Update Amfa Card Count!

Checking it Out said:
I see hopeful understands, he is speechless!

I think this says is all!

March 31, 2003

James C. Little

Administrative Vice President, Air Transport Division

Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO

1791 Hurstview Dr.

Hurst, Texas 76054

Re: Summary of the 2003 Contract changes

This will confirm our understanding reached during the negotiations leading up to the agreement signed on (DOS), 2003. During these negotiations, we discussed many changes intended to achieve sustained long-term financial relief from the current provisions of the TWU labor agreements. This letter is intended to recap the majority of the agreed upon changes. Changes are listed by Title groups: I (Mechanics and Related), II (Facilities, Automotive, Cabin Cleaners, Utility and Building Cleaners), III (Fleet Service), IV (Fuelers), V (Stock Clerks), T/S (Technical Specials), Disp (Dispatch), Metro (Meteorologists), Sim Techs (Simulator Technicians) and Instrs (Ground School and Pilot Instructors).

Pay Related

Effective May 1, 2003:

§ Base wage pay reduction, varying percentages (all groups)

§ Elimination of all longevity pay(I & II)

§ Modified longevity pay, start after 17 years, current rates (III, IV, V,T/S)

§ Reduced Sim Tech Coordinator premium by $.75/hour

§ Reduced Sim Tech Skill pay to $.10/hour

§ Reduced Pilot Simulator Instructors premium to $10.00/month

§ Reduced Ground School/Pilot Simulator Instructors standardization coordinator pay to $150.00/month

§ Reduced Pilot/Simulator Instructors work unit experience premium

§ Modified shift differential to $.01, $.02, $.03 (I, II, III, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

§ Elimination of weekend differential (I, II, V, at AFW, TUL, MCI)

§ Elimination of midnight skill retention premium (Sim Techs)

§ Training pay at straight time for off shift and day off (I, II)

§ Elimination of penalty lunch payment (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Elimination of OT meal allowance (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Penalty hours pay for actual time worked @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Reduce OT rate from 2x to 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Work 40 hrs to reach OT rate for day off overtime (III, V)

§ Elimination of debrief pay (T/S)

§ Elimination of Stock Clerk driver premium

§ Elimination of AMT premiums when displacing OSM employee

§ Elimination of Early Call-In guarantees (I, II, III, IV)

§ Elimination of short turn penalty due to shift bids (Art 21 d) (III, IV)

§ Elimination of CC premium when not working as CC (III,V)

Work Rules/ Other changes and effective dates:

Effective April 15, 2003:

§ Combine Systems/Structures into Generals (Title I)

§ Added 7 day labor loan provision (Bases only)

§ Increased AMT productivity through multiple work assignments/training

§ Holidays reduced from 10 to 5. The five (5) observed holidays will be: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day (all groups)

o Holidays- 5 days with roll @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

o Holidays- 5 days (no roll) @ 1.5x (Disp, Metro, Instrs)

Effective May 1, 2003

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days @ 100% (all except I & II)

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days, 1st two at 50% (I & II)

Effective May 3, 2003

§ 4/10s at Overhaul docks/TUL, duration of agreement

Effective within sixty (60) days of ratification:

§ Outsource RON/Ultraclean (II/III)

§ One time System protection credit for headcount reductions realized from work rule changes (all groups except Metro)

Effective thirty (30) days from ratification:

§ Reduce uniform provisioning and eliminate laundering (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Outsource stores function at HDQ (6 Stock Clerks)

§ Relocate 4 Stock Clerks at ORD/GEM to ORD/M & E hanger

Effective as soon as practicable after DOS:

§ Change work schedule to 5 on, 2 off (T/S)

§ Reduced VC accrual one week (all groups)

§ Modify Crew Chief ratios:

AMT- 1:11.5

FSC- 1:9

Fuelers- eliminated ratio

Stores- 1:12

Benefits:

§ Medical & Dental plan modifications (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ SLOA Benefit Coverage reduced from 24 to12 months (all groups)

Effective 5/01/03

§ Eliminate STD Plan (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ Discontinue subsidized medical benefits RIF’d employees (all groups)

