Discord Grows In Airline Talks

USA320Pilot said:
Every ALPA financial and legal advisor told the MEC "open session" that if an agreement is not reached, whether its due to a "roll call" or other vote, would likely cause a rapid liquidation of the airline.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="175118"][/post]​

How many of those advisors are PIT or PHL based pilots? If the answer is "less than a solid majority of both" then it matters not--the RC4 controls AAA ALPA--all the hand wringing and spin in the world is not going to change that.

ITRADE said:
Its pretty easy to get from DCA to the Key Bridge Marriott. Get on the Blue Line, pay a measly $1.35 to $1.50 for the fare, and go 5 stops to Rosslyn. If you can't negotiate that traverse, you should consider turning in your pilot wings.
[post="175212"][/post]​

That's the easy part. Non-revving to DC (or anywhere else on U!); now THAT's hard. Never seen such load factors!

Here's a basic summary of today's loads from PIT to DCA:

F7 P7 A7 Y7 B7 H7 Q7 V7 M7 W7 L7 S7 T7

Basically the same on EVERY flight. The seat mapper showed me about 40 open seats on the 3:40 departure alone.

Its not that tough.

SalesGuyCCY said:
The pilots in PIT and the other big cities cannot be STUPID can they?? Would they rather see the company go into Chapter 11 and risk liquidation? Do they really think they'll get a better deal there?!? Come on folks, say what you want about management, but the fact is, with no concessions from ALL parties, the company is done SOON. Its the way it is, it is the way the industry is going! Get with the program or get out!!!
[post="175122"][/post]​
if we're going down...lets get it over with so many can move on.this has been like having a relative on life support for many years.we need closure.

0689833164.gif

delldude said:
if we're going down...lets get it over with so many can move on.this has been like having a relative on life support for many years.we need closure.
[post="175279"][/post]​
I'll second that motion, Dell :up: There is no oxygen left in the tanks, DON"T fill them back up again!!!!!! :angry: GOOD DAY!!!!!

networking said:
Lakefield has recently quoted to the public that liquidation is not in the plans. This is fear tactics being used to move the unions. It is funny how the company shouts the word liquidation to the employees, but vehemently denies it to the media.
[post="175178"][/post]​

Unfortunately, Lakefield's boss, the chairman of the board, David Bronner, has noted its possibility.

If my boss told me that my job was on the line, I'd be doing everything I could to prevent that outcome too... Including telling the employees whatever I had to say to keep the place running.

At this point, I don't know which one to believe over the other, and it really doesn't matter, because the financial numbers support the case for liquidation.

EyeInTheSky said:
Freshwater for President!! Finally, a person with a backbone!!! Full pay to the last day.

You missed this:

"...The Pennsylvania representatives hold only four votes, but that's sufficient to veto any agreement they don't like, Freshwater said.

If any of the four Pennsylvania delegates demands a roll-call vote, then the proportional weight of each MEC vote is considered. Thus, the Pennsylvania delegation would hold a voting majority because they represent more than 50 percent of the union rank and file. ..."
[post="175113"][/post]​

This entire past two years is all about UNION BUSTING EVERY LAST DAMN ONE OF OUR UNIONS. Don't delude yourself to think otherwise.God Bless Freshwater!!!

He holds much respect and much weight from the AFA Pittsburgh President of Local 40. There is no finer man with courage, intelligence...along with Brookman. Local 40 AFA members receive Freshwaters E-lines to the pilots, so they too can be educated on what is going on with the pilots. Their agreement/proposals have a direct effect on the flight attendants proposals..

I SALUTE YOU FRED FRESHWATER; WHAT EVER DECISION YOU MAKE ON BEHALF OF YOUR MEMBERS IN PITTSBURGH WILL SURELY BE THEIR VOICE.

There is NO LIQUIDATION of USAirways now or in the future. This board has approved a major operation to begin in FLL which will take million and millions of dollars. These investors know they have a gold mine in USAIRWAYS. They have bet that the unions will all circum to threats and work on the cheap! They have bet their millions and millions of their dollars of investment.

PITbull said:

There is NO LIQUIDATION of USAirways now or in the future. This board has approved a major operation to begin in FLL which will take million and millions of dollars. These investors know they have a gold mine in USAIRWAYS. They have bet that the unions will all circum to threats and work on the cheap! They have bet their millions and millions of their dollars of investment.
[post="175306"][/post]​

Liquidation may not occur, BUT...... they WILL go into BK, Do what they feel needs done, and whoever is left standing will be at this dump working for PEANUTS!!!! In my humble opinion, if anyone on these boards feels thats ok, so you can repeat your phrase...."at least I have a job", That truly is sad :( Oh well, to each his own!!! GOOD DAY!!!!

"These investors know they have a gold mine in USAIRWAYS. They have bet that the unions will all circum to threats and work on the cheap! They have bet their millions and millions of their dollars of investment."

I think this person lives in Aviation Disneyland. If market forces dictate lower pay rates, contractual agreements only prolong the inevitable. Artificially high wages will always fall eventually, either through wage corrections or job losses.

NFS,

U will go into BK whether the unions circum or not. IT IS THE PLAN.

Trust, that many, and I mean many will lose their jobs just as soon as all the unions sign on the dotted line. Hope you won't be one of them. This is the reality for many of the employees at U and that is WITH AGREEMENTS.

blueoceans said:
"These investors know they have a gold mine in USAIRWAYS. They have bet that the unions will all circum to threats and work on the cheap! They have bet their millions and millions of their dollars of investment."

I think this person lives in Aviation Disneyland. If market forces dictate lower pay rates, contractual agreements only prolong the inevitable. Artificially high wages will always fall eventually, either through wage corrections or job losses.
[post="175318"][/post]​

hEY Blue,

You need to stop puffing the stuff...

We employees are already working for cheap.

This managment won't be happy until we are the bottom paid. Forget the industry trend...they want us to make a new gage at the bottom of the scale...sir.

This is what we call... UNION BUSTING!!!! Jerry is the "PRO" and he is on a "timeline". He needs to finish the job he was hired to do. That is his purpose and why he is still here.

PITbull it seems prudent that the unions take their chances with the judge. I don't think the judge would be as "harsh" on labor as what we're seeing with ALPA. It's obvious the company DOES NOT want an agreement. Even Hellen Keller could figure this out.

EyeInTheSky said:
PITbull it seems prudent that the unions take their chances with the judge. I don't think the judge would be as "harsh" on labor as what we're seeing with ALPA. It's obvious the company DOES NOT want an agreement. Even Hellen Keller could figure this out.
[post="175322"][/post]​

Eye,

I agree. But there are some employees that have low self esteem and are fearful of the prospects of not having work for a day. They have not prepared their lives for any deveations, and therefore, like A320, expect all of those who have to save them. Management loves this, and promotes this thinking of saying YES to save those who never planned for losing a job. Management also wants to be saved because they are so inept that if they go out into the market and say they came from USAirways managment, no one in their right mind would hire them, unless they have a best friend like Siegel had with TPB CEO.

PITbull, yes. Somebody put it well in another post on here. What good is the job when you take the entire profession down. That being said, the best employees will find alternative employment. Those with the "low self esteem" will not. And, it's pretty easy to figure out who those individuals are.