AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I read it is if the iam is the first to start organizing us then the twu has to step back. Or any other aflcio affiliate that has their eyes on us. The first aflcio affiliate to start the organizing drive gets the honors. I’m not twu or the iam. I’m just an Ass hostage.

I haven’t seen anything that states the Association is affiliated with the aflcio. The twu and Iam are no longer on the property so that rule will not apply here. The association was thrown together to protect the flow of dues but it also decertified the 2 unions. If the iam wants to start a card drive I would consider helping if the rumor is true. The mech n related deserve the dignity of a vote. Who you vote for is the individuals choice. Asking someone to sign a card is not asking him to vote for a specific union. You’re asking him to support a democratic choice in representation. Let the people speak. I think the iam must feel they have a good chance at prevailing if a vote were to happen.
Scorpion 2 That in which you said is what the AMFA guys including myself have said for years, just give the M&R class and craft members a chance to VOTE. I don't see a win/win with either the TWU or IAM starting a card drive. Because there would be a write in campaign by the other group and AMFA supporters which would split the vote. That happened with the IBT coming in when guys said sign both. IAM threatened pension and health benefits. God only knows what the TWU would bargain away before a new contract was put in place.

Don't you think the AFL-CIO had some input to stop the card drive of AMFA and maybe even the decision of the NMB with regards to the cards?

Reactions: swamt

TWU Locals 514, 567, 591​

Professional Gaslighting Propaganda​

Gaslighting Description:​

• Gaslighting is a colloquialism that is loosely defined as making someone question their reality. The term is also used informally to describe someone who persistently puts forth a false narrative which leads another person to doubt their own perceptions to the extent that they become disoriented and distressed.

NOW THEY TELL THE TRUTH!​

Suddenly the three TWU Local Presidents of Local’s 514, 567, And 591 all sign a gaslighting letter admitting that the TWU-IAM Association is dysfunctional, not working in the memberships best interest, and even call the IAM a “Boat Anchor” to success!

WHAT IS THEIR SOLUTION?​

They have no solutions, just more meaningless innuendo, while attacking the only viable solution that most of their members (7228 AMFA cards signed) put forward which is calling for a Representation Dispute Election via the National Mediation Board.

ATTACK AMFA and AGREE TO RAID AMFA​

So at the TWU Constitutional Convention they vote to approve millions of your dues money $, to go to RAID AMFA represented carriers. While they leave you in the failing TWU-IAM Association.

Of course, AA has more Mechanics per Aircraft than AMFA at Southwest, but we paid for that via TWU Concessions (B-Scales, SRP payrates, 17 Years of Concessions) but the numbers have dwindled from 18,600 in 2004 NMB Determination, down to 14,400 in the latest NMB determination. And that’s even after taking in USAir Mechanics which was numbered at 4,854 NMB 2015 Determination.

That’s 23,454 combined AA — USAir since we began working under the 2003 Concessions from hell.

This means the total loss of M&R jobs was appx 9,000 while we worked under TWU Concessions to “Save jobs, Prevent Bankruptcy, Save our Pensions”!

Not only did the TWU suffer loss of those 9,000 jobs, Bankruptcy did indeed happen, our Pensions were frozen in 2012, and we even loss the Company Match on our prefunding of retirement medical which was supposed to be Bankruptcy proof”

So now after these gaslighting leaders inflate the eligibility list using Fleet Service Agreement jobs to prevent the only viable option for us to leave the TWU-IAM Association, they come out with their true feelings about the TWU-IAM Association. And they try a half witted attempt at the recent TWU International Convention.

Regardless of what happens next, these three Presidents have now exposed their true colors, and their narcissistic agenda, which can only be described as self-serving and not in their memberships best interest. A personal power grab by each of them to hold onto power and their personal financial gains on your dime. In other words “They’ve Got Theirs Brother”

To believe that the TWU can take their track record of massive concessions, forcing Dual Union Representation down the members throats without a vote, to RAID AMFA represented carriers is at best an award winning script for a comedy movie. This is just another slush fund department to be made up of nothing more than loyalists to the TWU International. Being Rewarded for support at the Convention, and over paid industrial union zealots partying, eating and drinking from your hard earned paycheck!

