AMFA & NW resume talks after 360 day strike

...I have heard of a strike being referred to as "self help". I strike, is a legal avenue that a Union may pursue. Assuming this is correct, why may an airline not pursue it's legal right to "self help" by hiring replacements if it can find them?...

Look PUSSY...cat. I know you like to stir it up, but, we've been over this before. Hire replacements POST strike...not PRE strike. That is the difference between your basic good faith bargaining and the nwa version.

What, specifically, do you admire the most...the caltrips in the road, or the use of violence?...or both?....and you people wonder why unionism ranks in the BOTTOM 10 percent of trusted and prestigious institutions in this country....dont you realise that this very post merely re-inforces a VERY innaccurate stereotype of the REAL decent honorable working men and women, who HAPPEN to be union? As for the rest of you on this board, your silence is deafening....just as the muslims in this country remain silent towards the more bloodthirsty of their members, so also do you remain silent towards those here who condone acts of violence. Do you now have the testicular fortitude to openly condemn those responsible for such acts, or do you agree with them, but are too cowardly to support such lawlessness publically?
I say, lets do a roll call...Local, condemn or approve acts of violence by strikers? hackman..condemn or approve?
miss kiddy..condemn or approve? Kev..condemn or approve? The rest of you..condemn or approve of acts of violence and vandalism committed by unionists in the cours of a labor dispute? Failure to answer this challenge directly, or attempting to re-direct the issue by childish insults and hate-speach merely shows the world your TRUE cowardice.

What's worse, being a doormat for fat-cat managers who could care less about the working class, or having the 'nads to draw a line in the sand and say "no more."? I hope that the cowardly, arrogant pilots took a lesson from this group. Too bad they are letting the flight attendants set an example of "testicular fortitude" for them.

That is the difference between your basic good faith bargaining and the nwa version.
That would be easy to do for an unskilled position. We all know that the IAM is a skilled workforce.

If you always have the threat of walking out, then the company should have the option of being prepared. Contigency planning is good management.

What's worse, being a doormat for fat-cat managers who could care less about the working class, or having the 'nads to draw a line in the sand and say "no more."? I hope that the cowardly, arrogant pilots took a lesson from this group. Too bad they are letting the flight attendants set an example of "testicular fortitude" for them.
for the record...condemn of approve of using violence and vandalism in the course of a labor dispute? (its kind of an unofficial research poll I got going)

That would be easy to do for an unskilled position. We all know that the IAM is a skilled workforce.

If you always have the threat of walking out, then the company should have the option of being prepared. Contigency planning is good management.

FINMAN??? Is that you?

It wasn't the IAM, it was the AMFA. The IAM doesn't have strikes anymore...they just roll-over and take it.
And yyyeeesss they would be harder to replace. Thats the point. Forces the company to "truely" negotiate. They could have taken the AMFA counter offer instead of deepening the cuts they offered in the first one.
I'm getting a real feeling of Deja vu.

In that case if the company doesn't have to follow the RLA, than neither should the union. They should stike whenever they feel like it, no more waiting. As soon as the company starts its BS, then union can also. No more following the rules. :angry: :angry:

In that case if the company doesn't have to follow the RLA, than neither should the union. They should stike whenever they feel like it, no more waiting. As soon as the company starts its BS, then union can also. No more following the rules. :angry: :angry:
Now you are beginning to get the idea Hackman. Are you ready to apply that idea though or are you going to just roll over as usual when the next bought of concessions comes your way?

Now you are beginning to get the idea Hackman. Are you ready to apply that idea though or are you going to just roll over as usual when the next bought of concessions comes your way?

Thanks to SCABS like you, the concessions will be implemented regardless.

Do you have any idea how rediculous you sound giving advice on how to organize a strike by Unions?... You are however an expert on 'rolling over'!

Hello...McFly??? We are out on the street moron. We ARE at the MAXIMUM concession imposed by the company. Hey PTO...nwa is probably willing to rehire you for the winter. Just in time to put on the parkas boy. Oh..better wait a while. With talks under way you may get there just in time to turn around and head back south.

Hello...McFly??? We are out on the street moron. We ARE at the MAXIMUM concession imposed by the company. Hey PTO...nwa is probably willing to rehire you for the winter. Just in time to put on the parkas boy. Oh..better wait a while. With talks under way you may get there just in time to turn around and head back south.
i cant even imagine him in a deicing bucket spraying a plane! man what ascary thought and concept that would be and will be this winter :up: :lol:

Hackmans not, he goes to work and sits around reading books and playing dominoes then drives home thankful of his seniority and laughing at how he screwed AA out of yet another days pay. A fair wage I think he calls it though he hasn't lifted a finger towards productivity in years.

My point was that Hackman will never do anything to assist the labor movement other than pay his dues to what he, rightfully, claims to be a worthless union. Hackman is a cheerleader, a poor one at that. He will never be a player of the team and claim solidarity as you guys have. He will crawl around on his knees until his retirement and claim solidarity all the while telling people how worthless his union is as he sucks up more and more concessions and pays those dues.

On a side note I have been seeing a bunch of signs and bumper stickers for IAM Local 470. Who are they?

I might also add that a manager from NWA contacted me last week to see if I were ready to return. I asked if they had given a five-dollar raise. He said no. I asked if they were still working six-day workweeks. He said yes. I politely declined. Though if I can’t get on on a overseas gig next year and it is still possible I will consider return. I very much miss working line.

Overseas "gig"? PTO speak for "I'm going to scab at AMECO-BEJING,CHINA". PTO is going to help the communists wipe out the American AMT's. It figures. PTO,what would you know about productivity? Pencil whipping logbooks and putting people's lives at risk is not being productive. It's attempted murder and one of these day's we will see PTO in the court room. PTO, I hope you didn't spend all that scab money on a repo double wide trailer and saved some for a lawyer. You're definitely gonna need one!

Overseas "gig"? PTO speak for "I'm going to scab at AMECO-BEJING,CHINA".
Actually I was looking at KLM in Amsterdam. The contract houses seem to be having issues getting a solid confirmation on the contract though and there are a lot of rumors flying around as to who will actually land the contract. At the moment it is not looking very promising but we will see.

As for the rest of your riff-raff my Sweet isn't there a forklift waiting for you to operate? Don't forget to read your operators manual for you should never leave a forklift unattended while under a load. Sometimes the hydraulics will leak down on you. :) Have a nice day.

Back