American Airlines Seeks Recall Of Laid-Off Workers

<_< ------- What's going on at LAX?----- I've heard that a few ex TWAers have been recalled. If that's true, it would trigger their 25% Seniority! I've also heard that the LAX local has run to Kasher to try and prevent this!!! Although with LAX's Local web sight closed to "outsiders", this all is hard to confirm!!!! :down:
I know they are down quite a way on the list at LAX. According to my sources there and the Local 564 web site, they have gone to Kasher to find out if the ExTWA'ers seniority is to be recalulated if they have been on the street more than 3 years or if it remains 4-10-01 no matter what. I guess they are down to where nAAtive would have a recalculated seniority less than 4-10-01. I believe it clashes with the Kasher decision that says all nAAtives must be recalled before the station becomes 25%. So, all AMT recalls are on hold for now. I do know that once an ExTWA AMT sets foot on property, it becomes a 25% station.

I know they are down quite a way on the list at LAX. According to my sources there and the Local 564 web site, they have gone to Kasher to find out if the ExTWA'ers seniority is to be recalulated if they have been on the street more than 3 years or if it remains 4-10-01 no matter what. I guess they are down to where nAAtive would have a recalculated seniority less than 4-10-01. I believe it clashes with the Kasher decision that says all nAAtives must be recalled before the station becomes 25%. So, all AMT recalls are on hold for now. I do know that once an ExTWA AMT sets foot on property, it becomes a 25% station.

I'm not so sure about it changing to a 25% station when a exTWA employee sets foot on the property. If you look at the station senority lists such as AFW that did not have at least 10% or greater of AA ASM to start off as a 25% senority station. All of the exTWA mechanics have a occupational senority date of 4/10/01. DFW is the same way. I know that LAX was not a 25% station, because some of the mechanics that I knew had enough 25% senority that were based in LAX could not stay in LAX and had to relocate to a 25% station like SFO. One mechanic I knew that retired out of SFO had a TWA senority date of January 1 1967, his 25% senority gave him a 9/20/92 senority date, he had to relocate from LAX to SFO to stay employed with AA.

I'm not so sure about it changing to a 25% station when a exTWA employee sets foot on the property. If you look at the station senority lists such as AFW that did not have at least 10% or greater of AA ASM to start off as a 25% senority station. All of the exTWA mechanics have a occupational senority date of 4/10/01. DFW is the same way. I know that LAX was not a 25% station, because some of the mechanics that I knew had enough 25% senority that were based in LAX could not stay in LAX and had to relocate to a 25% station like SFO. One mechanic I knew that retired out of SFO had a TWA senority date of January 1 1967, his 25% senority gave him a 9/20/92 senority date, he had to relocate from LAX to SFO to stay employed with AA.
The reason why it is not a 25% station right now is there were nAAtive AMT's already on layoff from LAX with a seniority date higher than 4-10-01 (they were on the street prior to the merger). The contract ( I don't remember which article) states that in the event of a merger, it cannot adversly affect AA employees, hence the Kasher decison. I was in the group that went to SFO with the person you speak of. At the time, he was able to displace a less senior person whose date was lower than 4-10-01. In fact those persons that were displaced has about 7 months on property if I remember correctly. Once he stepped foot in SFO, he got his 25%. And yes, LAX will be a 25% station when Ex TWA'ers are recalled.

The reason why it is not a 25% station right now is there were nAAtive AMT's already on layoff from LAX with a seniority date higher than 4-10-01 (they were on the street prior to the merger). The contract ( I don't remember which article) states that in the event of a merger, it cannot adversly affect AA employees, hence the Kasher decison. I was in the group that went to SFO with the person you speak of. At the time, he was able to displace a less senior person whose date was lower than 4-10-01. In fact those persons that were displaced has about 7 months on property if I remember correctly. Once he stepped foot in SFO, he got his 25%. And yes, LAX will be a 25% station when Ex TWA'ers are recalled.

You are correct. I did not know that there were nAAtive mechanics on lay off from LAX at the time of the merger. I found the passage from the original Kasher decision.

"If the ten percent (10%) benchmark at any city/station is reached or exceeded, then once all American employees have been recalled, TWA employees will have the right to exercise their seniority, as adjusted above, to available positions at such city/station. These positions will be reserved for bid by TWA employees with recall rights, and they shall be permitted to use twenty-five percent (25%) of their TWA seniority".