They think writing and signing a two paged gaslighting letter is the solution?​

Reactions: swamt and 1AA

The Next Big TWU Smoke Screen

So now that the dual union Association has “Beat Back” the membership demand for a vote on union representation, the smoke screens about change are in the works! We’ve been there, done that, only to get screwed again by industrial unions.

Example: The Local 591 TWU Constitution Convention resolution

(linked below)

In this resolution TWU 591 Local Executive Board​

Admits the following:​

1. The Association was formed without support of TWU Local Leadership or the TWU membership
2. The TWU membership was promised and denied a vote on the formation of the Association

3. The TWU surrendered their representation certification with the NMB

4. Association has led to internal strife, inflamed lack of trust in the union, and drove a stake in the heart of TWU Union democracy

Then they request a membership referendum to dissolve the Association.

What they must not know is unless the IAM agrees to dissolve the Association, a membership referendum is nothing more than a waste of time and money!

HOW DO YOU SPELL

CORRUPTION and COLLUSION?​

4 deceased individuals,

3 retirees,

620 Voluntary Early Out Participants,

someone working for another carrier,

130 flight simulator engineers,

250 Fleet Service Employees on tow teams moving aircraft, and

116 employees not performing deicing

And the kitchen sink to prevent the employees from voting for the Union representation of their choosing​

And numerous ramp members System wide that BID a deicing crew at a time when Zero Deicing was being accomplished.

This is what was ADDED to deflate the number of authentic signed cards submitted to the NMB by the AMFA Organizers, and allowed in by the NMB.

FLASHBACK
Below is an appeal Gary Peterson filed with the NMB with reasons why the TWU-IAM Association should never be our certified representation!

Now he has been trying to dilute the Craft or Class to prevent you from voting to get out of what he once clearly viewed as a negative! Wait until you see his declarations to NMB to prevent the election of union representation!

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — -

And so Gary Peterson gets appointed to the International

And HE SHUT UP! And changed his tune 180 degrees! I guess money in the pocket really does talk for some men!

Transport Workers Union Local 591

TWU/IAM Association NMB Appeal Posted On:

Aug 24, 2014

If the TWU/IAM Association is permitted to circumvent the representations it has made in federal court in order to maintain that the Association is in fact a mere alliance of two pre-existing incumbents rather than a new union, then even a cursory analysis of the Associations structure confirms that it would result in the division of the craft or class into two subgroups each represented by an independent labor union.

Of particular note are the following:

Individual employees cannot become members of the Association;

Individual employees who are currently members of one of the two incumbents may, due to transfer or displacement, be compelled to join the other incumbent;

The Association Constitution provides that both Labor Partners will independently represent their respective members in their pre-merger territories of predominance In sum, a single carrier election resulting in the designation of the TWU/IAM Association will effectively result in the perpetuation of pre-merger dual carrier representation.

The employees will suffer the most from this deviation from RLA policy due to the loss of collective power and coherence that comes with the statutes requirement of singleness of agency.

Where a single carrier exists, the RLA requires a single union representative for the entirety of the craft or class. Local 591 respectfully requests that the NMB honor the employees right to an honest and lawful single carrier election process pursuant to which barring the requisite showing of interest by either the IAM or another union intervenor the TWU appear as the only specifically listed union candidate on the ballot, or, alternatively, that the TWUs certification be extended to cover the combined crafts or classes of Mechanics and Related Employees and Stock Clerks.

Respectfully submitted,

Gary Peterson President Local 591 TWU

Reactions: 1AA
THE BOTTOM LINE
They lied and told us we would get to vote on this Association!

The TWU and the IAM both forfeited their representation certifications.

This Association Constitution looks like it was written on a napkin.

The two unions have to fight over every decision that needs to be made and every issue fight is about power and money.

American Airlines can’t even run the Airline because these two unions are disrupting the ability to communicate with the employees union leaders because they are a two headed nightmare

We have union employees working side by side with different benefits and different pension plans that the Airline has to administer

What a total cluster!

