American expected to have the largest profit

WorldTraveler said:
We still haven't seen the impact of DCA and DAL on AA.

the notion that AA is going to increase revenues enough to give raises which might include profit sharing is not realistic.

Sound and fury signifying nothing.

Stop pounding that drum, it got blown out long ago. It's beyond clear you are the only one here who thinks DCA and DAL amount to more than a hill of beans.

Brett Snyder himself said US/AA gave up hardly anything to get the merger approved.

Reactions: 2 people
i should have said most in-efficient fleet
which is offset by having the lowest fuel costs.

the CASM proves it

as for DCA and DAL, we haven't seen the impact of either one of them yet.

It is simply not possible for WN to be saying that they are seeing above expected advance results without having an effect on AA.

We will see in time but I continue to believe that the notion that AA will be unaffected by what happens at DAL and DCA is simply wishful thinking.

As with everything else in the industry, the data eventually becomes public and available for all to see.

I think AA being affected by changes at DAL and DCA is wishful thinking on *your* part, he who is the real one who takes things personally, and views the world through widget-tinted glasses. Your partial opinion is colored, my friend.

Reactions: 5 people
again, the best part of this business is how transparent it is and how much information becomes available.

my challenge is regarding your statement about fuel inefficiency.

based on the latest quarterly earnings releases (all public information), here is the mainline fuel cost per ASM for the big 4.

WN 4.16
DL 4.44
UA 4.58
AA 4.64

in fact, AA is the LEAST efficient of the big 4 in its use of fuel to produce a seat mile using its mainline fleet - which is not only the most accurate comparison of what AA itself controls but also allows comparison to WN which uses no regional jets.

If I've read something incorrectly, I'm sure someone will come along and correct me - which is fine- but the notion that the other 3 large US carriers are less fuel efficient than AA is simply not accurate.

AdAstraPerAspera said:

Sound and fury signifying nothing.

Stop pounding that drum, it got blown out long ago. It's beyond clear you are the only one here who thinks DCA and DAL amount to more than a hill of beans.

Brett Snyder himself said US/AA gave up hardly anything to get the merger approved.
I'm still waiting for the lawsuits by DL...

Reactions: 1 person