Today's Interesting News

Crzipilot,

It's not specified whether these 3 CRJ's are part of, or in addition to, the GE financed ones. Purely my assumption - they're separate since the financing is different.

funguy2,

Probably badly phrased on my part. From a preliminary scan, it appears the delivery positions are effectively cancelled (other than the 6 covered by the agreement which is presumably the ones already built) with new delivery positions to be determined later. So to rephrase it, the orders stand with delivery schedule in limbo. But if you get the chance, I'd appreciate your take on the agreements.

Jim

AP Tech said:
They are discussing the Delta fare cuts on CNBC as we speak and saying it may lead to the demise of USAirways.
[post="235750"][/post]​
From what understand Southwest has already cut some of its fares. Lower airfares coupled with the high price of fuel, how can U possibly survive?

tug_slug said:
From what understand Southwest has already cut some of its fares. Lower airfares coupled with the high price of fuel, how can U possibly survive?
[post="235768"][/post]​
How can any airline survive with those ingredients? SW is starting to feel the pricing pressures as the majors finally "get it" and have to start reducing their pricing to something more realistic. In fact, while the first 9 months of 2004 vs. the first 9 months of 2003 saw a $455M operating revenue increase for LUV, the net income actually went from $376M ot $258M - a reduction of $118M. The high fuel prices will catch up with them because the lower hedged fuel prices won't last forever.

On the other hand, the recent bonuses they handed out to some execs totalling $1.4M collectively is a pittance compared to how US executives have been compensated, so you can start to see where LUV's priorities are over U's when it comes to fair pay.

IMHO right now WN is out buying marketshare, waiting for someone (UA, US, DL, DH) to crumble and then with their marketshare power they will have enough pricing power to make some serious $$$.

Associated Press
Estimated Airline Revenue Shortfalls
Wednesday January 5, 12:25 pm ET
By The Associated Press
Estimated Revenue Shortfalls for Major Airlines in 2005

Estimated revenue shortfalls for major airlines in 2005, based on industrywide adoption of Delta's overhauled fare structure, which reduced some fares by as much as 50 percent. Industrywide domestic revenue totaled about $70 billion in 2004.
AMR Corp. (American Airlines) - $600 million

Continental Airlines Inc. - $250 million

Delta Air Lines Inc. - $600 million

Northwest Airlines Co. - $400 million

UAL Corp. (United Airlines) - $500 million

US Airways Group Inc. - $200 million

Source: Merrill Lynch

BillLumbergh said:
Ummm....He posted excerpts and posted the link to the article. More than I can say about your postings.
[post="235679"][/post]​

Mr. Lumbergh,

I see that not only do you run an unfair board, but you lie as well!

The last thread I had deleted, began the very same way. With a partial quote following the listing of it's source. I'm sure if you cared, you could dig back in the files, and prove this. However, I highly doubt you care about fairness!

Delete my topics, but don't call me a lier!