AMFA FILES PROTEST WITH NMB

You posted:

A person's classification doesnt effect their education, knowledge and ability to negotiate, represent and participate.

And the IBT wasnt capable of getting the work back in-house now were they Travis?

You had UPS package delivery driver negotiating your contract.

At least the IAM at US was able to get work back in-house.

Those are the facts.

And dont forget the only reason HP brought some stuff back in-house was the FAA made them or they were going to be shutdown.

Funny an UPS Package Delivery driver was the IBT's lead rep and negotiator for the M&R at HP and those mechanics had the bottom of the barrel CBA and yet they are trying to get the ibt again.

And O.V Delle Femine was a mechanic for like two years and then was a butcher, yet he represented mechanics as the head of amfa and walked away with a pretty penny.

The IAM at US and UA took concessions when the rank and file did.

So AMFA isnt the only union where the leadership took concessions when the members did.

Try again.

And Dell was a butcher, lol.

And I asked:
Funny then why do you attack AMFA national officers claiming Delle was a butcher and IBT Airline Division denigrating UPS drivers as negotiators for their CBAs? Poke fun all you want but the IBT UPS workers have far superior CBAs than anything the IAM could ever negotiate, they work hard and get terrific benefits guess you don't like that.

Josh

You responded with:

Well AMFA failed at NW,AS and UA.

Dells sent a leteer to NW management telling g them to take more from the other unions, not AMFA. They are a raiding organization, just like the IBT.

Also the ibt cba at HP was the worst in the industry.

The ibt at UPS has unlimited farmout, everything over a B-check is farmed out and they have part time mechanics.

Do you know when the west came under the ta their gse mechanics got a $10 an hour raise under the IAM? Also the west mechanics since the merger have gained around 30% increases in wages and benefits, all under the IAM?

This is not about AMFA failing at NWA (thanks to the IAMAW scabs) or IBT at United or UPS.

You are showing your true colors, it seems you think it is ok judge people on their classification but no AMT can question the almighty stock clerk/lav service man and his great wealth of knowledge.

Josh

Someone who never worked in the industry, doesnt have the knowledge and experience to negotiate a contract in an industry that he has never worked in.

Mechanics claim they want mechanics negotiating for them, not a UPS package delivery driver.

700UW ------- Keep one thing in mind when you talk IAM on this board, there may be members here that know how District 142 works all too well! ---- And for everyone's sake, I hope O' Driscal is long gone!!! ---- After all, this isn't the first time the IAM (District 142) has collaborated with the TWU now is it?

700UW ------- Keep one thing in mind when you talk IAM on this board, there may be members here that know how District 142 works all too well! ---- And for everyone's sake, I hope O' Driscal is long gone!!! ---- After all, this isn't the first time the IAM (District 142) has collaborated with the TWU now is it?

No, William O'Driscoll retired several years ago but only after he helped usher in concessions at USAIR. 700 speaks very highly of him, apparently he was "influential" in his training as he has said before.

Not to worry though plenty of other TWA employees are still presiding over the IAM and slurping $250k+ salaries after they sold out their members at TWA. GST Robert Roach and Transportation GVP Sito Pantoja come to mind. Roach has clearly done very well for himself at the IAM, he certainly has a very attractive return on the IAM dues he paid during his career at TWA. Ironically TWA employees are better represented in the Executive Council than current IAM carriers-Alaska, Hawaiian, Southwest, United, and USAIR, The only non-TWA transportation person on the Executive Council is the recently appointed Dora Cervantes from SWA, in an attempt to fulfill the IAM's sudden interest in promoting diversity seems she fit the bill.

Josh

No one helped usher in any concessions, our CBA was abrogated, you know this I have said this many times, why do you keep insisting on posting lies?

How is it a lie? Under O'Driscoll's leadership US gained considerable concessions, if he was a real union man he would have said "we'll take the company down with us", stood his ground but instead sent out letters to the membership justifying concessions and gave the company exactly what they want.

So explain why the IAM Executive council is so unrepresentative of the membership in the transportation department, have to think a lot has changed since Roach was down on the ramp or Sito repaired an airplane. Not to mention they have become out of touch with the membership in their cushy positions. I'm sure there are countless other TWA folks milking it at the IAM they just aren't as public of a figure as Roach and Sito.

Josh

Josh, don't judge all exTWAers by those horses ass!----- Every Airline has a few of them! And AA is no exception! ------- It was rumored that O' Driscoll had a castle in Ireland. Bought and paid for by TWA membership "B" plan pension money. But than again, rumors are just that, "rumors!"

whats twa have to do with this? tw went ch 11 to be brought out by aa as has been explained before aa had certain requirements for twa to do and tw did just that and aa brought them and then ultimately ended a lot of the careers....

secondly i may be fsa but i do recall when the iam mr had their contract abbrogated... and fsa had the outfit's last so called best offer that included adding the pvd n bdl to class 1 city... to get the contract thru. but over all what does any of this have to do with amfa filing protest... itd be nice to see an update on that

MCI,
Absolutely not, I wouldn't paint them all with the same brush. I've always found it interesting that these wheeler dealers get to stick around at the IAM so long and slurp a union salary, benefits and pension after they sold out their colleagues and the IAM no longer represents employees at their carrier. Doesn't seem like Sito is doing such a great job either, look at how the UA negotiations ended with 50 stations on the chopping block, highest medical premiums in the industry, meager pay and resounding defeat by the membership.

Josh

whats twa have to do with this? tw went ch 11 to be brought out by aa as has been explained before aa had certain requirements for twa to do and tw did just that and aa brought them and then ultimately ended a lot of the careers....

secondly i may be fsa but i do recall when the iam mr had their contract abbrogated... and fsa had the outfit's last so called best offer that included adding the pvd n bdl to class 1 city... to get the contract thru. but over all what does any of this have to do with amfa filing protest... itd be nice to see an update on that
robbedagain,------- What TWA has to do with all this is that TWA AMT's, and related, were represented by the IAM, District 142, when AA bought TWA.-------The same IAM, District 142 that is now representing the US Airways people and trying to get a foot hold at AA through the merger.

robbedagain,------- What TWA has to do with all this is that TWA AMT's, and related, were represented by the IAM, District 142, when AA bought TWA.-------The same IAM, District 142 that is now representing the US Airways people and trying to get a foot hold at AA through the merger.

What does all this have to do with.......
AMFA FILES PROTEST WITH NMB

How is it a lie? Under O'Driscoll's leadership US gained considerable concessions, if he was a real union man he would have said "we'll take the company down with us", stood his ground but instead sent out letters to the membership justifying concessions and gave the company exactly what they want.
Who knows, had he done that US may have been the only one to file BK, maybe US would have liquidated but the US workers would be at other carriers and all of us would have earned a couple of hundred thousand more dollars each over the last eleven years.

I have a feeling the NMB is waiting for the War with Syria to start, after all what other excuse do they have to duck labor issues and screw workers out of their rights than to mask it under War time measures? seems the NMB isn't returning anyone's call. 700 says they asked to be released months ago, no answer. maybe they should just take that as a YES? Doesn't the RLA promise a timely resolution?

Latest posts

Back