Alpa Code-a-phone Update - August 30, 200

fatburger said:

8 hours of rest will not sink the company. The PIT f/o rep made a good judgement call and I commend him. I hope you don't let emotion get in the way of you doing your job like it does with your postings.

-fatburger-
[post="174044"][/post]​

I just don't see an unusual amount of 'emotion' in USA320's posts. At least not recently, and certainly not compared to others.

WHEN ALPA gets a better deal, I would like to see an apology from these same guys and Mec chair.

I hope the other UNIONS have Leaders like the RC/4. :up: :up:

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the MEC directs the Negotiating Committee to continue table discussions with management in order to secure the best T/A that is achievable.

So now, with this public but not yet enacted, if the company's negotiators see the ALPA negotiators at the table they will have carte blanche to dictate what will be a truly memorable contarct. Let me guess, an amenable date of 12/31/2012?

What a bunch of wimps.

IAM SIT UP AND TAKE NOTICE-THIS IS HOW IT WILL FEEL :mf_boff: :mf_boff:

MODERATOR'S NOTE: IS QUOTING A 60 LINE THREAD NECESSARY WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO PROVIDE A ONE LINE, OFF-HAND, REMARK?
POSTERS NOTE: IN MY OPINION,YES.

jack mama said:
What are the major differences in the offers that is stopping it from going out for a vote?
[post="174069"][/post]​

Pension issues, length of the contract and associated returns.

I see no management types giving up any pensions.

Pressure is what is applied when fear is present. No fear No pressure.

mr

The MEC was in recess for over 24 hours and did not reconvene until 6:00 p.m. Then after 5.5 hours of work the PIT F/O needed a break. I wish I only had to work 5.5 hours.

The PIT F/O's move was political in nature to permit the RC4 to caucus because we are at the 11:00 hour.

Late last night the MEC debated a resolution that was placed on the code-a-phone that MEC took no action on and adjourned the meeting. The meeting reconvened this morning and the Pittsburgh Captain Rep proffered the following resolution, which was unanimously passed by the MEC.

The resolution above was passed by acclimation and the Negotiating Committee has now been charged to discuss pilot participation in the Transformation Plan with no restrictions. The resolution is as follows:

WHEREAS the MEC has received the Negotiating Committee’s report, and

WHEREAS it is incumbent upon the MEC to provide direction to the Negotiating Committee as to how best to proceed in these negotiations, and

Whereas the company’s last offer has been reviewed by the MEC and found to be unanimously unacceptable, and

WHEREAS it is in the best interest of the pilot group that a negotiated settlement be reached,

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the MEC directs the Negotiating Committee to continue table discussions on the basis of the August 28, 2004 ALPA proposal, and

BEIT FINALLY RESOLVED as any agreement deviates further from the above proposal, the likelihood of failure at the MEC level increases exponentially.

After passing the resolution the MEC went into recess at the “call of the chairâ€￾. Furthermore, all members of the MEC and NC now believe we are at the 11:00 hour. It is imperative that all pilots monitor ALPA communications and come to the Key Bridge Marriott in Washington for the resumption of business. There is no question in my mind that this pilot group, this airline, and 28,000 employees and their families are at a crossroads.

Later today there will be an interesting code-a-phone to update the membership from an official position.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
The MEC was in recess for over 24 hours and did not reconvene until 6:00 p.m. Then after 5.5 hours of work the PIT F/O needed a break. I wish I only had to work 5.5 hours.

The PIT F/O's move was political in nature to permit the RC4 to caucus because we are at the 11:00 hour.

[post="174085"][/post]​

He is doing what he thinks is best to represent his council. If he wanted to recess and caucus with those of a similar mind so be it. Not rushing to act can be a good thing. Suprising that a pilot doesn't know that. You say it is poitical because you don't agree with is, and maybe so since everything is political in nature.

On the flips side those with the opisite opinion could say the RO8 are sniveling, spineless, scumsuck boottlikers that will rollover on anybody and anything just out of the threat of negative consequences and Pollock's update and the joint council letter is political in nature to server their interests.

So at least be honest and say it is all political and there are two competing idealogies. You obviously agree with one and think you are righ. So does everybody on the other side of the argument. The PIT FO's reps actions are no more political than Pollock's or the RO8.

USA320Pilot said:

By the number of posts on these boards and the frequecies you don't !!!!

USA320Pilot said:
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the MEC directs the Negotiating Committee to continue table discussions on the basis of the August 28, 2004 ALPA proposal, and

[post="174085"][/post]​

Gee Captain, notice any significant change in the section I quoted here and the section I quoted at 0747? Perhaps that recess improved the instructions a wee bit?

'Spoken like a bunch of true Nancy Boys. "

What year is it? Is this airline still flying DC-3's? Absolutely amazing.

Latest posts