AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too funny. "We have heard from many Southwest Airlines Mechanics who want to be TWU Members"
Yea heard that one before twice, and when they tried, they were sent packing within 2 days and again in 4 days on the second try.
If you really had any such mechanics at SWA wanting to be a TWU member, then tell them to apply at AA to get under the TWU and see what they tell ya.

Let's talk about the main topic of this said letter here. The TWU wants the IAM out of their lives, period. They have FINALLY spoken openly to fire the IAM and this combined asso. forced down the throats of the entire membership at AA/US air.
Would love to see the IAM's response to this letter.
Entertainment at it's best coming soon. LMAO!!! :)

Reactions: BeechDriver
That sounds really dreamy and I wish them the best of luck.
Yes sir. I too would support their efforts to get under ONE representational entity instead of this nightmare split asso.
At least FINALLY the pres. of the bigger locals are speaking up. Might cost them though, we shall see.

Of course you know it’s not a raid.

It’s just gonna be a simple down home style “grass roots” campaign.

Fun times ahead.
Failed 3 times before. Twice not long ago. I encourage them to try. They will get sent packing very quickly yet again.
At least AMFA's grass roots efforts collected over 7K cards at AA. TWU would be lucky to get 7 total here as far as the mechanic and related groups are concerned.

BTW: Be sure to share the IAM's response to the 3 local pres. request to kick the IAM to the curb. Now this will be the fun one to watch...

Those 3 got drunk at another unions convention and put that together. Still don’t know why they went to the convention. They are not the twu anymore. They will have some graveling to do once the iam sees their attempt at drunken bravado. I hope you are right about the entertainment value this could be good.
REAL MEN OF GENIUS

Too funny. "We have heard from many Southwest Airlines Mechanics who want to be TWU Members"
Yea heard that one before twice, and when they tried, they were sent packing within 2 days and again in 4 days on the second try.
If you really had any such mechanics at SWA wanting to be a TWU member, then tell them to apply at AA to get under the TWU and see what they tell ya.

Let's talk about the main topic of this said letter here. The TWU wants the IAM out of their lives, period. They have FINALLY spoken openly to fire the IAM and this combined asso. forced down the throats of the entire membership at AA/US air.
Would love to see the IAM's response to this letter.
Entertainment at it's best coming soon. LMAO!!! :)

Yes sir. I too would support their efforts to get under ONE representational entity instead of this nightmare split asso.
At least FINALLY the pres. of the bigger locals are speaking up. Might cost them though, we shall see.

Failed 3 times before. Twice not long ago. I encourage them to try. They will get sent packing very quickly yet again.
At least AMFA's grass roots efforts collected over 7K cards at AA. TWU would be lucky to get 7 total here as far as the mechanic and related groups are concerned.

BTW: Be sure to share the IAM's response to the 3 local pres. request to kick the IAM to the curb. Now this will be the fun one to watch...

Any truth to the rumor about the iam starting a card drive at AA?
Not sure how that would work but what would stop them?
I would gladly sign a card to let the membership vote. If the ex IAM members started the drive would it be a raid or grass roots?
The AA side wants the better medical the IAM provides their ex members. They could probably get a showing of interest on that alone. Any one else heard about this?

I would gladly sign a card to let the membership vote. If the ex IAM members started the drive would it be a raid or grass roots?
The AA side wants the better medical the IAM provides their ex members. They could probably get a showing of interest on that alone. Any one else heard about this?
I heard the same thing in Charlotte.

All kinds of rumors
TWU going to bribe IAM with 5 years of lost dues to take the Mechanics

IAM card drive

The IAM would force us all into their failing National Pension Fund and your retirement would be at risk as a result

Obviously the Association is in complete meltdown

Unless AMFA is granted the pending motion to reconsider from NMB and a vote is granted then there is a one year NMB bar from September 2nd, 2021 for any application to change representation!

Health care contractual poison pill would is still in play for IAM members

Taking on one of the industrial unions that created this dual union cluster F would be a step backwards

TWU 17 years of concessions to “save jobs, prevent bankruptcy, keep our pensions” that sucked big time and we even lost our company match on prefunding of retirement medical, which was supposed to be “bankruptcy proof”

AMFA Constitution is what you want in your union representation

Reading the 2 page letter from TWU Local Presidents is a grasp at best

Unless the IAM agrees to dissolve the Association it will remain in place!

AMFA organizers offer the best path out of this dysfunctional abomination of unionism!

Last edited:
This could be worth the price of admission! The Ass Cuck"s are now getting spines?
I cannot wait to hear the campaigning lies & promises the Cuck"s of the ASS will spew
to get a card signed !!! The bootlicking should be epic if either union actually has the
balls to start a card drive,

Scorpion 2;

There is within the AFL-CIO a clause that does not allow a card drive from one member against another. They the AFLCIO in collusion with the TWU/IAM put this ASSociation together in order to keep both unions viable and collecting dues from it's members. They both fought so hard to keep AMFA from getting a VOTE, (WHY) ? Dues is the answer. Now you think they are going to work against one another to disband the ASSociation.

What do you think the Fallout of them becoming separate unions again would be within AA?

If you read the contract the difference between the medical plans of the TWU side vers the IAM side is and will change as the years go by.
Getting closer to being one Plan. AA is Not going to have 2 seperate medical plans in the future for ground employees. The so called poison pill is proof of that.

You just wait and see just how much your medical is going to go UP during the next medical option selection in the next couple of months.

This could be worth the price of admission! The Ass Cuck"s are now getting spines?
I cannot wait to hear the campaigning lies & promises the Cuck"s of the ASS will spew
to get a card signed !!! The bootlicking should be epic if either union actually has the
balls to start a card drive,
CHILOKIE 1

What happened when TWU & IAM members signed IBT cards along with AMFA cards in the past. Many throughout the system signed both and were saying anything but the TWU. So why would any person who signed and believed that AMFA is the best choice, go ahead and sign either a TWU or IAM card? So if the AMFA supporters don't sign any card there will be NO WAY the M&R class and craft would have enough cards to file.

Insufficient interest of cards, That is what the NMB ruled this time with the AMFA card drive.

If the members of the M&R class and craft at AA want out of the ASSociation then maybe sometime Next year, you guys should start another AMFA card drive. Now that you have seen just what the two (2) industrial unions will do to keep your dues coming in. Figure out ways to delay or keep you from getting a VOTE.

By the information you All have now shows you that AA created a BID for Deicers at a time when that (service) was not being accomplished. AA Has created Tow team members of the Ramp that would be added into the class and craft. The question should be if they are part of the M&R class and craft WHY aren't they required to follow the guidelines of the Maintenance GPM? Do they have the same time restrictions of work that M&R?
Are they required to have drug tests random like M&R? If they are part of M&R how can they BID in/out of ramp positions?

Last edited:
The AFL-CIO Constitution no raid clause

The incredible view Competition is “determintal” to workers?

0952E58F-7984-4AEE-9B50-6FE424DA9118.jpeg

I haven’t seen anything that states the Association is affiliated with the aflcio. The twu and Iam are no longer on the property so that rule will not apply here. The association was thrown together to protect the flow of dues but it also decertified the 2 unions. If the iam wants to start a card drive I would consider helping if the rumor is true. The mech n related deserve the dignity of a vote. Who you vote for is the individuals choice. Asking someone to sign a card is not asking him to vote for a specific union. You’re asking him to support a democratic choice in representation. Let the people speak. I think the iam must feel they have a good chance at prevailing if a vote were to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.