American Airlines Seeks Recall Of Laid-Off Workers

You are correct sir. However, I chose to take the street on the third round. As it turns out, it was a good decision on my part. I'll admit, I was bitter at the time. But it worked out in the end. So, I thank AA, TWA and Kasher. No more turning wrenches on airplanes for me.
Good for you Joe, at least you showed integrity. But what about guys like this that decided to scab at NW and are now recalled?

NAME DELETED BY MODERATOR
Congratulations on your recall to American Airlines. I hope you had a good time working at nwa. Now make sure you tell all your buddies at American about how you fixed the aircraft at nwa, just make sure you don't tell them you crossed the Picket Line in Detroit, they may not like that.

Well enjoy your time in St Louis at American, it was St Louis wasn't it? Don't worry, I don't think they will find out about you working at nwa. :down:

Say it isn't so Joe. :blink:

MOD NOTE: Identifying individuals for the purpose of criticism or causing them trouble will not be tolerated.

Good for you Joe, at least you showed integrity. But what about guys like this that decided to scab at NW and are now recalled?

Congratulations on your recall to American Airlines. I hope you had a good time working at nwa. Now make sure you tell all your buddies at American about how you fixed the aircraft at nwa, just make sure you don't tell them you crossed the Picket Line in Detroit, they may not like that.

Well enjoy your time in St Louis at American, it was St Louis wasn't it? Don't worry, I don't think they will find out about you working at nwa. :down:

Say it isn't so Joe. :blink:
Once the word gets out, I sure others will let their opinions be known in no uncertain terms....At least I hope they will.

So thats where DEL BY MOD spent his layoff. COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATOR. He was in STL but the recall is to MCI. Their are more, unfortunately that could have went to NY but chose to hit the street only to scab at NWA. After all the BS we went through, bankruptcies, layoffs, givebacks, on and on, why would someone scab into somebody elses fight for their fair share piece of the pie? Oh and I doubt if he fixed anything!

So thats where Phil spent his layoff. Pathetic Phil. He was in STL but the recall is to MCI. Their are more, unfortunately that could have went to NY but chose to hit the street only to scab at NWA. After all the BS we went through, bankruptcies, layoffs, givebacks, on and on, why would someone scab into somebody elses fight for their fair share piece of the pie? Oh and I doubt if he fixed anything!
Say it ain't so...Phil wasn't the only one. What about SCABPORT or ABX. Theres a whole bus load that had a hand in Northwest's demise...

They may have already been sent out. People that were 30 to 40 below the original 50, have their recalls in hand...I hope you got yours too! :up:
The local 530 website shows the list of pending recalls ending at Kidwell, senority 11/28/1988, that is 58 pending recalls. Are they talk of more on top of that? (other than the declined ones)

Identifying individuals by name, whether they post here or not, for the purpose of ridicule or causing them trouble will not be tolerated. This is a one and only warning. If the discussion of this individual continues in such a light there will be immediate suspensions.

Also, an individual's labor record has no bearing on topic of this thread, which is the recall of laid off employees.

Bring it back on subject or we will close it.

Recall letters to MCI. Referenceing Kidwell being 1 on the 530 web site. The letters have gone at least to the number 29 slot. I know this for a fact because #29 is in AFW and told me he recieved one. It must have went past him by approximately 14.

IMHO,....A few VERY Important occurances are taking place right under our noses.

BUT first, Welcome back LLC/AMT's !!!!

As posted by FWAAA just tonite(2/22) was the "FACT" that AA MET(under a GAG order) with APA/APFA.
(TWU does'nt count, because they are part of AA/HDQ) :down: :down:

"FACT",............ AA is on record as saying they want to recalled laid off workers here(WE ARE TALKING LLC EMPLOYEES) !!

VERY IMPORTANT.."IF", is..that If we see AA recalling ALL the LLC F/a's, PLUS maybe those that "fell off", will to ME, signal that AA is ready to get It's House "in Order" for the FEDS, particuliarly the Missouri delegation. Those VERY politicians, WHO just enacted future seniority Integration rules, will come in Handy, when AA makes its move, after DL/NW do their thing.

As I mentioned above(AA meeting with it's Unions), coupled with (another) "FACT" , that AA met with CO, shows me significant(QUIET) MOVEMENT, in different areas that IMHO....CAN NOT BE IGNORED.

What say you ????????????????

Eventually the recall list will be exhausted and AA will have to begin hiring...The problem is already evident at Delta when they are having a difficult time hiring experienced mechanics are turning to recent school graduates with licenses....

The local 530 website shows the list of pending recalls ending at Kidwell, senority 11/28/1988, that is 58 pending recalls. Are they talk of more on top of that? (other than the declined ones)
Yes, I know a couple of guys 30 to 40 below your mentioned date that have letters in hand. BTW, they currently work at other stations. Both declined their recall offer to MCI. :up:

VERY IMPORTANT.."IF", is..that If we see AA recalling ALL the LLC F/a's, PLUS maybe those that "fell off", will to ME, signal that AA is ready to get It's House "in Order" for the FEDS, particuliarly the Missouri delegation. Those VERY politicians, WHO just enacted future seniority Integration rules, will come in Handy, when AA makes its move, after DL/NW do their thing.

As I mentioned above(AA meeting with it's Unions), coupled with (another) "FACT" , that AA met with CO, shows me significant(QUIET) MOVEMENT, in different areas that IMHO....CAN NOT BE IGNORED.

What say you ????????????????
It looks like these rumblings are on the way to be a loud roar. Where are the seniority integration rules posted?

Eventually the recall list will be exhausted and AA will have to begin hiring...The problem is already evident at Delta when they are having a difficult time hiring experienced mechanics are turning to recent school graduates with licenses....
I know that SFO is close to the bottom of the list. I turned down the recall, as did most everyone else. LAX still has a long way to go. I friend of mine started at Delta and left within 6 weeks because of the starting pay. He has since returned ot United.

It looks like these rumblings are on the way to be a loud roar. Where are the seniority integration rules posted?

We know APFA's rule. Nothing but staple as they did Reno and TWA. They probably could not do a workforce integration any other way given their previous explanations for "protecting" their members. In other words no F/As from an acquired or merged carrier can be senior to any AA flight attendant including any recently recalled TWA F/As. APFA has stated these rules before the US Senate and repeatedly in court. They are stuck with those rules.

We know APFA's rule. Nothing but staple as they did Reno and TWA. They probably could not do a workforce integration any other way given their previous explanations for "protecting" their members. In other words no F/As from an acquired or merged carrier can be senior to any AA flight attendant including any recently recalled TWA F/As. APFA has stated these rules before the US Senate and repeatedly in court. They are stuck with those rules.
Well this is how things are done at this union.... Go APFA !!!!
Now that we have some fine former TWA F/As back working, I bet to say they would want the next aquired airlline F/A workforce stapled to the bottom... Most F/AS on this earth want to keep everyday of their senority...

Latest posts

Back