I don’t care if you are an IAM loyalist or a TWU loyalist, you cannot possibly believe that this Association which is the certified bargaining agent is in our collective best interest.

Maybe you as an individual are getting a better deal than the member next to you! But collectively we can’t have the needed unity to succeed going forward under these conditions.

How can we be a unified single team when we are on separate teams?

The TWU and the IAM have enough appointed leaders collecting $250,000.00 annual salaries that they wouldn’t fit in a 777–300!

Valid points were made in the last few post. The twu has made its bed. They had the opportunity to lead but chose to decertify and punt their membership away. The iam on the other hand was not in a position to do anything. Their memberships options were join the twu and have zero say or join the ASS and have equal power. No brainer there.
There seems to be open minded consideration to going iam from the AA side if they are not forced into the iam pension fund. The twu on the other hand has burned every bridge that they’ve crossed. If the 3 amigos want to open Pandora’s box I’m sure the iam will smile and welcome another gift from the twu.

Valid points were made in the last few post. The twu has made its bed. They had the opportunity to lead but chose to decertify and punt their membership away. The iam on the other hand was not in a position to do anything. Their memberships options were join the twu and have zero say or join the ASS and have equal power. No brainer there.
There seems to be open minded consideration to going iam from the AA side if they are not forced into the iam pension fund. The twu on the other hand has burned every bridge that they’ve crossed. If the 3 amigos want to open Pandora’s box I’m sure the iam will smile and welcome another gift from the twu.
I'm open minded but the IAM and the TWU are nowhere to be found in my mind. They are both inept unions! Regards, from Tulsa.

If the IAM wants to start a card drive, I will gladly sign one for them, and I have heard other say that they would also support a IAM card drive. Anyone that supports the TWU must have beaten wife syndrome.

If the IAM wants to start a card drive, I will gladly sign one for them, and I have heard other say that they would also support a IAM card drive. Anyone that supports the TWU must have beaten wife syndrome.
they dont have to start a card drive, they can just use their "dues checkoff card" trick again. but that will never happen its just another ploy to pacify people. they passed on their best and probably only chance to leave the association and achieve some kind of unity. its clear the membership is not happy. if you inflate the seniority list with 1400 names that dont perform maintenance and the claim victory because we were short 50 cards, well your just:

look at the future that was just stolen from those youngsters...

they dont have to start a card drive, they can just use their "dues checkoff card" trick again. but that will never happen its just another ploy to pacify people. they passed on their best and probably only chance to leave the association and achieve some kind of unity. its clear the membership is not happy. if you inflate the seniority list with 1400 names that dont perform maintenance and the claim victory because we were short 50 cards, well your just:

look at the future that was just stolen from those youngsters...
The twu decertified so that may not work this time. This is a screwed up deal all the way around for us and the 2 unions that decertified. Well maybe not no much for the international. They are above the fray and the dues continue to flow in. The 3 amigos need to get some cards printed fast before the iam gets theirs printed. Nothing is stopping them from getting a drive going. They will find out who’s side mutton chops Samuelson is on when they hand the cards to him.

Reactions: dfw gen
The twu decertified so that may not work this time. This is a screwed up deal all the way around for us and the 2 unions that decertified. Well maybe not no much for the international. They are above the fray and the dues continue to flow in. The 3 amigos need to get some cards printed fast before the iam gets theirs printed. Nothing is stopping them from getting a drive going. They will find out who’s side mutton chops Samuelson is on when they hand the cards to him.
Possibly. Either way the only way to get out of the association would be to leave the afl cio them break the association. That's not happening so we are in a dysfunctional association that it this point you probably couldn't get the two in the same room. Since the Iam seems to be a little sharper then the twu, I wonder what they will come up with two repay the insurrection...

I received a text message from a mechanic in Tulsa, he said that a E-board member from the TWU, named Terry Buck, is aware of the IAM considering a card drive, and that he isn't concerned, because he believes that the IAM would lose. It almost sounds like he knows that the TWU and the NMB have an arrangement, after all, AMFA can't get an election when they have 1400 more cards than they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.