Effective 4/15/03

§ Modify IOD to 10 days (all groups) Effective 5/01/03 with the following transition:

o If the injury was incurred prior to 4/15/03, remaining applicable salary continuation through the end of the month up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred on 4/15/03 or before 4/30/03, salary continuation for 10 days up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred after 5/01/03, salary continuation for 10 days

Sincerely,

James B. Weel

Managing Director

Employee Relations

Agreed to this date:

James C Little

Transport Workers Union, AFL-CIO

Attached Image

Attachments

• procompany01.jpg
    procompany01.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 120
Well here it is Thursday night and the clock is ticking down. The count is progressing and a number of cards have been rejected and some new ones have come in. It has started to heat up between Amfa organizers and Amfa national. Word has it that the correct numbers are in Question! Amfa national wants to wait for more cards and the organizers want to file with what they have.

Word has it, the line stations are angry with the Tulsa and MCI organizers. The word is the same rhetoric. Apparently Dave and Don are attempting to dictate. The line stations are feeling left out of the loop. They want answers.

As the clock ticks down, they both will have to decide if they can file and when. The date so far is Monday the 8th. Will this happen? Will Amfa have the energy to go out and collected the needed cards? This is the last opportunity the organizers will have for years to come!

The plot thickens!

Checking it Out said:
Well here it is Thursday night and the clock is ticking down. The count is progressing and a number of cards have been rejected and some new ones have come in. It has started to heat up between Amfa organizers and Amfa national. Word has it that the correct numbers are in Question! Amfa national wants to wait for more cards and the organizers want to file with what they have.

Word has it, the line stations are angry with the Tulsa and MCI organizers. The word is the same rhetoric. Apparently Dave and Don are attempting to dictate. The line stations are feeling left out of the loop. They want answers.

As the clock ticks down, they both will have to decide if they can file and when. The date so far is Monday the 8th. Will this happen? Will Amfa have the energy to go out and collected the needed cards? This is the last opportunity the organizers will have for years to come!

The plot thickens!
I see you haven't come ot of your coma yet CIO. I think you will see much clearer after Mar. 8th. Wake up AMFA is coming like it or not. GOT IT. GOOD.

Checking it Out said:

The plot thickens!

SINCE YOU HAVE THE CRYSTAL BALL...ANSWER ONE SIMPLE QUESTION.

WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME OF THE AMFA/TWU REPRESENTATIONAL DISPUTE?

:D

Checking it Out said:

The plot thickens!
You have a very vivid imagination cio but, your divide and conquer aptitude will not work. Your post does show just how desperate you are getting but, again your lies will shine out soon enough.

Clue: if you want to know more, try waiting near the NMB office with a stethoscope!!!

Funny superside, since you are a puppet and now have a leash on to keep you under control! Go back and get purmission to respond!

Thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!!!

Since I work side by side with you and the likes! I keep informed quit well! The facts are still the facts!!!!!!!!

March 31, 2003

James C. Little

Administrative Vice President, Air Transport Division

Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO

1791 Hurstview Dr.

Hurst, Texas 76054

Re: Summary of the 2003 Contract changes

This will confirm our understanding reached during the negotiations leading up to the agreement signed on (DOS), 2003. During these negotiations, we discussed many changes intended to achieve sustained long-term financial relief from the current provisions of the TWU labor agreements. This letter is intended to recap the majority of the agreed upon changes. Changes are listed by Title groups: I (Mechanics and Related), II (Facilities, Automotive, Cabin Cleaners, Utility and Building Cleaners), III (Fleet Service), IV (Fuelers), V (Stock Clerks), T/S (Technical Specials), Disp (Dispatch), Metro (Meteorologists), Sim Techs (Simulator Technicians) and Instrs (Ground School and Pilot Instructors).

