AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMFA = No Transparency. How much was spent on this card drive?
From the TWU, IAM and AFL-CIO in favors to keep the status quo on the property?
If you want to know from the members who organized and managed the drive then one needs to gather all the individuals and try to get an estimate on how much they spent. You need to understand this was a grass roots drive like all the ones previous. AMFA joined the grass roots effort later when the card level reached approximately 40%.
If you want to know how much AMFA national spent you can email them your request. If you want to know how much both unions at the Association and the AFL-CIO spent you can try to contact them as well. Asking here is like asking a hypothetical question not really expecting a real answer. When you find out please post your response so we can all see the amount of money spent. Thank you and have a nice day.

JimmyBOP; Apparently Not enough Money was spent since the Money spent by the AFL-CIO and the Association to nullify the cards so that the M&R members of AA didn't get a say, aka VOTE. It's guys like you who think they know what is going on within the M&R class and craft who feel the TWU/IAM is the best way to go. Without the additional 1200 add ons M&R had the cards to give themselves a chance which was denied them by the AFL-CIO. with the merger./Take Over/ BUYout of AA by US Airways. You probably think this is still AA, but in fact it's America West a mom and pop regional carrier running a Global carrier. Doing so with a management team that hasn't a clue. Over the yrs much of the money spent on card drives was spent by the Organizers, the guys who went around the system, conducted meetings, rented cars, and Hotels on their own dime or from donations from other M&R craft members. Have you worked at SWA? How about Alaska? Or even Horizon? IF Not then you don't know what your talking about when it come to Transparency. You are just going on hearsay. The money spent by the TWU alone dwarfs the amount of wasted dues that is spent by AMFA. Not due to size just because they can hide and do what they want and You have No Idea what they spent it on. That happens even at the Local levels. Peterson/Scheible/Dittmer are NOT held accountable for money they spend. So by the time it gets up to Samuelsen it's almost criminal what is spent on foolishness. But that is YOUR DUES AS WELL. AMFA is a mom/pop union according to you guys of like mind, if that is correct then why the BIG fight to keep them from representing the M&R class and craft employees? DUES is the answer if your wondering.

JimmyBOP; Apparently Not enough Money was spent since the Money spent by the AFL-CIO and the Association to nullify the cards so that the M&R members of AA didn't get a say, aka VOTE. It's guys like you who think they know what is going on within the M&R class and craft who feel the TWU/IAM is the best way to go. Without the additional 1200 add ons M&R had the cards to give themselves a chance which was denied them by the AFL-CIO. with the merger./Take Over/ BUYout of AA by US Airways. You probably think this is still AA, but in fact it's America West a mom and pop regional carrier running a Global carrier. Doing so with a management team that hasn't a clue. Over the yrs much of the money spent on card drives was spent by the Organizers, the guys who went around the system, conducted meetings, rented cars, and Hotels on their own dime or from donations from other M&R craft members. Have you worked at SWA? How about Alaska? Or even Horizon? IF Not then you don't know what your talking about when it come to Transparency. You are just going on hearsay. The money spent by the TWU alone dwarfs the amount of wasted dues that is spent by AMFA. Not due to size just because they can hide and do what they want and You have No Idea what they spent it on. That happens even at the Local levels. Peterson/Scheible/Dittmer are NOT held accountable for money they spend. So by the time it gets up to Samuelsen it's almost criminal what is spent on foolishness. But that is YOUR DUES AS WELL. AMFA is a mom/pop union according to you guys of like mind, if that is correct then why the BIG fight to keep them from representing the M&R class and craft employees? DUES is the answer if your wondering.
I'm an IAM AMT so let's hear your irrelevant rant on us. Bottom line, AMFA is using dues from other airlines to fund this ongoing legal battle and those members have every right to know how much was spent and continues to be spent.

David Eivers are you still in MIA or did you transfer to what was it TPA or MCO? as a fleet service clerk.

I’m not Dave. Dave totally tuned out on all the AMFA stuff years ago because he said it was all nonsense anyway and a complete and total waste of his time. He also said once he got his Contract that he could care less anymore about the fake AMFA drives. But Dave and I are good friends and he said if I wanted the old handle I could have it and he’d get a chuckle out of reading what I write. He did suggest the YouTubes though. And he transferred to FLL and is very much enjoying it so far.

Remember a long time ago here he said he had a friend back in LGA who was an AMT. Anyway we’re still good friends. And I never signed a stupid AMFA card either but I bet they forged my name too. We have a couple of jackasses here who like to try to bully that crap. They walk around with the stupid shirts and they’re old and worn out to chit.

David Eivers are you still in MIA or did you transfer to what was it TPA or MCO? as a fleet service clerk.

BTW man once the Association got me this Contract I had zero reason to think about having even a small interest in AMFA. Even though I never did. I work at AA for money and the Association came through and got me money. Living in NYC sucks but I still got a Daughter in College I’m paying for and maybe I’ll join Dave down there in Florida before I retire? Gonna divorce the wife once the kid graduates. She got fat and ugly. And definitely got no interest in DFW or CLT, yuck. Nothing personal.

