up'?

What in the hell is wrong with a politician wanting votes?

Heinrich said:
umm,

So? I never understood this criticism of politicians. Don't businesses want customers? Don't employees want a paycheck? Don't scientists want to solve problems? Don't puzzle-solver's want to solve puzzles? Don't football players want their team to win? Don't you want food when you're hungry? Don't people who play Everquest want their character to 'level up'?

What in the hell is wrong with a politician wanting votes?
[post="255046"][/post]​

He just took office. He already had the votes. B)

USA320Pilot said:
I do not like sending any American job offshore, but Wagner could have privately sent his letter to Lakefield. Why was it a press release? He is an politician looking for votes, which is self-serving.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="254971"][/post]​

Bahahahahahahaaha. You're killing me man! Baahahahahaaaa.

USA320Pilot said:
[post="254971"][/post]​

Perhaps because he was elected to represent (in order) his district as a state senator and subsequently the commonwealth?

He's right. That said, he's a better man than I--as someone who still pays PA taxes (albeit as an expat), I'd simply have given US the finger.

700UW said:
They do fly into RDU, very close by.
[post="255038"][/post]​

Yes they do and we are very happy they are here. And just as happy DL, AA, NW, US, UA, FL, CO and HP are here too!. I like Wal-Mart too, but I don't want it to be my only choice in a place to shop. Lack of competition breeds greed.

Hawk said:
This isn't political. It is about reducing costs and attracting equity investors so Airways can get out of BK and survive. The company is heading in the right direction with a solid leadership team and a great group of hard working and dedicated employees. We must focus on the future and work together as a unified team.
[post="254983"][/post]​

Isn't the name of the company "USAIRWAYS". I noticed the the "US" has been dropped from the reference to the company.

"SOLID LEADERSHIP" what kind of leadership makes a move like this in the face of all job cuts and pay cuts of it's employees. You've got a bunch of grifters and used car salesmen down there at Crystal City running the company. A leadership that knows they got a problem with staffing in PHL and throws it's employees under the bus. NICE.

"We must focus on the future and work together as a unified team." Se habla Englis?

What's next guest workers?

PITbull said:
ANY COMPANY THAT PARTICIPATES IN 'OUTSOURCING' JOBS OFF SHORE SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED, AND NO U.S. CITIZEN SHOULD SPEND THEIR EARNED DOLLARS BUYING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE FROM A COMPANY THAT OURSOURCES JOBS!
[post="255014"][/post]​
At this point, that would pretty much preclude all of us from doing much of anything. :blink: Where would you go to buy anything at all?

"ANY COMPANY THAT PARTICIPATES IN 'OUTSOURCING' JOBS OFF SHORE SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED, AND NO U.S. CITIZEN SHOULD SPEND THEIR EARNED DOLLARS BUYING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE FROM A COMPANY THAT OURSOURCES JOBS!"

This thinking is terribly flawed. How many Airbus or Embraer (or other) aircraft does this airline fly? USAir would have to shut down immediately if this advice was followed.

blueoceans said:
"ANY COMPANY THAT PARTICIPATES IN 'OUTSOURCING' JOBS OFF SHORE SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED, AND NO U.S. CITIZEN SHOULD SPEND THEIR EARNED DOLLARS BUYING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE FROM A COMPANY THAT OURSOURCES JOBS!"

This thinking is terribly flawed. How many Airbus or Embraer (or other) aircraft does this airline fly? USAir would have to shut down immediately if this advice was followed.
[post="255386"][/post]​
don't dare call verizon wireless for your cell phone or dell for your computer....lol

Grandstanding. US Airways is in a fight for its life. Nothing it is doing is pleasant, but its chances of long-term survival are dicey at best, it absolutely has to take such actions.

700UW said:
PITTSBURGH, March 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Following is the text of a letter
sent today by Pennsylvania Auditor General Jack Wagner to Bruce Lakefield, US
Airways' chief executive officer:

Mr. Lakefield,

As a customer, taxpayer and elected officer of the Commonwealth of
Pennsylvania, charged with monitoring the spending of state money, I am deeply
disturbed by newspaper accounts of your airline's plan to outsource to Central
America hundreds of good-paying jobs - including those from a reservations
center in Green Tree.

PR Newswire Story
[post="254922"][/post]​