AMFA Drive started in Tulsa ?

More info for you. A bit dated, but I just found the links.

http://www.teamster.org/content/teamsters-aa-maintenance

http://www.teamster.org/aamx

Kinda funny how the IBt came out and blasted AMFA for "raiding" the IAm at NWA even though we went to AMFA..Now it is ok for them to "RAID" the TWu? WTF? Can't have it both ways bro!

Yea. I think AMFA was called predators. We have shirts that were made on this issue. Now the ibt is raiding AA and TWU. Obviously they think it can go both ways, LOL typical ibt propaganda. Gotta love it...

Kinda funny how the IBt came out and blasted AMFA for "raiding" the IAm at NWA even though we went to AMFA..Now it is ok for them to "RAID" the TWu? WTF? Can't have it both ways bro!

No answer from me. I just looked at an posted the site.

Yea. I think AMFA was called predators. We have shirts that were made on this issue. Now the ibt is raiding AA and TWU. Obviously they think it can go both ways, LOL typical ibt propaganda. Gotta love it...

If you look at it, the scenarios are almost identical to both NWA and UAL. Both took heavy concessions and then went in to bankruptcy to see their mechanic ranks decimated. During both times, AMFA filed and won representation away from the IAM unchallenged by any other union.

Perhaps the IBT finds opportunity that is did not seize years ago under related conditions? Maybe they would have jumped in to the campaign then, but did not because of their affiliation with the AFL/CIO ? What ever the reason, they are at AA now.

Personally I think it is a risky move. The bankruptcy decisions and your fate will be made no matter which Union wins representation. After all, the bankruptcy judges are a hard and crooked bunch with no respect for human life. AA will be spending several millions of dollars buying the best legal team and decisions they can.The courts only protect the corporations, not the employees. This is just my opinion. Still, I would rather have the vast resources of the Teamsters, than that of the tiny association with it's "part time professionals."

whoop whoop
Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:13 AM
7) AMFA hires professionals in their skill to advise AMFA on certain parts of negotiating a contract.

Just sayin'......

I find it completely interesting that of all the blame you assign for our inability to keep up with inflation, CORPORATIONS receive none of it. Last I saw, it was the board of directors, and not the Union or the NMB who initiated bankruptcy at American Airlines.

I am a mechanic because I love aircraft. When I started in this business close to three decades ago, I knew the turmoil then. It has only gotten worse. I still like wrenching on planes though. Give me an all night engine change any day. You can have the ramp.

If you look at it, the scenarios are almost identical to both NWA and UAL. Both took heavy concessions and then went in to bankruptcy to see their mechanic ranks decimated. During both times, AMFA filed and won representation away from the IAM unchallenged by any other union.

Perhaps the IBT finds opportunity that is did not seize years ago under related conditions? Maybe they would have jumped in to the campaign then, but did not because of their affiliation with the AFL/CIO ? What ever the reason, they are at AA now.

Personally I think it is a risky move. The bankruptcy decisions and your fate will be made no matter which Union wins representation. After all, the bankruptcy judges are a hard and crooked bunch with no respect for human life. AA will be spending several millions of dollars buying the best legal team and decisions they can.The courts only protect the corporations, not the employees. This is just my opinion. Still, I would rather have the vast resources of the Teamsters, than that of the tiny association with it's "part time professionals."

whoop whoop
Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:13 AM
7) AMFA hires professionals in their skill to advise AMFA on certain parts of negotiating a contract.

Just sayin'......

So in your opinion, the profession has "gotten worse" for three decades, and every industrial union that has represented the craft has failed and that is why is has gotten worse, except your wonderful and mighty and powerful and rich with cash teamsters? And that had the teamsters not belonged to the AFL-CIO, then the teamsters would have saved the profession for the last three decades of prevented those worsening conditions? Really?

Who forced the Teamsters to belong to the AFL-CIO while they sit watching for three decades as your chosen profession has been decimated and/or weakened?

You sir, talk about both of your ass.

That massive Teamsters "war chest" that Anomaly keeps harping about must be short on funds.
Hoffa is begging for donations...

1.5 Million Teamsters Workers, enough to easily shut down the commerce and/or the economy, and Hoffa and the Industrial Unions want to keep playing the game of who has the most money politics. Failed in the past and will fail this time too.

Dear (Name Removed for Privacy),

Five votes was all it took to declare open season on the American worker. On Monday, the Supreme Court decided to allow unlimited spending by corporations for state elections in all 50 states.
Now, in every state, we will see the same underhanded tactics Citizens United unleashed in 2010, which brought to power anti-Teamster politicians like Scott Walker. Corporations will have no check on the amount of cash they can pour into the campaigns of their handpicked anti-worker pawns they want in office.
The Teamsters are not going to stand by and allow this to go unchallenged, but we have to bring the fight to them in the states. I need you to give $25, $50, or $75 today to help stem the flood against the rights of your fellow Teamsters.

