US Airways ALPA PHL Council 41 Update

Thanks for collecting my opus on this board. I didn't realize that I had so many pearls of wisdom.

I will point out that, whether you agree with my opinions or not, that I am fairly consistent and my analysis is usually on target.

Where I come from, we call your statements pompous and the height of hypocrisy. Your attempt at using words like opus and pearls of wisdom, shows your elitism side.

Techboy discription

Been flying the line for a few days. Glad to see you East boys are keeping it going here on the WAR boards. Really enjoyed CLT and can't wait to upgrade there, just kidding. Give it a rest.

Council 41 owes America an apology IMMEDIATELY! These clowns have the nerve to compare their displeasure with the award to the Holocaust!!! You guys are a bunch of despicable characters that are a disgrace to your profession and Country. I am truly embarrassed and ashamed for all C41 ALPA members.

Your “holocaustâ€￾ is nothing more than a petty little blip in your petty little lives. All of you (C41 reps) have lost touch with reality and have plunged to immoral depths unknown to professional pilots until now. You guys will truly go down in history as the most vicious unsavory characters ever voted into office.

I am taking steps to contact organizations that expose individuals/organizations for using the holocaust as a basis for self-serving needs or unjustly comparison.

Please pass this message on to all in C41.

US Airways ALPA PHL Council 41 Update - June 4, 2007

We highly encourage you to appropriately vacate Mr. Nicolau’s Arbitration Award as currently published and to do so without delay. The award, as it stands, represents nothing less than a holocaust – to both pre-merger US Airways pilots and, ultimately our association. The only thing worse would be if this board failed to correct it.

Signed,

Capt. Eric Rowe, PHL LEC 41 Chairman
F/O David Ciabattoni, PHL LEC 41 Vice-Chairman
F/O James Portale, PHL LEC 41 Secretary/Treasurer

Council 41 owes America an apology IMMEDIATELY! These clowns have the nerve to compare their displeasure with the award to the Holocaust!!!

hol·o·caust /ˈhɒləˌkɔst, ˈhoʊlə-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hol-uh-kawst, hoh-luh-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a great or complete devastation or destruction, esp. by fire.
2. a sacrifice completely consumed by fire; burnt offering.
3. (usually initial capital letter) the systematic mass slaughter of European Jews in Nazi concentration camps during World War II (usually prec. by the).
4. any mass slaughter or reckless destruction of life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1200–50; ME < LL holocaustum (Vulgate) < Gk holókauston (Septuagint), neut. of holókaustos burnt whole. See holo-, caustic]

—Related forms
hol·o·caus·tal, adjective
hol·o·caus·tic, adjective

Settle down. Common usage in reference to the actual events of the late 30s and early 40s use that word with a capital "H".

Greeter

Where I come from, we call your statements pompous and the height of hypocrisy. Your attempt at using words like opus and pearls of wisdom, shows your elitism side.
If you think I'm pompous -- fine, whatever. But what is the basis for "height of hypocrisy"?

Thanks for collecting my opus on this board. I didn't realize that I had so many pearls of wisdom.

I will point out that, whether you agree with my opinions or not, that I am fairly consistent and my analysis is usually on target.
Your posts condemn childish actions by using childish school yard terms.

I can see how the WEST thinks DOH is a windfall, I agree that all Captains should remain Captains, and all FOs remain FOs. I thought the ratio should have been DOH

ie. All 757 FOs remain FOs on the 757, but instead of doing a ratio, it should have gone DOH within the group placing the most senior pilots at the top of that particular aircraft.

I can see how the WEST thinks DOH is a windfall, I agree that all Captains should remain Captains, and all FOs remain FOs. I thought the ratio should have been DOH

ie. All 757 FOs remain FOs on the 757, but instead of doing a ratio, it should have gone DOH within the group placing the most senior pilots at the top of that particular aircraft.

hmm, so the senior most AWA FO, who was about to upgrade to captain, should suddenly have hundreds of USAir FOs put on a list ahead of him? I don't think so.....

