Amen

DLflyer31:

Thanks for catching my typo. Unfortunately, a fool is someone whose pencil wears out before their eraser. With my typing skills...if my keyboard had an eraser, the eraser would be blunt.

Let me try again, "pray".

Thanks for the catch.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

700UW:

700UW said: "The key is a certain pilot wants everyone else to sacrfice so he can keep his job. Please explain to me how it is that 900+ utility, 200+ stock clerks and 2,000+ mechanics who will be furloghed from US if the company gets their transformation plan enacted should vote to lay themselves off with NO CHANCE ever to return."

USA320Pilot responds: That's not true. I am not a "company man" or a "hard core union man", but instead a US Airways man. I want the best for each employee and unfortunately for us, the new employee standard is a LCC type contract. The market is dictating this and that is why airline analyst Ray Neidl said, "The legacy carriers are in big trouble. They have many things they need to overcome," he said. "The low-cost carriers will continue to grab market share," in the column you posted at this hyperlink (click here).

In the case of the IAM, the company issued the following statement in the press release at (click here).

"The company’s long-standing offer to expedite arbitration of this issue remains in place and the company is willing to work with the IAM to explore ways to bring future Airbus heavy maintenance work in-house," US Airways said.

It's the case of the IAM, it's the union and the "just say no crowd" that will cause the job loss. Moreover, your comments are just speculation until the negotiators meet with the company and get their formal proposal.

I believe David Bronner and Bruce Lakefield are honest men, but they must have a competitive cost structure across-the-board" in this rapidly changing environment and if any union does not want to participate in the new business plan, then this union or unions will force the company into a pre-packaged bankruptcy, which could keep the loan guarantees and stock in place, and set aside union contracts through a court order.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Pitguy:

Pitguy said: “Just like in 1992. Well now the Mechanics are coming back to bite you.

USA320Pilot responds: “I do not think so. If the mechanics continue to not work out a way to do the A320 overhaul in-house and do not meet with the company on the new business plan, there is reason to believe the company will seek to set aside the IAM contract. Then they could close both the PIT and CLT maintenance facilities through a court order.

Do I want to see that? No sir yea. We have thousands of great mechanics and related workers, but as 700UW posted, airline analyst Ray Neidl said, "The legacy carriers are in big trouble. They have many things they need to overcome," he said. "The low-cost carriers will continue to grab market share."

The company keeps telling employees no single union will sink the airline and the company is working on a pre-packaged bankruptcy. It’s up to the IAM and the other unions on whether or not they want to participate or be eliminated through the bankruptcy process.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

I honestly do not care what they do. I would not accept any further cuts of any sort for Mechanics (money, benefits, or work rules) even if it means the demise of the company or a crummy job. I know you find that impossible to understand and if you want go ahead and repeat your just quit blah.

PineyBob said:
Be careful Pitguy. Cav will be here with his bible. Remember

"Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord"

I missed that day in Sunday School too Pitguy and Cav has never let he hear the end of it. (I'm referring to the great "Xerox Incident" where Cav took me to task over "ratting out" 2 managers for trying to take food off my table by messing with my territory and commissions)

I don't know Pitguy maybe Cav has different rules for IAM members than he does for me. NO, couldn't be that could it? That would be hypocritical and that is one time I was in Sunday School.
I am glad I instill the fear of GOD in you Bobby, “YOU AWAYS MENTION MEâ€￾ because someone needs to do so, so you will get off these boards and live your life the way a normal man does.

You and the captain need to hold hands so you both can get through life as it seems you’re both having a bit of trouble handling life’s challenges and woes.