Pay Related

Effective May 1, 2003:

§ Base wage pay reduction, varying percentages (all groups)

§ Elimination of all longevity pay(I & II)

§ Modified longevity pay, start after 17 years, current rates (III, IV, V,T/S)

§ Reduced Sim Tech Coordinator premium by $.75/hour

§ Reduced Sim Tech Skill pay to $.10/hour

§ Reduced Pilot Simulator Instructors premium to $10.00/month

§ Reduced Ground School/Pilot Simulator Instructors standardization coordinator pay to $150.00/month

§ Reduced Pilot/Simulator Instructors work unit experience premium

§ Modified shift differential to $.01, $.02, $.03 (I, II, III, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

§ Elimination of weekend differential (I, II, V, at AFW, TUL, MCI)

§ Elimination of midnight skill retention premium (Sim Techs)

§ Training pay at straight time for off shift and day off (I, II)

§ Elimination of penalty lunch payment (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Elimination of OT meal allowance (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Penalty hours pay for actual time worked @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Reduce OT rate from 2x to 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Work 40 hrs to reach OT rate for day off overtime (III, V)

§ Elimination of debrief pay (T/S)

§ Elimination of Stock Clerk driver premium

§ Elimination of AMT premiums when displacing OSM employee

§ Elimination of Early Call-In guarantees (I, II, III, IV)

§ Elimination of short turn penalty due to shift bids (Art 21 d) (III, IV)

§ Elimination of CC premium when not working as CC (III,V)

Work Rules/ Other changes and effective dates:

Effective April 15, 2003:

§ Combine Systems/Structures into Generals (Title I)

§ Added 7 day labor loan provision (Bases only)

§ Increased AMT productivity through multiple work assignments/training

§ Holidays reduced from 10 to 5. The five (5) observed holidays will be: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day (all groups)

o Holidays- 5 days with roll @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

o Holidays- 5 days (no roll) @ 1.5x (Disp, Metro, Instrs)

Effective May 1, 2003

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days @ 100% (all except I & II)

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days, 1st two at 50% (I & II)

Effective May 3, 2003

§ 4/10s at Overhaul docks/TUL, duration of agreement

Effective within sixty (60) days of ratification:

§ Outsource RON/Ultraclean (II/III)

§ One time System protection credit for headcount reductions realized from work rule changes (all groups except Metro)

Effective thirty (30) days from ratification:

§ Reduce uniform provisioning and eliminate laundering (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Outsource stores function at HDQ (6 Stock Clerks)

§ Relocate 4 Stock Clerks at ORD/GEM to ORD/M & E hanger

Effective as soon as practicable after DOS:

§ Change work schedule to 5 on, 2 off (T/S)

§ Reduced VC accrual one week (all groups)

§ Modify Crew Chief ratios:

AMT- 1:11.5

FSC- 1:9

Fuelers- eliminated ratio

Stores- 1:12

Benefits:

§ Medical & Dental plan modifications (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ SLOA Benefit Coverage reduced from 24 to12 months (all groups)

Effective 5/01/03

§ Eliminate STD Plan (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ Discontinue subsidized medical benefits RIF’d employees (all groups)

Effective 4/15/03

§ Modify IOD to 10 days (all groups) Effective 5/01/03 with the following transition:

o If the injury was incurred prior to 4/15/03, remaining applicable salary continuation through the end of the month up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred on 4/15/03 or before 4/30/03, salary continuation for 10 days up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred after 5/01/03, salary continuation for 10 days

Sincerely,

James B. Weel

Managing Director

Employee Relations

Agreed to this date:

James C Little

Transport Workers Union, AFL-CIO

Attachments

• procompany01.jpg
    procompany01.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 116
Rick,er I mean CIO,

Start knocking the dust off your tools boy! Your headed for the hangar, your going to have to work for a living.

coward (cio),

The word is AMFA!

The answer is AMFA DEFEATS THE twu IN ELECTION AT AA! :up:

Checking it Out said:
Since Amfa has decided not to talk about the card count, told their organizers to be quit and have censored the information. I thought I would give you an update based on information I have been told from key organizers of the 500 club.

Amfa started the card collections back in 1998. Many of the first signers on the latest drive were repeat customers. They do it out of habit. Since February of last year the third drive was started. The cards were sent in so the count went up quickly. Well many of them have expired. A committee was set up to resign those cards. Now here comes the first part of March. Members were upset about the concessionary contract. The signed cards averaged 20 a day. Now Amfa is spending additional time to get these cards resigned. If you take into account a portion is not being signed, Amfa elected to have the card update removed from the website instead of showing a declining card count.

