Allegheny County Official Sends Letter To Us

Hawk,

Can you be more specific on how USAirways is heading in the right direction or are you going to post this generic holy grail and clam up and disappear?

Hey Hawk,

How about that DOT Inspector General's report, all the hard working and dedicated employees are waiting for you and your cohorts to take out full page ads and issue an apology.

If you want to save some money, why not cut the executive salaries and tie them to the financial and operational performance of the company?

Like make Crellin pay his $300K+ back since the PHL meltdown and while your at it, maybe terminate all the exective pension plans and turn them over to the PBGC, and get a DCP for 3% like you forced upon those hard working and dedicated employees.

Another way to recoup $6 million is go to Judge Mitchell and recover Siegel's severance package, that the company told everyone that was only worth $4.5 million and while you are at it how about recovering another $1.5 million by asking Judge Mitchell to recover Cohen's severence too!

This isn't political. It is about reducing costs and attracting equity investors so Airways can get out of BK and survive. The company is heading in the right direction with a solid leadership team

I'll agree. It isn't political. The airline with the highest proportion of its money being contributed to GOP candidates in the last election year is the company making money, not considering hiring rez agents in El Salvador or India or Burkina Faso, and paying its people well. It also forgot to lay anyone off in the post 911 slump.

Attracting equity investors? How about "we've chopped the wages to Burger King and Wendy's levels so maybe now we can get Orenstein to buy us out and we can walk away with a pile of money"? Nobody with a lick of sense is going to put money into this dog with the current management at the controls. Better to set your money on fire or flush it down the commode. Now, that isn't to say that U won't get some money...there are lots of people out there without a lick of sense.

Solid leadership team? Are you on drugs? Just what part of the expression INCOMPETENT BOOBSdo you not really understand?

work together as a unified team.

I will give your management some small credit. They understand that there is no "I" in team. However, they are great practitioners of the fact that there is a "M" and a "E".

Hawk said:
This isn't political. It is about reducing costs and attracting equity investors so Airways can get out of BK and survive. The company is heading in the right direction with a solid leadership team and a great group of hard working and dedicated employees. We must focus on the future and work together as a unified team.
[post="254983"][/post]​
I hope you and your families jobs go overseas next. We'll see if you sing the same tune then.

USA320Pilot said:
I do not like sending any American job offshore, but Wagner could have privately sent his letter to Lakefield. Why was it a press release? He is an politician looking for votes, which is self-serving.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="254971"][/post]​

Why shouldn't the outsourcing of AMERICAN jobs to a 3rd world country be made public?? The PUBLIC needs to know this is going on more and more. You need a reality check. Maybe when your job is outscourced, god help us, you'll wake up.

And no he's not looking for votes. It's not election time, yet. But I will remember this come election time for certain.

Hawk said:
This isn't political. It is about reducing costs and attracting equity investors so Airways can get out of BK and survive. The company is heading in the right direction with a solid leadership team and a great group of hard working and dedicated employees. We must focus on the future and work together as a unified team.
[post="254983"][/post]​

how in the he!! can we work together when there are a total of 26 cities going out the door by the way of outsourcing? i am sorry but i will not be around this airline when they re-emerge from ch11. hawk, you must be in mgmt. if so why not tell the criminals running the outfit to apologize for the christmas meltdown and to take back every bit dime they gave to the crooks ranging from stephen wolf to bruce lakefield and all in between, get rid of their pensions, retirment plans, and the whole 9 yards. and while at it fire all at the top.

USA320Pilot said:
I do not like sending any American job offshore, but Wagner could have privately sent his letter to Lakefield. Why was it a press release? He is an politician looking for votes, which is self-serving.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="254971"][/post]​

I think it is a great letter and very supportative of the folks in PA who have supported this airline for decades. Lakefield will ignore anything and anybody who writes to him privately. The point is to make it PUBLIC. Outsourcing jobs off shore is just plain wrong!

Outsourcing has become a huge "big deal" in the US and its high time our political elected leaders stop looking the other way while corporations "outsource" jobs to other countries, destroying the infrastructure of our Nation.

ANY COMPANY THAT PARTICIPATES IN 'OUTSOURCING' JOBS OFF SHORE SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED, AND NO U.S. CITIZEN SHOULD SPEND THEIR EARNED DOLLARS BUYING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE FROM A COMPANY THAT OURSOURCES JOBS!.

That is the profound message that was sent by the Attorney General.

Among many other issues, I am having a very hard time working for a company and a managment team that makes the decision to outsource jobs, and I, too, am angonizing over staying here.

PS: The communications writer for Jack Wagner is none other than our own Steve Halvonik who left the Pittsburgh Tribune to work for Jack Wagner.

"Way to go" Steve! :up:

PITbull said:
ANY COMPANY THAT PARTICIPATES IN 'OUTSOURCING' JOBS OFF SHORE SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED, AND NO U.S. CITIZEN SHOULD SPEND THEIR EARNED DOLLARS BUYING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE FROM A COMPANY THAT OURSOURCES JOBS!.
[post="255014"][/post]​
We'd all be running around buck naked. Where exactly are clothes made in this country anymore?

I don't know exactly what Hawk does down at CCY, but there are certainly CCY employees who could be outsourced.

Hawk said:
[post="254983"][/post]​
guess you're refering to the pyrotechnicians in PHL who take joy and pleasure in torching ground equipment and breakrooms??

I know repeet, he is not a coward nor is he a company suck up and was very boisterous during the airbus dispute, he attended "band practice" and the rally that was held in CLT.

As a matter of fact his shop was being threatened to be moved because they were working by the book and production was at a standstill.

The Airbus are no longer being farmed out.

You could not be anymore wrong about repeet.

Hawk said:
[post="254983"][/post]​

I hope your jobs next...!!

SL

PITbull said:
Among many other issues, I am having a very hard time working for a company and a managment team that makes the decision to outsource jobs, and I, too, am angonizing over whether to stay here... may be rendering my resignation and separating from this company as well..

[post="255014"][/post]​
Talk about calling the kettle black...you were planning on leaving anyway and now that you know you are, for sure, you ‘re looking for a way out to make yourself look good to all those people you worship your behind....

Be honest and tell it like it is, you’re human like all the other employees and can’t take what is being shoved down their collective throats. You are already gone and you know it, so make it official instead of playing games.

Hmm, Is Southwest flying into INT or even GSO anytime soon, no... Well, there's your answer Mr. politician

Latest posts

Back