American M & E Working Together Toward Profits

And as for Dennis' comments...Dennis says a lot of things. And like it or not he does hold a lot of power in his position. But the members voted him in. And you know what, I could care less if you like him or not. If you ahe a problem wiht him go tell him about it. Oh but wait, it's much easier to do it on a public forum beind his back.

Here is what you have done so far.
First you deny,then you say he did not really say that, and then when asked to answer a simple question that puts
things into perspective you make it like it is a personal attack and avoid answering again.

He was elected and thus accountable to the membership in public and private forums.
Also the idea that anyone is doing something to him behind his back in a public forum is laughable in itself.
What was said is here for all to see, including him.

He has been told about the centiments of the membership on many an issue in private and at the union hall.

You are trully something.
But the one that puts a knowing grin an everyones face is the "Dennis says a lot of things."
What does that mean?
Was he in error?
Does he not really know what he was talking about?
Was he just blowing hot air?
Was it a slip of the tongue?

"Dennis says a lot of things."

He was beeing intervied by a international magazine representing you and I.
Care to expand?

Oh, and also.

Did Dennis and Carmine say those things to AO mechanics or not?

Or is this another dont say anything behind his/their back genius answer of yours?

Beep, Beep.

And as for Dennis' comments... And like it or not he does hold a lot of power in his position.

What does that mean?

I thought his powers were clearly defined by the twu constitution and local rules.

Are there any other powers he has?

Please tell us you did not just say that he has the power to make deals behind the memberships back,(you know the real behind the back stuff).
Or even worse that he made one because : "And like it or not he does hold a lot of power in his position."?

What Are you talking about?

What does that mean?

I thought his powers were clearly defined by the twu constitution and local rules.

Are there any other powers he has?

Please tell us you did not just say that he has the power to make deals behind the memberships back,(you know the real behind the back stuff).
Or even worse that he made one because : "And like it or not he does hold a lot of power in his position."?

What Are you talking about?

Clearly more spinning from you limit. You get busted with one spin then continue to spin other posts. You must be dizzy by now.

I don't know what AO meeting you were at, but at the one I attended, Dennis and Carmine said that we were the only carrier left with a full scale heavy overhaul operation and that every where else the bulk of the work was outsourced to low wage contractors both here and overseas. Undeniable facts. Both said that over the long term there was no way American could compete with other carriers or with other vendors for outside work unless we were more productive and provided better quality. Again, all of this is obviously true. Burchette never said that he would not enforce the contract or waive any restrictions on outsourcing much less that he had agreed with management to do so. But, if you think that's what he meant there's an easy way to find the answer---go to a meeting and ask your questions.

And as for these comments by you limit.....
Here is what you have done so far.
First you deny,then you say he did not really say that, and then when asked to answer a simple question that puts
things into perspective you make it like it is a personal attack and avoid answering again.

I never denied anything, never said those words were not said and I have been trying to put things in perspective for you, first by clarifying YOUR error (or should I say spin) and then responding to other's comments. I must say that anytime Hackman responds to you (or me in this case) he does make personal attacks, every single time he speaks here. What...I can't NOT respond to those????

If not for your (and others) spins, we wouldn't have anything to debate on these boards!

I knew this would be an interesting topic!! :up:

Intersting?

Yeah, 20 years of Industry Leading Concessions that places a major carrier in position to bid and compete with MRO's that are NON-UNION sure as hell is interesting. That sure is a record for the TWU to be proud! So proud they print the success in magazines and on video. So proud the Union President has the AA Management down at the new union hall more than the membership or elected officers. So proud that the Local President is more of a partner with one of the 46 recepients of the SERP special retirement fund than he is with dues paying members.

When do you say we would be getting our pay and benefits back Bill? I missed that one!