Just this month, we saw the power of unlimited funding by corporate owned politicians. Scott Walker was able to raise unlimited dollars due to a corporate sized loophole in Wisconsin’s election laws. This helped him to outspend us more than 7 to 1.

This same loophole has now been approved for all 50 states by the Supreme Court, and now the flood of anti-worker money will infest every Governor’s office and State Legislature in the land. The fat cats in Washington and in every state capitol are grinning ear to ear right now at the pain they are planning for us.

We can fight back right now. Your fellow Brothers and Sisters need your help; please give $25, $50, or $75 today to stand up against this deluge of corporate cash.

We ask a lot of you, but we are under direct assault by wealthy special interests, whose only priority is lining their own pockets. Our pensions, health benefits, and right to exist as a Union are under attack from all sides. Only together can we stand up against them.

In Solidarity,
James P. Hoffa, General President

PS: We can’t let another Scott Walker rise up on a wave of corporate cash. Give $25 today to take a stand against the War on Workers.

HEY Dingledorfs! More Money is NOT THE ANSWER!!!!

TWU Informer are you a AMFA member or at anytime a member. How do you know that AMFA would be a good choice for the AA Mechanics. Look at their history, Alaska, Northwest, United, and Horizon? If this card drive leads to a vote and amfa wins by the time you get a contract, your numbers will be greatly reduced. Look when your standing next to a fire and your firemen are fighting the fire you dont tell them your not happy with there fight and fire them, because when you hire new firemen to fight the fire it will be to late, you will be in the fire and alot of good men will be lost!

TWU Informer are you a AMFA member or at anytime a member. How do you know that AMFA would be a good choice for the AA Mechanics. Look at their history, Alaska, Northwest, United, and Horizon? If this card drive leads to a vote and amfa wins by the time you get a contract, your numbers will be greatly reduced. Look when your standing next to a fire and your firemen are fighting the fire you dont tell them your not happy with there fight and fire them, because when you hire new firemen to fight the fire it will be to late, you will be in the fire and alot of good men will be lost!

Hey Brainiac,

First the TWU does not fight anything they run and hide just like the rest of their Industrial union brothers the IBT & IAM, hell they told us to vote yes and when we did not they were pissed,The ones fighting the fire at AA are the Craft Unions the APA our Pilots and APFA our FA's by the way neither affilated with the AFL-CIO. Secondly do you have any Idea how long it takes to organize 12000 people? the battle in BK will be over before you get to vote so at this point it is up to the Mechanic's and Stock clerks to fight for ourselves with the only thing we have our ballots.

Do tell... whats going to be the excuse when the ibt cant stop outsourcing or layoffs at American?

How about these numbers, inside their first year at UAL HUNDREDS of mechanics lost there jobs...over 400 at SFO alone, and while UAL is now recalling, we still haven't brought back all those furloughed in the ibts first year. At Horizon, they took over in the middle of negotiations, and still couldn't stop the company from outsourcing and furloughing mechanics, over 30% gone...AND THATS AT A REGIONAL CARRIER!

Where is the power? Where was the resources?

Just more teamster snake oil.

Nice try

Sorry but I can't resist.

Brian,

The analogy of us standing next to a fire and the twu being firemen is insulting to firemen. If the twu are firemen they would be the ones making three times what I make in a year and these same firemen wouldn't be the ones I "elected" to fight for me because if they did not put the fire out they wouldn't be burned/harmed. Your firemen would be people like gless, videtich, drummond, little, conley, etc. saying tthings like "Well, if one gets burned everyone must jump in the fire. Oh, except us because you never "elected" us to put out the fire. And those helping your "firemen" would be people like hss, cio, anamoly and they would be the ones wearing bags over their heads because they wouldn't want to be recognized.

This card drive will lead to a vote and the twu will be removed and the teamsters will lose United.

Look I did not say anything about other unions? I am an AMFA member, and all I was saying is that Throwing fellow A&P's to the street is not a way to show them how a craft union works? Be a Professional, work with your union, if that means voting "no" then do it, and follow that up by going to the meetings and letting them know why you voted that way...MAN UP. be a PROFESSIONAL.... take an active interest.for the sake of all the A&P's

Are you smoking crack? Look at the choices.. All the unions representing AMT's today all SUCK. None of them care about the AMT they are lumped in with non skilled labor. Sorry I ever went into this field. I make more as a non union AMT and I would NEVER vote to be in the unions that are offered today. NONE of them are mechanics unions. Mechanics today are screwed...Brain? you are fkn brain DEAD

Back