I'm an IAM AMT so let's hear your irrelevant rant on us. Bottom line, AMFA is using dues from other airlines to fund this ongoing legal battle and those members have every right to know how much was spent and continues to be spent.
JimmyBOP; IAM or TWU you are 100% correct AMFA uses the total income of dues paid to operate. Just like the IAMNPF and the Dues collected by every company the IAM represents. You are sold on the IAM and that is Ok, but at AA the Association IAM/TWU have bargained away the medical plan you have at this time. It will become one plan in the future for ALL AA employee's in M&R. How many yrs did the IAM screw you guys over financially before the merger? 3 BK's How many guys laid off, "YES" life time recall but how many got recalled? The IAM hired while guys were still on the street.

I am NOT saying that AMFA will be any better for the AMT at AA only time will tell, BUT it is TIME FOR A CHANGE. The TWU has failed the M&R class and craft since it came on the property. What went on at USAirways/USAir I can't say that is on YOU. IAM FAILED at UAL, NWA, TWA, CAL, ALASKA yet you still believe they are so good. What other group of M&R employees is represented by the IAM in the airline industry? I can't think of any, so AA is the last hold on as is the TWU's.

Having retired from AA in 2013, gained employment at WN I can tell you no body here cares how much is spent recruiting or defending drives at other airlines. Under AMFA we have a superior contract, better than any other represented airline not to mention my profit sharing here alone is worth $110,000 compared to $000,000 at AA after 23 years. I certainly feel for the coworkers I left behind having to endure the continued corruption of the trifecta but perhaps AMFA legal will prevail in overturning the injustice. BTW, still waiting on the return of my $13,000 medical prefund match AA is keeping in my personal account.

Are you an AMFA member? If you are ask them. If you are and don’t agree with it then ask your brothers how they feel about it. If they feel like you and don’t agree with it then you have the power to stop it. Try doing that with the ASS. Good luck

• Haha
Reactions: JimmyBop and swamt
Just curious as to when the SWA's AMTs will figure out how many thousands of dollars of their union dues AMFA is spending on legal fees to try and convince the NMB that they didn't lose the representation vote at AA?
That's your dues money boys and girls....

We don't need to figure anything out. We already know b/c of the transparency AMFA has. Every month we are told how much is spent, for what, and how much is left in all the accounts we have.
Also none of the locals can spend more than $300.00 per month without a membership vote. How much is your asso. limited to each and every month before they have to take it to the membership for a vote?? I can tell you the answer to that one, NONE!!! They are NOT limited to any fund spending, period. If you were privy to the funds they spend on meals, drinks, hotels, and of course the outrageous perks they also spend the members funds on is ridiculous to say the least for your asso. Even the officers salaries are way, way out of proportion.
So don't worry yourself about AMFA spending $$$$. They got plenty to spend anyway and we don't really care because they are restricted in their spending habits because they are so transparent.
Thanks again for bringing up yet another reason why AMFA would be a better choice for representation over the asso. currently at AA for the mechanic and related. Any more questions??? :)

We don't need to figure anything out. We already know b/c of the transparency AMFA has. Every month we are told how much is spent, for what, and how much is left in all the accounts we have.
Also none of the locals can spend more than $300.00 per month without a membership vote. How much is your asso. limited to each and every month before they have to take it to the membership for a vote?? I can tell you the answer to that one, NONE!!! They are NOT limited to any fund spending, period. If you were privy to the funds they spend on meals, drinks, hotels, and of course the outrageous perks they also spend the members funds on is ridiculous to say the least for your asso. Even the officers salaries are way, way out of proportion.
So don't worry yourself about AMFA spending $$$$. They got plenty to spend anyway and we don't really care because they are restricted in their spending habits because they are so transparent.
Thanks again for bringing up yet another reason why AMFA would be a better choice for representation over the asso. currently at AA for the mechanic and related. Any more questions??? :)
Here is a good example of silly spending the AA mechanics are subjected to.
The twu is at convention right now in Vegas. A big group of Ass members (not really members because there are only 2 members of the Ass) went to the twu convention on our dues money. The twu has been decertified as our bargaining agent but we still pay to have people go to the convention. Why is that. We are no longer members of the twu yet our dues pay for goof balls to go to the twu convention. How much did that cost us? Is it even fair to to the real twu members to have these guys go and vote on issues. Can the Ass members votes be nullified if there is a contentious issue that’s close in being decided? Are there any ground rules on this? Is it even legal? Who knows.

I want to thank AMFA for being there to help AMT’s at AA. This is what it’s all about and what it would be like if all Mechanic n Related were in the same Union. What AMFA is doing is like modern day abolitionist helping to free us from dues bondage and servitude.
I want to thank all the AMFA members for their generous support in this fight for freedom. This is what unionism is all about.

If a union (Association) has to play dirty tricks just to keep its members from having a vote is it really a union?

Status
Not open for further replies.