American Needs US Air Merger: Analyst

hate to break it to you but all the guys on the 3rd year payscale are sitting home getting paid a guarantee of 0 hours and 0x76x12=0 :ph34r:

Huh? I hate to break it to you, because you obviousily have no clue what you're talking about. The junior ACTIVE (that means NOT furloughed) pilot on the 190 in PHL is on the 3 year payscale. That is a FACT. Also, the most junior First Officers on the Airbus in CLT are also on the 3 year payscale...

Huh? I hate to break it to you, because you obviousily have no clue what you're talking about. The junior ACTIVE (that means NOT furloughed) pilot on the 190 in PHL is on the 3 year payscale. That is a FACT. Also, the most junior First Officers on the Airbus in CLT are also on the 3 year payscale...

well considering i was in the first new hire class in nov 2007 and my whole class is furloughed i think you need to check your sources. how are there guys on 3rd year pay that were hired like 10 years ago? are you saying they furloughed my class out of order?

OK Folks,

This thread is about whether or not US will merge with AA or another airline. It is NOT about pilot pay scales...that belongs in the pilot labor thread ONLY.

Next post about pay rates gets 7 days off to re-learn the rules.

well considering i was in the first new hire class in nov 2007 and my whole class is furloughed i think you need to check your sources. how are there guys on 3rd year pay that were hired like 10 years ago? are you saying they furloughed my class out of order?

Well Tripod, first of all, sorry about you being furloughed... been there, done that, couldn't afford the T-shirt to prove it -- not fun...

Anyway, Your class was not furloughed out of order. But the group of pilots right above you on the seniority list are the guys that flowed into MDA in 2004. There were roughly 100 of them. They worked at MDA for almost 2 years until they were furloughed in 2006.

They were recalled to US Airways in July of 2007. Unfortunately they are being denied their longevity credit for working for US Airways for the two years flying the E-170. So, for pay purposes, they began first year pay in 2007. These guys are still here actively flying, but they are being paid on the 3 year payscale. Of course, next month, they will move to the 4 year scale. But technically today, the bottom active guys are working under the 3 year scale. Hope that cleared up the confusion...

Of course none of this is relevant to the current ongoing discussion, I was just clearing up a minor inaccuracy. At any rate, I hope you have found a better job, and if you do decide to come back here when the time comes, you can come back to a much better company than you left. Either way, good luck with your decisions in the future...

OK Folks,

This thread is about whether or not US will merge with AA or another airline. It is NOT about pilot pay scales...that belongs in the pilot labor thread ONLY.

Next post about pay rates gets 7 days off to re-learn the rules.

Oops, sorry Richard, we must have posted at the same time. Didn't see ur post before I began my post. I did say the issue was irrelevant so as to end this segway and get back on topic. Nothing further from me will be posted on that issue...

Thanks

American will need to wash itself through bk court prior to any mergers.
Watch out AA employees, your pensions are at risk!
Don't count on any M/A activity at LCC for at least 3-5 years.

American will need to wash itself through bk court prior to any mergers.
Watch out AA employees, your pensions are at risk!
Don't count on any M/A activity at LCC for at least 3-5 years.

I know what you mean regarding the AA pensions, but the rest? Do tell?

Or is it a smoke screen that allows negotions to proceed?

With Parker just last week saying US is not seeking a merger and is content to go it alone for the forseeable future and now this article from AA, you might be right. Sounds to me like posturing from both sides....Uh Oh.

When did NYC become a hub? The way they're cutting flights and heads you'd think it was the Fall of Saigon here...
:D

AA is adding JFK-HND and JFK-GIG in October and is adding JFK-AUS in July and JFK-FLL and additional frequencies to MCO, LAS and MIA in November. From what I hear, there are more flight restorations and new flights to come.

The retreat and shrinkage at JFK appears to be subsiding for a time. Of course, AA will probably resume the contraction next year. :D

CEO says 100% chance its not gonna merge with a smaller airline. That implies that LCC will be bought by one of the big 3. Would not be surprised if it happens soon because the rising eps estimates are causing LCC share price to rise. One of the Big 3 will pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

Link

Latest posts

Back