First Class standards of service

No, TW had similar/same carts I'm guessing. They were shorter and thinner. TW S80 carts did NOT go on an AA S80. Big no no. Also, the ovens are like the old TW planes as well. Many short racks. Should be fun in business.
Thank goodness there are only 6 or 8 F/C seats on the ABs here in Dallas (and, they are only being used on short hop/non-meal flights so far--DFW-MEM, DFW-LBB, etc.) But, you're right. I think that the A321Ts that are replacing the 767s on the transcons are not going to be all that easy for getting the meals cooked and served.

Fair enough… I'm still adjusting to the whole "pickup cart" thing… It still blows my mind that AA doesn't have dedicated trash carts and galleys with atlas carriers.

Fair enough… I'm still adjusting to the whole "pickup cart" thing… It still blows my mind that AA doesn't have dedicated trash carts and galleys with atlas carriers.
Actually, when they got rid of the "5-galley" configuration on the S80, the cart that goes in the housing behind 32DEF was supposed to be the "trash cart." When I asked "what are we supposed to use on double-catered flights", I was assured that cart would never have catering items or supplies (like the coffee carafes). My reply was I bet within two weeks we will start to see catering items AND supplies in that cart. It didn't take that long.

>>> I think that the A321Ts that are replacing the 767s on the transcons are not going to be all that easy for getting the meals cooked and served. <<<

I checked out the 321T yesterday at JFK.  Seems pretty nice.  Coach will be senior with 2 FAs serving 72.  I'll be bidding it for Jan and have some ideas for managing BC since I assume that's where I'll end up.

MK

kirkpatrick said:
>>> I think that the A321Ts that are replacing the 767s on the transcons are not going to be all that easy for getting the meals cooked and served. <<<

I checked out the 321T yesterday at JFK.  Seems pretty nice.  Coach will be senior with 2 FAs serving 72.  I'll be bidding it for Jan and have some ideas for managing BC since I assume that's where I'll end up.

MK
Will F/As alternate between cabins like on 738/752 transcons? 757 transcons now have 2 F/As serving 22/24 pax in FC, and 2 F/As serving 166 in YC, add in on many flights by the time the cart rolls down there is already trash waiting to be collected and pax wanting to stretch their legs and use the lavs on a single aisle aircraft for a six hour flight. F/As I know hate working these, they say the call buttons are endless and generally demanding pax.

Josh