Amfa has been averaging 7 cards a day since mid September. As the numbers showed on the site Amfa was at 8848. Well the number was distorted. Here comes a meeting in the first part of February with the organizers. Word gets out to the supporters that the count was shorter than what was announced. Amfa stepped up the pace and started sending out more mailings and sent the organizers out to push for more cards to be signed. This produced little results. So Amfa national sent a letter and a mailing. This produced about 100 cards. Still short Amfa decided to hold informational meetings at MCI figuring this may produce a few more cards. Here it is, the second day of the verification process from the national and Amfa is calling an informational meeting. This indicates they expect to be short.

Amfa organizers admitted last month the cards were short about 2000 from the numbers Amfa established. The original amount needed was about 10,500 in order to achieve 60%. This has been revised to 9500 and the 60% was has now been whittled down to 55%. Well the numbers have changed again and the valid cards are lower than the 8848. The numbers are closer to 7800 if you take into account the cards are still expiring at a rate of 7 per day Amfa established 16,000 thousand members as a threshold.

Amfa has to make a decision by Saturday. First, do they file with what they have, do they file with the knowledge each passing day produces a higher percentage of cards expiring or do they ask the organizers to go out and seek more cards? I feel if you hear an announcement this week they have decided to wait you will start hearing the standard slogans from past drives, One comes to mind “We will file by Easter!â€￾ I also expect they will not tell you the numbers they have! This is an attempt to suppress, in an effort to energize the rabbit. You can fully expect if they decline to file and seek more cards you can bet the 2000 is probably accurate! If Amfa is so open and democratic than why are they suppressing information? If they have nothing to hide than why have they opted to keep you in the dark?

If the Amfa organizers fail to respond with an update or divert attention you can bet this information is accurate!
Interesting history.

Quote from a post from CIO that Dave has brought back to life!!!.......
Decision 2004,May 6 2004, 06:46 PM] If Amfa is so open and democratic than why are they suppressing information? If they have nothing to hide than why have they opted to keep you in the dark?

Thanks for bringing this back up Dave my boy!!! It appears that amfa DID have something to hide and did suppress information. HAHAHAHAHA!!! But you were caught with your pants down now weren't ya'????? ROLMAO!!! And what's funnier is that you are still short the cards needed !!!!! Go back to you weldin' son, your organizing days are over!!!!!

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive!!!

April 29, 2004

James C. Little

Director Air Transport Division

Transport Workers Union of America

DFW Field Office

1791 Hurstview Drive

Hurts, Texas 767054

Dear Jim:

This responds to your letter dated April 27, 2004, which was faxed to me yesterday, concerning the subject of AMFA and TWU access to American’s confidential and proprietary databases.

I must decline your request for access to these data sources since access to and use of the Company’s databases is limited to internal business purposes only and may not be used for other purposes. I also want to assure you that access that AMFA may have obtained was unauthorized and American Airlines Management did not provide AMFA with access to any confidential payroll and personnel records.

As expressed in the attached letter that American is sending to the National Mediation Board, the Company takes very seriously the breach of corporate security, company policy, and employee privacy that has occurred in connection with AMFA’s April 22, 2004 filing with the NMB. American’s databases, including the Corporate Employee Information System, (“CEISâ€), AA Auto Time and Attendance Records, and Personnel Transaction Records (“PTRâ€) are proprietary, private information about individuals and may not be accessed or used other than for very specific internal business purposes. To reiterate, American neither approved nor condones the unauthorized breach of corporate security involved in this event.

As American’s attached letter to the NMB also expresses, the Company’s investigation into this matter is proceeding. In the meantime, I assure you that, as always, the Company’s position with respect to rival unions remains one of neutrality and even-handedness.

Sincerely, Jeff Brundage

Enclosure
cc: S. Hall
Local Presidents

Ok and what is this supposed to prove? We knew that the company could and would often say "NO" to the TWU, the problem is that the TWU does not know how to say "NO" to the company.

How is that force majeure grievance going? Lets see, going on three years now. Even longer than the TWU represented (?) SWA flight attendants have been without a contract!

I'll tell you how the force majeure case is going, twu is waiting for AMFA to settle their force majeure II case so that they can use it to try and win theirs.