AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the letter a ruling has been made on the total M&R which is now 14,403, so you are telling us we have more than 7, 202 cards. :D Thanks. So, all we are waiting for is for a possible appeals on the new total M&R # of 14,403 by AMFA , AA or the ASS..
CHELLOW;

To answer your question "YES" the amount of cards that we turned in to the NMB Office exceeds that number. What we don't know is if any were discarded due to some error on the card such as signatures or dates being not accepted for whatever reason. That is why when we were collecting the cards we asked all to insure all the info was neatly written. Could there be more to this maybe we just don't know.

CHELLOW;

To answer your question "YES" the amount of cards that we turned in to the NMB Office exceeds that number. What we don't know is if any were discarded due to some error on the card such as signatures or dates being not accepted for whatever reason. That is why when we were collecting the cards we asked all to insure all the info was neatly written. Could there be more to this maybe we just don't know.
Real organizers would have pulled those cards and gotten the errors fixed before submitting them....Only raiders wouldn't have....Taps is getting louder in the background.

Real organizers would have pulled those cards and gotten the errors fixed before submitting them....Only raiders wouldn't have....Taps is getting louder in the background.
JimmyBOP;

You have NO CLUE as to what you are talking about. There were stations that did not have as you put it real Organizers. Cards were collected and sent to either an Organizer or sent back to our collection point in DFW. There were Organizers who did look at and verify each card BUT the scrutiny in which the NMB looks at each card can't be judged by the Organizers. If during our inspection we found a questionable card we sent for a replacement. Raiders would be representatives from another Union, the members of the Organizing committee were NOT members of any other Union they were represented by the ASSOC. TWU/IAM. These members who work for AA have had enough of the corrupt leadership of the current bargaining unit.

So your childish rubbish holds NO WATER, you don't have a CLUE, you can play TAPS for the TWU/IAM when the NMB rules that there will be a VOTE.

If you are part of the M&R workgroup, you will get a VOTE, and with that you can voice your choice. Stay with the ASSOC., Vote for AMFA, or NO Union.
But the ability to be heard will be yours. that is what we the Organizers want a VOTE. Whomever wins at that point will going forward be the Bargaining unit for the M&R employees without further challenge. Since the membership WILL HAVE SPOKEN.

1*hnYk6YA8E38kCsvDxW2Z9g.png

Dear American Airlines’ Mechanics and Related Employees:

On June 25, 2021, the National Mediation Board’s (NMB) Investigator issued extensive rulings regarding the challenges and objections filed by the TWU/IAM Association and the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) to the December 4, 2020, proposed Eligibility List of American Airlines containing 13,211 individuals less duplicative entries. The Investigator’s Rulings determined that the number of eligible voters as of the November 6, 2020, cut-off date is 14,403. However, the number of eligible voters for purposes of determining the sufficiency of AMFA’s showing of interest will not be finalized until after the NMB determines the outcome of all appeals. AMFA still believes there are a number of individuals on the eligibility list that are not part of Mechanics and Related craft or class at American Airlines.

The NMB’s decision on the appeals of the Investigator’s Rulings will inform the NMB’s decision on holding the election for the Mechanics and Related Employees at American Airlines. All appeals are due by July 12, 2021, and any responses to appeals are due by July 26, 2021. AMFA will keep you posted on any future developments.

In Solidarity,

Gene Painter

Assistant National Director

So final responses to appeals are due 7-26. then more than likely another month after that, Aug. At this rate it might be in 2022 the way the NMB moves and works...

So final responses to appeals are due 7-26. then more than likely another month after that, Aug. At this rate it might be in 2022 the way the NMB moves and works...
The NMB is moving at a unprecedented pace. Maybe the NMB is looking for a way to deny us a fair representational election. If this current step fails to show lack of interest then the next step to verify cards will be the final denial. All they have to do is reject cards for any reason they see fit. My concern is after all is said and done including card verification we will be short by a very low double digit count.
My opinion as always. No final decision has been made yet. I can't even see a final decision by the end of July because surprises keep popping up. I've noticed since the organizers and AMFA have submitted more than enough cards from the beginning the filing has dragged out longer than average. Covid-19 or not look at the objections and the timing from the Association. The longer this goes the more windows of opportunity for the Association and NMB have to deny us a fair representational election.

Have a happy and safe Independence Day.

Reactions: iluvaa
The NMB is moving at a unprecedented pace. Maybe the NMB is looking for a way to deny us a fair representational election. If this current step fails to show lack of interest then the next step to verify cards will be the final denial. All they have to do is reject cards for any reason they see fit. My concern is after all is said and done including card verification we will be short by a very low double digit count.
My opinion as always. No final decision has been made yet. I can't even see a final decision by the end of July because surprises keep popping up. I've noticed since the organizers and AMFA have submitted more than enough cards from the beginning the filing has dragged out longer than average. Covid-19 or not look at the objections and the timing from the Association. The longer this goes the more windows of opportunity for the Association and NMB have to deny us a fair representational election.

Have a happy and safe Independence Day.
I am respectfully disagreeing. I actually think there still will be a vote. And even a possible smaller list. It would be interesting knowing the "and related" groups that were added that were never before a part of the "mechanic and related" before. I believe these will be the groups appealed in the next rounds going forward. Maybe AMFA Legal can get some more removed if they are not truly a part of the "mechanic and related" group. At least AMFA was able to fend off the a lot of the 2K plus that the asso was trying to add to the group/list. I was a little baffled on some that I read about on the long winded NMB report that I started to read. I even wondered why the NMB left the deceased on the list for the simple fact that they died after the deadline, hello; they still can not vote, they are deceased, but they are still counted as far as the total numbers are concerned and works towards the % of "showing of interest". IMO, they should be removed as they cannot vote.
Nothing will come by the end of this summer. In hopes now before end of year, but that is in the air too as this is taking so long.

With the NMB ruling I hope AMFA takes in this additional newly called mechanics and related and add them to an associated affiliated Union, then targets all the others Fleet groups and take them away from the Association, that's the least we can do to our current union bothers.

Last edited:
With the NMB ruling I hope AMFA takes in this additional newly called mechanics and related and add them to an associated affiliated Union, then targets all the others Fleet groups and take them away from the Association, that's the least we can do to our current union bothers.
And dilute our class and craft? Then we become an industrial union. Unfortunately it's all political by the NMB. This is another attempt to deny us a legitimate representational vote. We filed so many cards that the Association had to pull this latest political stunt with the help of the NMB. Watch what happens when the NMB gets to the card verification process. They know exactly how many cards needed for an election to be called. Will we have enough cards at that point?

I am not overly surprised by the Investigators ruling. I am disappointed by the ruling regarding the Poison Pill on the medical. But it is what it is now. I guess the only other thing to do about it is either accept as it is, or consult my own attorney regarding it. The responses regarding the positions seem pretty well thought out, and correct, whether I like it or not. The date was known by both sides. and you can't use information from after that date to say people don't count. As for SWAMT's thought on those that have passed, I have to disagree. That person was in the role on the date dictated by the NMB. Them passing afterwards is irrelevant to that. Hopefully things happen with better communications. But that is in the future and I can't read the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.