"It's the MEMBER's paycheck stupid"

:shock:

Yeah, 20 years of Industry Leading Concessions that places a major carrier in position to bid and compete with MRO's that are NON-UNION sure as hell is interesting. That sure is a record for the TWU to be proud! So proud they print the success in magazines and on video.

I had this conversation with some AFWers doing some engine work on a UPS 757 that was in our hangar. A UPS AMT was present when we discussed the fact the AA's AMT's are willing to work for such low wages, that it allows them to pick up contract work from carriers such as UPS which pay a substanial amount more money to their mechanics. At this point I was getting the "huh" look from the AFWers when the UPS AMT mentioned that they have been told that the same 18% pay increase their pilots got is on the table in their current talks, but the language still needs to be worked out. Considering they are at $43 an hour, the 18% would put them over $50 an hour or about $20 more than an AA AMT. So I suggested to the AFWers, that since our generosity has led to the substanial wages that UPS AMT's now enjoy, why don't we give back $10 more an hour so we can do China Airs heavy maintenance, and maybe even increase the dues base for the twu. :shock:

Lets not deal with the Company to bring the work in because the TWU can't make a deal that doesn't exist anywhere else.

Why cant they...
I'll tell you why

The twu cant make a deal unless it is a concessionery one

And the twu doesnt do anything unless the company gives it the thumbs up.

Here are some twu deals that also didnt exist anywhere else

The "B" Scale
The "C" Scale
The "D" Scale
The "Flex Benefits"
The SRP Program
The Union Held Long Term Disability
The Union Held Short Term Disability
Pre Funding of Retirement Medical
Like the 95 million the line is supposed to come up with.

Its not a union its a joke
:down:

Jerry%20Sowells%20SCAB.jpg

Jerry Sowells
TWU Anti-AMFA Spokesperson from Northwest Airlines

SCAB

Brought to you:
http://www.amfa33.org/strike/scabs.htm

ALSO THIS JUST IN....

New contract would make American No. 1 mail carrier

By MARY SCHLANGENSTEIN
BLOOMBERG NEWS

American Airlines said Wednesday it reached a new five-year contract with the U.S. Postal Service that will make it the largest carrier of mail among the nation’s passenger airlines.

American, the world’s biggest airline, replaces United Airlines as the No. 1 mail carrier. United lost its Postal Service contract earlier this year. The agreement may be worth as much as $500 million, AMR said today.

COMPLETE STORY HERE:
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/business/15566393.htm

HEY BILL!!

Can we get our pay and benefits back now?

Or should we just keep giving away the farm?

Intersting?

Yeah, 20 years of Industry Leading Concessions that places a major carrier in position to bid and compete with MRO's that are NON-UNION sure as hell is interesting. That sure is a record for the TWU to be proud! So proud they print the success in magazines and on video. So proud the Union President has the AA Management down at the new union hall more than the membership or elected officers. So proud that the Local President is more of a partner with one of the 46 recepients of the SERP special retirement fund than he is with dues paying members.
When do you say we would be getting our pay and benefits back Bill? I missed that one!

"It's the MEMBER's paycheck stupid"

<_< ---- Hey Informer! Have you forgotten so sooon! "Pull together, Win together!!?" When dose the win part kick in???? ;)

It just hit me what this quote is about. And as always you spin doctors are hard at work.

I'll take this real slow so even you can understand it. Dennis is not referring to all maintenance when he says "we let the work go outside". What he is referring to is that this work will be work that is already being outsourced. The work will be brought back in and we will have a certain time period to show that we can be competetive enough to keep the work in-house. If not, then we let it go back out and bring something else in. No loss!

Is that clear enough???? So drop the fear mongering and get your story straight. We are trying to get our current outsourced work back in-house. Anyone want to step up and say this is wrong?

Bill, I have the same understanding as you as to the message about outsourced work.

As far as the work that has come back in, I have heard few complaints about our ability to produce this work. So to date what was said in the meetings is a mute point.