I don't need my gluteus_Maximus kissed everyday. Once every two weeks is enough! But thank you for your generous offer. If it's OK with you I prefer that you start on the Left cheek and work your way across.

Again many thanks for you concern and offer.

Bob, a quick glance at my posts show no concern or offer, just an observation of your begging. Your words prove an intimate knowledge of experience in this. I have nothing against your alternative life style though.

Council 41 owes America an apology IMMEDIATELY! These clowns have the nerve to compare their displeasure with the award to the Holocaust!!! You guys are a bunch of despicable characters that are a disgrace to your profession and Country. I am truly embarrassed and ashamed for all C41 ALPA members.

Your “holocaustâ€￾ is nothing more than a petty little blip in your petty little lives. All of you (C41 reps) have lost touch with reality and have plunged to immoral depths unknown to professional pilots until now. You guys will truly go down in history as the most vicious unsavory characters ever voted into office.

I am taking steps to contact organizations that expose individuals/organizations for using the holocaust as a basis for self-serving needs or unjustly comparison.

Please pass this message on to all in C41.
Holy Moley!

These guys really DO scare you, don't they? I'm sure you'll find CLT to be a haven of friendly faces! They have always been afraid of the PHL reps.

Remember, when you get to CLT, just vote YES on everything! You'll fit right in!

ussnark,

I don't think for a minute any pilot would fly a plane which has been written up for something covered by MEL or which would possibly endanger anyone. And if there are safety issues in ANY aspect of the operation they need to come front and center without delay.

I think we all know what I am talking about--and right or wrong, and I stand by my original comments.

Again, I am not trying to be argumentative, but we (customers) are caught in the middle here, and you all need to know we don't like it, and we will likely go elsewhere SOON if things don't get better real fast.

SOMEONE needs to step up and find a way to fix this--and my biggest issue is that the parties involved seem more intent on fighting with each other than doing that.....it seems like no one cares about anything else than fingerpointing and blaming each other...
If you don't fix this soon it will be a moot point.

I wish you ALL the best, and hope this works out--but we're not going to remain stuck in the middle here....

And, LCC is anything but--they may have low costs (too low, since they have to spend triple the amount to fix the mistakes), but they are certainly NOT low fare.......

Ugh..another one threatening to 'take their business elsewhere' ...but never does <_<

There is no penalty for hypocrisy Bob, like there is no penalty to begging on a daily basis to have your gluteus_maximus kissed by a company and its employees on a message board.
gluteus maximus

Wow!! Impressive....very impressive.

And just how do you know that? You've no earthly idea what you're talking about.

I've flown other carriers this year and if Art wants you to know I'm sure he will inform you in his own gracious way.

FFOCUS has passed another Milestone. We now are 800 strong and growing daily.

Passed another milestone??...or was that a kidney stone?? 800 strong and growing daily.....and all threatening to leave and "go elsewhere" <_<

Wow!! Impressive....very impressive.
Passed another milestone??...or was that a kidney stone?? 800 strong and growing daily.....and all threatening to leave and "go elsewhere" <_<

Ummm...and you'll be thrilled when they actually leave? Why won't they eventually do exactly that when it best suits their needs?

It's getting quite interesting, we took an internal survey and all I feel comfortable saying is that if demographicly speaking we represent an accurate cross section of the FF'er population, it ain't looking so good come 2008.

While I've never gotten a "Hard" number part of the initial problem was that HP didn't have near the number of top elites that US East did and does bring to the table.

This is really the fundamental issue that permeates all the way down to the pilots and even the G/A's. Different culture, different expectations and a management team that until recent times has failed to grasp this fundamental difference. It's not a new thing. Talk to the old PSA folks and ask how they were integrated into what was then US Air?

Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them and if our friends in the sandcastle don't wake up to that fact very soon, US Will join the ranks of dear departed airlines in short order.

Do you think the rank and file of FF's would return, after bailing out, if the operation began to turn the corner - either because Team Tempe finally saw the light, or because the BOD finally turned off the light on this management team?