<_< ----- So Ed M. finally retired! Good wrench! I believe Joe is right on this one! LAX, at present, is not a 25% station for AMT's, until a exTWA sets foot on the property! But we have another issue those boys can ask Kasher! What if a, say, there's a Crew Chief opening, and an exTWA AMT bids it, an wins the bid, go's to LAX. Does that trigger the 25% Seniority? I would say off hand it would! ----- But however they may try! You know that it's going to happen! We have people here that have been commuting (broken families) for years now! And would love to get on with their lives!

There is a big difference between TWA's purchase of Ozark and AA's purchase of TWA. Ozark was still a viable air carrier that wasn't on the verge of bankruptcy when it was aquired. TWA on the other hand was debt ridden piece of junk airline leveraged to the helt when AA(I should say dumbass Carty)made the fatal stupid decision to aquire it. Why don't you crybaby TWA people sue Don Carty for your seniority and leave the real employees of AA alone?
Hey kindofagash. I am so proud to be TWA on AA payroll just to make your blood boil :lol: .

Make my blood boil? Hardly. TWA people are getting recalled to AA and I think that's great. If Global Aviation had bought TWA, There would be NO recalls, No Seniority, NO nothing for TWA people. TWA would have folded and you all would be on the street in the soup line or homeless shelter. So keep crying about how AA "misstreated" you while you still are getting a paycheck.

Make my blood boil? Hardly. TWA people are getting recalled to AA and I think that's great. If Global Aviation had bought TWA, There would be NO recalls, No Seniority, NO nothing for TWA people. TWA would have folded and you all would be on the street in the soup line or homeless shelter. So keep crying about how AA "misstreated" you while you still are getting a paycheck.

AA had nothing to do with screwing TWA people. The guilty parties were the three unions on the property.

AA had nothing to do with screwing TWA people. The guilty parties were the three unions on the property.

Exactly, AA gave the F/As pay seniority and vacation days seniority. It was APFA the insisted on a staple.

There seems to be something funny going on with this thread. The mention of recalls keeps away the hard nosed "haters"!!!! 9 pages of posts an no Local 12 Proud, or Amfa man or TWU Infomer, et al.....

Wonder why this is?? Can anyone explain???? My guess is they are too concerned with stirring up sh*t in other threads that they don't have time to comment on a positive.

I'm not surprised.............

Kudos on the recalls!!! Welcome back!

There seems to be something funny going on with this thread. The mention of recalls keeps away the hard nosed "haters"!!!! 9 pages of posts an no Local 12 Proud, or Amfa man or TWU Infomer, et al.....

Wonder why this is?? Can anyone explain???? My guess is they are too concerned with stirring up sh*t in other threads that they don't have time to comment on a positive.

<_< -------Bill, This isn't, or shouldn't be, a exTWA vrs. nAAtive thing. It says something about what can be done, if there is cooperation, and trust between the Union and Company. Together we've grown the work (Profits) of this Company to the point that to continue that trend we need more workers! But unfortunately, upper management has gotten greedy! I just hope they don't continue down this path and screw up everything we've accomplished to this point! I feel we are at a critical point here! It's a time where we all can keep this ball rolling, or through it all away! The balls in the Companies court now!!!

Don't you have a desk your supposed to be under?

Do you think the Totally Worthless Union had anything to do with these call backs? If enough people retire or quit to find better jobs, the COMPAANY will call back more people. Even then they're having a hard time finding any takers!!

Gee Bill, thanks for your concern regarding my whereabouts. If you actually read the story that was posted with the original post, then you would know that the news report was about Flight Attendants and Pilots recalls, and a mere mention of one mechanic telling them to pack their recall up their ar$e. But since you have brought up mechanic recalls, the amount returned still does not equal the amount who have left since 2003. So while your sitting at the local all day long, the rest of us have been working short-handed for the past 5 years.

Do you think the Totally Worthless Union had anything to do with these call backs? If enough people retire or quit to find better jobs, the COMPAANY will call back more people. Even then they're having a hard time finding any takers!!

Good point! After this recall, AA will have to eventually start the hiring process for mechanics. Even then, the only mechanics you are going to get are the ones fresh out of school and those numbers are dwindling as well. But unlike the "MARKET RATE" which is used to lure an executive to the company because of his/her value, this will not be the case for a mechanic.
Instead of raising the starting salary and added benefits, I see the airlines one day lobbying the government to ease the rules and allow for NON-LICENSED mechanics to work the aircraft. They will perform maintenance and aircraft will be released under the carrier's operating certificate.