American losing Chicago-Delhi Service

American6

Jan 15, 2012
American Airlines is about to lose a direct service between Chicago and Delhi. The airline, in huge bankruptcy already lost some routes like Tokyo Narita to San Jose CA, Nagoya Centrair to Chicago, Osaka Kansai to DFW, and more. Delhi is a major city in India and the only airline's destination in that country. It is horrible that American has lost so many routes and this will be a big blow if this route is lost.

American Airlines is about to lose a direct service between Chicago and Delhi. The airline, in huge bankruptcy already lost some routes like Tokyo Narita to San Jose CA, Nagoya Centrair to Chicago, Osaka Kansai to DFW, and more. Delhi is a major city in India and the only airline's destination in that country. It is horrible that American has lost so many routes and this will be a big blow if this route is lost.

American6, how many years ago did AA dump SJC-NRT and DFW-KIX?
3, 4 years ago?

I wouldn't say it's a huge loss if the market wasn't making any money. Time to move those B772's over to a market that will make money.

American6, how many years ago did AA dump SJC-NRT and DFW-KIX?
3, 4 years ago?
SJC-NRT was canceled in October, 2006, more than five years ago. In the last decade, AA stopped flying to NRT from SEA and SJC but added JFK and LAX, far better markets to Tokyo. KIX? I can't remember when AA last gave up on KIX but one thing is for sure - KIX is not a growing market.

I wouldn't say it's a huge loss if the market wasn't making any money. Time to move those B772's over to a market that will make money.
Agreed. Our young friend hasn't yet completed "maximizing revenue 101" in his Airline Mogul simulation game.

SJC-NRT was canceled in October, 2006, more than five years ago. In the last decade, AA stopped flying to NRT from SEA and SJC but added JFK and LAX, far better markets to Tokyo. KIX? I can't remember when AA last gave up on KIX but one thing is for sure - KIX is not a growing market.

Agreed. Our young friend hasn't yet completed "maximizing revenue 101" in his Airline Mogul simulation game.

I almost thought you were kidding... :rolleyes:
B) xUT

Edited By Me:
http://www.airlinemogul.com
This is going to be 'interesting'
:lol:

What would Bob Crandall say about the Indian market??

FYI the hometown Indian airlines are imploding and everyone there is price price price. AA can do better elsewhere...

I don't think Bob's opinion could be printed and fall within the forum's decorum rule.

Back