Alpa Blocking Of Retired Pilots

2BorNot2B

Senior
Jul 6, 2005
Could anyone explain why the USAirways ALPA MEC has elected to block Retired Pilots' access to the USAirways ALPA website! This is an extreme disservice to those that were loyal dues paying and active members for so many years! This upcoming merger is critical for all of us .... and Retirees need to be informed as to what is happening!

:down:

Don't know why MEC is blocking retired pilots but I figured I didn't need to stick around after 17 years with no future in sight. ( Rsv in phl commuting to IL) Alpa cut me off within the first week and beat USAir by a week on catcrew. They cut everything like I didn't exist within 1 week. If you're even thinking of leaving I would quit paying dues long before you quit because ALPA just doesn't care if you're not giving them $$$.

Long gone and no regrets....

that sounds like a typical union whereas you pay dues and get no service unless you have 25 or more yrs with them. sad. it also sounds like a lawsuit could be needed against alpa and maybe the airline.

robbedagain said:
that sounds like a typical union whereas you pay dues and get no service unless you have 25 or more yrs with them.  sad.  it also sounds like a lawsuit could be needed against alpa and maybe the airline.
[post="293564"][/post]​

You mean: "yet ANOTHER lawsuit."

There are several lawsuits filed by members against ALPA and the company winding their way through federal courts already. Some claim RICO charges with smoking gun evidence to back it up.

Should be interesting as these suits "ripen." The courts move slowly and quietly until the fecal matter finally hits the fan.

There has been an ongoing problem with retiree’s backed by the RC4 posting false and damaging information on the AAA Message Board. ALPA does not represent the retiree’s and could not take action against these individuals. In addition, ALPA National informed the Communications Committee and MEC that this could be cause for future legal problems for the Association.

After a thorough debate on the subject the Boston Captain Rep. initiated a resolution to ban retiree’s, which was approved by the MEC.

For more information on the resolution and action retiree’s can the Communications Committee through the MEC office.

Unfortunately a few bad apples ruined it for the majority.

Regards,

USA320Pilot