The work being reclaimed was outsourced for a long time and may have been difficult to produce back then but our advancements in technology and equipment have opened up useful capacity that can accomodate many types of work.

You know Hackman, I don't really like even debating anything with you. Your crude and juvenile responses are useless and your true colors come out with responses like the one you just made.

I don't have all the answers. But you good ole boys want these programs to produce you more pay and benefits stat....and like I said it's just not going to happen as fast as you would like. What progress that has been made, you shoot right down because it doesn't meet YOUR specifications. Well, TOUGH SH*T!

Informer can preach all he wants about the past but these programs that are in place is all new territory for the TWU as well as the company. You don't have a clue as to what goes on during these meetings......none of you do because you choose not to be involved. And that is certainly your perrogative. But don't b*tch and moan and spin thins you know nothing about. Most of the folks on these committees are hard working union members who are trying to better our situation. What we are doing is effective. Deny all you want but it is working.

And as for Dennis' comments...Dennis says a lot of things. And like it or not he does hold a lot of power in his position. But the members voted him in. And you know what, I could care less if you like him or not. If you ahe a problem wiht him go tell him about it. Oh but wait, it's much easier to do it on a public forum beind his back.
Oh, and Hackman...you mentioned some fellas winning grievances.....who was it that won it for them????????

The twu and its blind followers don't want a debate unless they can stack the deck. That's been proven. I know you don't like debating me or anyone else who isn't swallowing the twu goo. The truth and the past history is a killer for you and twu. Crude actions and third grade dialect you cry about is a twu bubba believer trademark. Really now, who is kidding who here Billybob?? Don't you remember the twu....Coffins, bomb threats, 514 fist fights between twu officers at the hall, convicted felons, druggies, multiple DWI officer drunks in the twu International, a 514 President attempts to run people over he dislikes with his vehicle, twu believers calling others scabs that have never crossed a picket line and never will. Need I go on??? No, I'll stop here.

I don't expect the twu to get back our massive concessions given away Billy, those are long gone more than likely. I do expect my union to fight for its members, and not sellout at every turn at some point in time. Asking for too much there. The twu humorously demanded "Show Us The Shared Sacrifice" to Mr. Our-pay a while back. Even had new twu slogan shirts made up. Well, we are still waiting!!!! Probably will be for the rest of our lives. When the big management money grab happened and the rest of the unions pulled out of the; "We Pull, while Management Wins" program. Not the twu, still gotta be a twu true wanna-believer.

The sad thing is, your being duped and you either don't care or your just too dumb to see it. The current useless programs are failing, and they are being rejected by a majority of the rank and file, except the twu wanna-believers involved in them. Go to the floor and ask what the average mechanics think. I don't think you'll like the answers. Especially on the MD-80 Pulse Line. Why did the reporters that wrote the maintenance article only get to talk to "certain people"??? I think I know why.

As far as Burdchette goes, I didn't quote anything he's said, it would be a waste of space. He'll be in management as soon as he gets voted out of office. I could really care less.

As far as those grievances that were won... they didn't get won by a twu bubba believer, I'll say that. :unsure:

As far as those grievances that were won... they didn't get won by a twu bubba believer, I'll say that. :unsure:

Well apparently they believed in the TWU enough to allow their grievance to go through the arbitration process ;)

You really should shy away from speaking for others.....

Well apparently they believed in the TWU enough to allow their grievance to go through the arbitration process ;)
You really should shy away from speaking for others.....
Please stop speaking like you know anything 'tard. :blink: :blink:

They didn't get to arbitration. :rolleyes:

How's that twu shoe leather taste??? Yum, Yum.... :huh:

Please stop speaking like you know anything 'tard. :blink: :blink:

They didn't get to arbitration. :rolleyes:
How's that twu shoe leather taste??? Yum, Yum.... :huh:

So there was a settlement secured by the representing officer of the TWU for this grievant?

Sound judgement. Saved the TWU some money :up:

Latest posts