AMFA FILES PROTEST WITH NMB

Has this been posted yet?

Letter to AA Mechanic and Related Regarding NMB Determination (CASE NO. R-7365)

Aug 21, 2013 - Posted by: AMFA National
Dear AA Mechanic & Related:

When the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) filed with the National Mediation Board (NMB) for a representation election at American Airlines in May, the company and the IBT effectively blocked AMFA from becoming your labor representative.

At 3:30 p.m. on the same day the IBT filed with the NMB, and in an almost unprecedented move, the company presented their employee eligibility list and sample signature cards to the NMB. That move by the company closed the window for AMFA, as the NMB rules require that any other union seeking intervenor status must submit their representation cards and accompanying documentation in person by no later than 4:00 p.m. on the day the company presents its documents. In this case it was impossible for any union, even those based in Washington, DC to comply in such a short time period.

Now fast-forward to today, and as it turns out, the IBT has forsaken their desire to represent you and caused the NMB to determine that this act bars the mechanics and related craft from seeking an election for an entire year. If the IBT gets their way, the effort that you made to seek new representation was for nothing, and would ultimately mean that you'll never get back all those hours spent away from family and friends.

What first began as collusion between the IBT and TWU to halt AMFA's momentum quickly became a power struggle between two industrial unions too consumed with their depraved conspiracy to properly represent you (Read the Forbes Article). In a rush to pad their membership rolls and greedily seek to be the sole representative at both American Airlines and US Airways prior to the merger, the IBT took away your chance for a fair and democratic election.

The IBT's and TWU's behavior, much like a petulant, impatient child, accomplished nothing for American's mechanics and related craft. No improvements were made in representation; no improvements were made in workplace benefits or even work rules. Nothing but the cold realization that you were used as pawns in a misguided effort to destroy the chances of AMFA, the only truly democratic union for the class and craft, from representing you.

We believe that the TWU was fearful that they would lose their membership at American to AMFA and conspired with the IBT to keep AMFA off the ballot. We suspect that American Airlines produced their employee eligibility list so quickly because they too, were fearful of AMFA winning an election and coming on property. We expect such awful behavior from employers, but it is unforgivable coming from an organization that represents workers. An election should be about representing you, not about destroying fair competition.

AMFA is not going away. We care too much about making improvements in your lives. We value each and every one of you who supported us at American and we want to see you protected and properly represented. We have already filed a protest with the NMB demanding that the one year ban be lifted due to the "unusual and extraordinary circumstances" that have taken place (Read AMFA's Appeal).

When the time is right, we'll have another chance. In the meantime, stay engaged and keep the faith.

In Solidarity,
AMFA National Executive Council
I only posted the protest letter. Thx.

VOTE AMFA and TULE Will BE GONE for SURE. Stay with what you have and more than half of TULE will remain. Half is better than nothing.

VOTE AMFA and TULE Will BE GONE for SURE. Stay with what you have and more than half of TULE will remain. Half is better than nothing.
. Now that is the funniest post yet. Tulsa will be gone no matter which union represents us. The twu negotiated the demise and fate of Tulsa. Why keep the twu in place to bury the place?

TWU is a s**t Union and so is AMFA.. A UNION is as Strong as its Members...AA and US Mechanics are weak and thats problem #1..

Reactions: 2 people
And disperse to the lines. So better to change TULE now before they bump the lines.

I will be surprised if that many "bump the line" due to the fact that all of the low station are up north. If they do decide to, then they will see for themselves what really goes on.

Wow it has been a week since the protest filing and no word yet.
I agree. Can some one from the AMFA organizers call AMFA National and see if they have a possible time frame of when the NMB might respond to the appeal?

Wow it has been a week since the protest filing and no word yet.
Dude,

The Mechanic and Related at US filed for a release back in May and have heard nothing from the board.

Fleet Service at US filed for a release in July and has heard nothing back from the board.

Three weeks ago and two weeks ago, the IAM M&R has asked the board and the mediator to schedule talks, and have head nothing back from the NMB,

See the dems do take care of labor. Not, I hope this is a wake up call to you folks that think the dems are labors savior. News flash no one cares about us

I have seen it first hand, when I had to go to the White House, Senate and the House when I had to lobby for airline labor union issues.

I have seen it first hand, when I had to go to the White House, Senate and the House when I had to lobby for airline labor union issues.

700UW

Do you actually go back and read what you write?

You are Now telling us you were a Lobbyist? White house/Senate/House
for labor issues?

1. you won a $500,000.00 legal settlement not being a lawyer or IAM Intl officer.

2. Negotiator with IAM

3. Never took any money from IAM just your stock clerks salary.

4. sat in with company and IAM legal/Intl during company negotiations

just how much are we supposed to believe from you when you make all these
claims of what you did. With out really holding any other position than a stock clerk and as the copy distributor / shop steward of information for the IAM.

mechanics at AA may be a bit gullible but come on there is just no way these are all true without being more of a part of the Intl. of the IAM. or part of the AFL-CIO.

Reactions: 1 person